PDA

View Full Version : Busted! Report: Dems planted NJ tea-party House candidate

Brian4Liberty
10-08-2010, 05:47 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101008/ap_on_el_ho/us_plant_candidate_3

MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. – A New Jersey Republican congressional candidate criticized his Democratic opponent Friday amid mounting evidence that Democratic officials planted a tea-party candidate in the race to siphon off conservative votes.
Democratic operatives speaking on the condition of anonymity confirmed what Republicans have believed for months: That tea-party candidate Peter DeStefano was put on the ballot by Democrats.

specsaregood
10-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Adler is going down, I'm pretty sure everybody knows it. It's his bad though, for a democrat he wasn't too bad but then he sold us out when it counted on the audit the fed bill; despite being an early co-sponsor. Because of that, I'm voting against him.

HOLLYWOOD
10-08-2010, 06:42 PM
DA going to investigate this?

FEC?

This is where it's getting grey zone of racketeering and conspiracy to commit elections fraud etc.

Let's see where the money came from and that'll track it down.... where's Chris Christie? He should resolve this ASAP

Aratus
10-09-2010, 10:29 AM
jerry brown's semi foul-mouthed A/V person leaping into a strategy session truely seems such
a minor problem by comparison to this erudite and clever paper trail that is all over NEW JERSEY?

Kregisen
10-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Should something like this even be illegal? How is it considered fraud? Anyone fulfilling the requirements can run for office....it doesn't matter who's supporting them. If the democrats plant someone running as a tea party candidate, and people vote for him, that's just stupid people voting. That's called democracy.

You can keep coming up with more laws, restricting donating, fundraising for campaigns and stuff like this, or you can change the way people get elected. Maybe a pure democracy isn't the best, maybe it's worse than even a monarchy.

Aratus
10-09-2010, 11:32 AM

i do presume there is no scientific "smart pill" that elevates total or social I.Q points on the market at all!!!

a wiser suggestion is for people to read newspapers, take books out from the local library, surf the net,

talk to campaign workers or attend a rally or two, or even go back to an 1800s guestimate via a handshake!

Stary Hickory
10-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Should something like this even be illegal? How is it considered fraud? Anyone fulfilling the requirements can run for office....it doesn't matter who's supporting them. If the democrats plant someone running as a tea party candidate, and people vote for him, that's just stupid people voting. That's called democracy.

You can keep coming up with more laws, restricting donating, fundraising for campaigns and stuff like this, or you can change the way people get elected. Maybe a pure democracy isn't the best, maybe it's worse than even a monarchy.

Well I don't know how Democracy can survive when political opposition plants fake opponents to deceive voters. It certainly seems abusive, but in this case it backfired...maybe that will be a solution in of itself. As long as people are paying attention to it I suppose.

Legend1104
10-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Well I don't know how Democracy can survive when political opposition plants fake opponents to deceive voters. It certainly seems abusive, but in this case it backfired...maybe that will be a solution in of itself. As long as people are paying attention to it I suppose.

well if these politicans were truely scrutinized like they should be, then even the regular hacks would start being exposed. Imagine if you had real debates for change that were based of philosophy and ideas rather than, "You had an illegal maid," and "You said you lowered taxes by .01% but you really raised it by .03%."

HOLLYWOOD
10-09-2010, 02:02 PM

Political seats need to be like Jury Duty - random service duty... but all of this, shows, if you don't abide to the US Constitution's writings... the whole country is open to corruption from every angle.

Now back to confirmation by George Carlin... "Forget the politicians, they're there to give you the impression you have choice... YOU DON'T!"

libertarian4321
10-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Runyan, meanwhile, has expressed outrage, claiming Adler falsely tried to link him with Republicans who want to privatize social security. He also filed charges accusing an Adler campaign volunteer of harassing his 8-year-old daughter while she played outside Runyan's home.

That is one brave or crazy campaign volunteer.

Runyan is a 6'7", 330-lb recently retired football player.