PDA

View Full Version : Local paper misrepresents Rand Paul's position on term limits.

thomas-in-ky
10-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Unfortunately, the paper that ran this (biased) article has a decent circulation in North Eastern Ky.

...Much of the rally revolved around a speech designed to encourage anticipated responses of applause from the staunch crowd of Democrats, often resembling a coach’s pregame pep talk. State Sen. Walter “Doc” Blevins earned a roar of applause from the crowd when he mention [sic] Rand Paul’s opposition to term limits, saying “Don’t elect him — that’s the best term limit for Rand Paul!”
(continues)

http://dailyindependent.com/local/x1644185947/Conway-rallies-forces-for-final-push

My email to the reporter and the editors...

Dear Mr. Preston,

We enjoy reading the Daily Independent here in ______ County. I am writing to let you know that the Oct. 8th article entitled "Conway Rallies Forces for Final Push" mischaracterizes Rand Paul's position on term limits. Rand Paul supports term limits whereas Jack Conway is opposed to term limits. (In fact, the issue of term limits was central to Dr. Paul's campaign platform during the primary and put him at odds with Republican leadership in the senate.) The following clip has video of both Conway and Paul stating, in their own words, their respective positions on term limits. ht tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uIdOVFRxno (YouTube - Term Limits: Rand Paul vs Jack Conway)

Thank you,

sailingaway
10-08-2010, 01:51 PM
I am absolutely disgusted by the way media seems to rely on knowing that once it is 'out there' no correction will catch all the spin offs of stuff printed that isn't true.

Candidates aren't supposed to be running against the press, but against their opponents. Who wants to buy news that is a lie?