PDA

View Full Version : Nickelodeon show talks about hyperinflation, mocks Bernanke and Federal Reserve

Cherder
10-08-2010, 09:01 PM
I couldn't believe my ears just. I was watching TV with my nephew. A segment Glenn Martin, DDS featured talks on inflating the money supply and its effects on the economy and prices. A few of the gems include:

I'm printing more cash for healthcare, bailouts, and the war in Iraq!

Printing all this money is gonna lead need to rampant inflation!

I thought about that problem and I'll fix it soon, by dropping more money from my more money balloon

Davaluing the dollar will lead to runaway inflation

It also features Bernanke as a crazed madman, catering to wall executives.

The segments about inflation are scattered, but start at about 5 minutes in.

Watch the full episode here: http://www.nickatnite.com/videos/clip/glenn-martin-dds-tooth-fairy-full-episode.html

RSLudlum
10-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Love the Willy Wonka touch. :)

Sentient Void
10-08-2010, 09:38 PM
OMG... wow.... *that* was on *Nickelodeon*????

Trashing keynesians on nickelodeon is pretty damned classic!

wormyguy
10-08-2010, 09:43 PM
My agreement aside, the person who wrote that was obviously high.

MRoCkEd
10-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Some libertarian writer is having too much fun at the Nick headquarters

RforRevolution
10-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Umm...That. Was. Awesome. It was actually very adult humor too.

Cherder
10-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Some libertarian writer is having too much fun at the Nick headquarters

Name is Adam Pava, though I couldn't find any information on him.

ClayTrainor
10-08-2010, 09:59 PM
That's pretty great!

I must say, that hangnail part made me cringe.

trey4sports
10-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Glen Martin DDS is the shit. My lil bro is always watching that, and to my surprise it's actually funny as hell

ghengis86
10-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Yes, Glenn Martin DDS FTW.

One episode had Dick Cheny living the the WH basement, but turned to dust when exposed to sunlight.

Kevin Nealon does Glenn's voice. Kids will laugh and so will adults.

ghengis86
10-08-2010, 10:15 PM
http://www.nickatnite.com/videos/clip/hail-to-the-teeth-clip.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Glenn_Martin,_DDS_episodes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Martin,_DDS

http://www.nickatnite.com/shows/glenn-martin-dds/

Knightskye
10-08-2010, 10:21 PM
For the stimulus package and the war in Iraqage.

Lol. Good stuff.

ghengis86
10-08-2010, 10:28 PM
how sorry is it that a kids network is more truthful than the MSM on current events?

Inkblots
10-08-2010, 11:51 PM
I would never have believed it if I hadn't just watched it myself. I know we've always been told that if we educated people and were honest about things like this, the message would get out into the culture and change the way people think, but to see it actually happening is very strange and exciting.

Vessol
10-09-2010, 12:51 AM
Holy shit, is this on primetime? God damn.

Screw anyone whom has ever called Glenn Beck influential, this is brilliant. If our children are watching this I have a faint glimmer of hope in the future.

jclay2
10-09-2010, 01:04 AM
That is probably one of the most truthful reports on the state of our monetary system on public television ever displayed. Too bad its on Nick At Night.

BuddyRey
10-09-2010, 01:05 AM
See, this is why there should be a libertarian kids' TV show. If you can get through to the kids, you hold the future of the world in your hands.

Kludge
10-09-2010, 01:27 AM
Will kids remember it? NickAtNite is more for adults than kids.

I can't remember any plots in particular from the kids' shows I watched -- and that was less than a decade ago :x

Stary Hickory
10-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Daaaammn Nickelodeon

roho76
10-09-2010, 08:41 AM

I can't remember any plots in particular from the kids' shows I watched -- and that was less than a decade ago :x

Oh they remember. Just look at what Sesame Street has done to society. If you were to bombard their minds with libertarian philosophy while they were young by time they reached their teens they would be changing the world.

Bern
10-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Whoa.

"Can't a man grind his organ in public?"

That's some subversive programming for kids...

trey4sports
10-09-2010, 09:23 AM

NickAtNite is now geared more towards a younger crowd. I remember when I Love Lucy and Bewitched and those older shows used to be on NAN, but the demographic has changed along with the programming

QueenB4Liberty
10-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Oh they remember. Just look at what Sesame Street has done to society. If you were to bombard their minds with libertarian philosophy while they were young by time they reached their teens they would be changing the world.

What has Sesame street done to society, exactly?

dude58677
10-09-2010, 11:20 AM
This is lime the Donald Duck cartoon promoting income taxes and conscription, only it this cartoon is promoting the opposite.

Jordan
10-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Holy shit, is this on primetime? God damn.

Screw anyone whom has ever called Glenn Beck influential, this is brilliant. If our children are watching this I have a faint glimmer of hope in the future.

How many times did Bob the Builder say "Yes we can!" :o

pahs1994
10-09-2010, 11:47 AM
YouTube - Duck Tales Inflation Lesson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_LWQQrpSc4)

Here is a ducktales episode on inflation

Kludge
10-09-2010, 10:03 PM
NickAtNite is now geared more towards a younger crowd. I remember when I Love Lucy and Bewitched and those older shows used to be on NAN, but the demographic has changed along with the programming

Weird. I remember it always ran Roseanne and uhhh that show about a nanny.

I'm guessing the first few hours of NAN have diff. programming than the later hours?

QueenB4Liberty
10-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Umm...That. Was. Awesome. It was actually very adult humor too.

Yeah I loved that! Now I want to go watch more episodes. lol

Knightskye
10-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Weird. I remember it always ran Roseanne and uhhh that show about a nanny.

A show called "The Nanny." Lol.

By the way, I just read part of your signature. Root's a dumbass.

I'm guessing the first few hours of NAN have diff. programming than the later hours?

I think they aim for family programming.