PDA

View Full Version : In Defense of Rachel Maddow.

freshjiva
10-08-2010, 11:56 AM
We all know Rachel Maddow is a leftist and opposes any movement towards lower taxes, free markets, and ending government welfare and redistribution of wealth.

No matter how much we disagree with her on these critical domestic issues, in my honest opinion, she is an honest journalist, at least when it comes to Ron Paul.

One thing I have noticed is that whenever she has Ron on, she allows him to speak his mind and NEVER interrupts. She treats him with nothing but respect.

Disagree with you all you will, but she treats Ron Paul with fairness and respect.

YouTube - Ron Paul on Rachel Maddow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uby-KdBqsGE)

YouTube - Ron Paul On Rachel Maddow Feb 09, 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqWj7SOrsoo)

AuH20
10-08-2010, 12:00 PM
respect..... until he wins the GOP primary. ;)

lester1/2jr
10-08-2010, 12:04 PM
I think lke a lot of liberals she doesn't understand what the election is about. it is really just abuot 100% a referendum on govt spending as a way to stimulat the econoym and people aren't buying it.

These things they do about the tea party this guy said that 10 years ago, no one cares. in her defense, FOX does this too towards dems.

JK/SEA
10-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Maddow is a snake. She will do the same thing to Ron that she did to Rand when the time is right.

Remember how she treated Rand in earlier interviews before the hatchet job?...she was like the sweetest little thing. All gushy and nice...then WHAMO!...FUCK MADCOW. She's in bed with the Beck brainwash strategy.

TheDriver
10-08-2010, 12:09 PM
She toasted Rand Paul last night on a bunch of BS! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/ns/msnbc_tv-rachel_maddow_show/#39566345

This video clearly shows she could have done it to his opponent.

She's a hack!

YouTube - Rachel Maddow Skewers Jack Conway! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj0YS9RS3Lk)

HOLLYWOOD
10-08-2010, 12:12 PM
You have to also take into account the forces behind Ron Paul are strong... Rachel doesn't want any backlash.

I think she's had a taste of it in the past, and it's hard for her to defend "Their Agenda" against RP... plus, the educated and motivated supporters are not the groups you want after/against you.

Maddow is smart enough to know, to stay out of creating a firefight with RP... she has commented numerous times on RP supporters recognizing our organizations and coordinations.

TheDriver
10-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Face it...

The network has used Ron Paul (and Rand early on and others) to bust GOPers' asses!

They didn't think we were a serious threat and used us against conservatives!

klamath
10-08-2010, 12:16 PM
As long as RP is attacking republicans Madow will use him. If he becomes the leader of the republican party no holds will be bared with her. When rand became a threat and said some very mild compared to things has said RP, she skewered him. Remember what she got Rand on wasn't his less than solid stand on antiwar it was something RP has said for years about CRA.

Ekrub
10-08-2010, 12:19 PM
She agrees with the Ron Paul when he the dissenting voice in the Republican party. If he got the Republican nomination for president, you would be a fool to think that she would treat him as fairly.

posted this in the other topic, and people have said the same in this topic as well. Face it, Maddow is not fair like you think she is. She ask questions that need a long detailed response, and gives the responder an option: yes or no. This is not fair at all. That guy called her on her shit.

AuH20
10-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Ron Paul is a cute little man with cute little ideas............................................. .........
until those cute little ideas start to infect the hollow vessel known as the Republican Party. ;):D Now we can't have that.

tjeffersonsghost
10-08-2010, 12:28 PM
quit lumping Rand and Ron together. They are not the same person and the sure as hell dont have the same ideology at least from what Rand says publicly

ChaosControl
10-08-2010, 12:31 PM
she is an honest journalist,
No, she isn't.

jazzloversinc
10-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Rachael Maddow is a communist, dishonest, a shill, and the enemy of liberty. She only was decent to Ron Paul because he was slamming bush and the republicans.

Ekrub
10-08-2010, 12:44 PM
quit lumping Rand and Ron together. They are not the same person and the sure as hell dont have the same ideology at least from what Rand says publicly

He changed his tone after the Maddow show. You can't be elected with a pure libertarian ideology, because unlike neo-conservatives and liberals, libertarian philosophy can't be shortened to 30-second clips. I'd be willing to bet his voting record is 99% consistent with his fathers.

RM918
10-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Face it...

The network has used Ron Paul (and Rand early on and others) to bust GOPers' asses!

They didn't think we were a serious threat and used us against conservatives!

Exactly. The moment Ron constitutes a threat to her beloved Democratic Party's ambitions, everything will go out the window and up will come the racism accusations.

Bruno
10-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Boo to thread title :p

teacherone
10-08-2010, 01:14 PM
having only seen the rand and the art-scientist-hormesis-dude's interview i have to disagree with the "honest journalist" part of your op.

she is neither.

she clearly has no interest in discussing the issues that candidates' constituents face- but rather to smear and entrap them into incriminating themselves in order to destroy their chances and benefit her "team."

Bruno
10-08-2010, 01:16 PM
having only seen the rand and the art-scientist-hormesis-dude's interview i have to disagree with the "honest journalist" part of your op.

she is neither.

she clearly has no interest in discussing the issues that candidates' constituents face- but rather to smear and entrap them into incriminating themselves in order to destroy their chances and benefit her "team."

she kept going back to it over and over and over again. "I'm just trying to get to know you."

B.S.!!!

Scipio
10-08-2010, 01:23 PM
I've been a Liberal all my life, and until 2008 I considered myself "Green Partty" and I used to be a fan of Rachel.

I was a regular listener on Air America radio where she got her start as the intern on the Chuck D and Liz Winstead show, (like all "Celebrity" air america hosts Liz Winstead and Chuck D could never be counted on to SHOW UP FOR WORK) so Rachel got more and more time on air...and sooner than later they just gave her her own show and MSNBC follow very quickly after.

All you need to know about Rachel, Olberman and Matthews they told you in 2008 when Obama was running for president. They carried his water, they kept his C.I.A connections a secret.

DESPITE Obama saying he wasn't for single-payer-healthcare OR an end-to-the-wars the MSNBC Liberal Brigade made excuses, convinced me Obama was only playing politics and really wanted change.

Then the election ended and suddenly I watched all these ppl I THOUGHT were my ideological allies for Peace suddenly just 100% pull a 180 and BECOME the establishment. Now they're pro-war, pro-patriot-act, pro-government-encroachment and anyone who disagrees is now some sort of "racist".

The point is, watch ALL "news" commentators CLOSELY. When they're telling you what you want to hear it's very easy to be taken in, but all of them, Left or Right, serves the same mainstream master. And that master wants NOTHING to do with any of us, any of the Tea Party Candidates and especially wants NOTHING To do with Ron and Rand Paul.

Cowlesy
10-08-2010, 01:28 PM
I think she's terrible. She's a snippy, obnoxious neo-liberal just like Lawrence O'Donnell at 10pm, and Keith Olbermann at 8pm.

MS-NBC can play "Damned the torpedoes!" all the want in their heads, but ratings show that no one wants to listen to their obnoxious BS.

I actually was flipping by Lawrence O'Donnell last night when I saw he and some mildly mentally-disabled woman from The Nation trying to equivocate Lou Dobbs employing illegal aliens, with a Contractor that had a single illegal alien on staff that spent some time gardening at Dobbs' winter home in Florida.

Yeah, that show is going to last. :rolleyes:

JK/SEA
10-08-2010, 01:58 PM
I've been a Liberal all my life, and until 2008 I considered myself "Green Partty" and I used to be a fan of Rachel.

I was a regular listener on Air America radio where she got her start as the intern on the Chuck D and Liz Winstead show, (like all "Celebrity" air america hosts Liz Winstead and Chuck D could never be counted on to SHOW UP FOR WORK) so Rachel got more and more time on air...and sooner than later they just gave her her own show and MSNBC follow very quickly after.

All you need to know about Rachel, Olberman and Matthews they told you in 2008 when Obama was running for president. They carried his water, they kept his C.I.A connections a secret.

DESPITE Obama saying he wasn't for single-payer-healthcare OR an end-to-the-wars the MSNBC Liberal Brigade made excuses, convinced me Obama was only playing politics and really wanted change.

Then the election ended and suddenly I watched all these ppl I THOUGHT were my ideological allies for Peace suddenly just 100% pull a 180 and BECOME the establishment. Now they're pro-war, pro-patriot-act, pro-government-encroachment and anyone who disagrees is now some sort of "racist".

The point is, watch ALL "news" commentators CLOSELY. When they're telling you what you want to hear it's very easy to be taken in, but all of them, Left or Right, serves the same mainstream master. And that master wants NOTHING to do with any of us, any of the Tea Party Candidates and especially wants NOTHING To do with Ron and Rand Paul.

Welcome aboard ....looks like you have it pegged pretty well.