PDA

View Full Version : Should Rand Paul go on MSNBC after he wins?

Jeremy
10-08-2010, 08:45 AM
What do you think? I say yes.

ronaldo23
10-08-2010, 08:50 AM

I think so. Rand clearly has national ambitions, and will probably run for president in 2016, so it's important for him to break out of the tea-party only shell and prove he's not a divisive figure.

Fozz
10-08-2010, 08:51 AM
Yes.

sailingaway
10-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Not right at first. CNN, yes, then by and by MSNBC. I wouldn't do it in the first 24 hour media spree (except POSSIBLY with Matthews if he feels he really wants to). They skewered him, it was NOT fair because they knew the topic they were using to challenge small government would be spun as racism and know he isn't racist.

Eventually, sure, but let the people know who he IS first before trusting his image to MSNBCs agenda. And I'd go with Matthews, not Maddow. At least Matthews used to follow Goldwater and knows what he is talking about, even if he's decided he no longer agrees with the positions.

TheDriver
10-08-2010, 08:56 AM
No, why help their shitty ratings?

BamaFanNKy
10-08-2010, 09:03 AM
If he goes on.... I demand my own unedited entrance live in studio and it would look like this:
YouTube - Kenny Powers Is A Real American (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0TgUAm2mbY)

TheDriver
10-08-2010, 09:05 AM
If he goes on.... I demand my own unedited entrance live in studio and it would look like this:
YouTube - Kenny Powers Is A Real American (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0TgUAm2mbY)

Now, hell yes! If he goes on there and spikes the f@cking ball, I'm all in!

*buying fireworks and popcorn*

seeker4sho
10-08-2010, 09:12 AM

Hell no! Why would anyone who is leading in the polls put their election in jeopardy just to go on TV? If Rand goes on MSNBC before the election he is stupid and deserves to lose the election.

specsaregood
10-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Hell no! Why would anyone who is leading in the polls put their election in jeopardy just to go on TV? If Rand goes on MSNBC before the election he is stupid and deserves to lose the election.

Not to be harsh but....speaking of stupid, you should reread the question.

JoshLowry
10-08-2010, 09:17 AM

:D

jazzloversinc
10-08-2010, 09:30 AM
NO! they are the enemy!

TheDriver
10-08-2010, 09:32 AM
YouTube - Rachel Maddow Skewers Jack Conway! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj0YS9RS3Lk)

MRoCkEd
10-08-2010, 09:36 AM
I say absolutely. He should go on Maddow every week to debate her on the issues, without having to hold back due to electoral worries.

sailingaway
10-08-2010, 09:50 AM
YouTube - Rachel Maddow Skewers Jack Conway! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj0YS9RS3Lk)

except that is edited and the real one had her skewering Rand for doing less than Conway did. Rand just proofed an ad to make absolutely sure it was true in case he in one spot or other didn't say 'only for the younger, gradually applied' as he has said throughout the campaign. She is shilling for Jack and the Dems. All the 'we can discuss differences rationally' that previously applied went out the window.

After the election, and after Rand first defines himself for people on other networks, maybe he could speak to Matthews, and see how it goes. IMHO that would be the best way to handle it. Matthews when interviewing CONWAY seemed just a little skeptical, and I think Matthews wouldn't mischaractorize things knowingly the way Maddow does. He'd find something else to slam.

As an aside, on the medicare commercial issue, I think Rand should do at least an INTERNET ad of clips of his saying changes would be 'not for those currently on it' and words to that effect because there are many more of those caveats to show than Jack has of his clips. Possibly Rand missed saying that in one speech or another, but I bet not many since the campaign started. This has been his campaign position even back in the primary. Rand may not have gotten down to that level of detail in the '90s, long before he decided to run for Senate, and one of the clips Jack is showing is from back then, when Rand was just brainstorming as a pundit.

jazzloversinc
10-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Maddow is the enemy of liberty.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Screw Madcow and MS-DNC. Ron Paul shouldn't go on that channel neither when they want him on in 2011 to boost ratings.

TheDriver
10-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Jack is showing is from back then, when Rand was just brainstorming as a pundit.

Also, most of the discussions were at a time when ObamCare was being shoved down our throats and people wanted to hear different solutions. Rand offered one that would for sure work, but didn't really go into details.

How do you save a system that is going bankrupt?

1.Cut benefits or raise eligibility requirements
or
2. Ration services
or
3. Raise revenue (taxes)

(What else is there, the lame cut fraud and abuse?)

He also offered long term insurance policies as an alternative to nationalized health care.

TheDriver
10-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Maddow is the enemy of liberty.

+1776

She is obviously getting talking points from DNC or DSCC as well.

Face it...

The network has used Ron Paul (and Rand early on and others) to bust GOPers' asses!

They didn't think we were a serious threat and used us against conservatives!

specsaregood
10-08-2010, 10:02 AM

I'd like to think of it as spiking the ball, then doing a victory dance.
or....doing disco in their faces.

http://72.73.236.82/photos/discodance.gif

With that said, let's not count our chickens just yet.

seeker4sho
10-08-2010, 11:59 AM

Good point! Me bad :(

Danke
10-08-2010, 12:06 PM
No.

anaconda
10-08-2010, 02:17 PM
As long as he takes a page from the "Art Robinson Playbook."

S.Shorland
10-08-2010, 02:53 PM
She and her team will brainstorm for days to come up with ridiculous hypotheticals and steer the show toward them rather than debating earnestly,imo.If he does,he should wait for a few months.

acptulsa
10-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Why aid and abet an organization which has obviously and firmly declared itself to be the enemy? If I were him, I would go to any and all non-GE affiliates and hope I improved their ratings to the point where General Electric's media hobby drags it under.

TXcarlosTX
10-08-2010, 04:29 PM
YouTube - Cartman Screw you guys! I'm going home (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyQAwkjXZ2c)

Promontorium
10-09-2010, 10:58 AM
I do like the "in your face" attitude of going back to MSNBC, but I don't think it would be fitting. They intentionally painted him as racist, and never backed from that. When he wins they'll just allude that enough racists voted for him. No muy bueno. I think it would work better if he went to every news station but MSNBC, leaving them to either rehash, or use their competition's footage to continue to bash him.

BamaFanNKy
10-09-2010, 11:20 AM
I do like the "in your face" attitude of going back to MSNBC, but I don't think it would be fitting. They intentionally painted him as racist, and never backed from that. When he wins they'll just allude that enough racists voted for him. No muy bueno. I think it would work better if he went to every news station but MSNBC, leaving them to either rehash, or use their competition's footage to continue to bash him.

Well he could do a little less in your face and more like this "RAND PAUL IS BACK!":
YouTube - Kenny Powers is Back! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxWsyUp97rg)

Aratus
10-09-2010, 11:39 AM
msnbc + meet the press

JK/SEA
10-09-2010, 04:13 PM

this.

FreedomGuy
10-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Rand Paul should not go to MSNBC unless they correct his position on civil rights act for a whole day. Their corrections and redactions must run for a whole 24 hr period with deep apologies.

Only then he should go. Simply rushing to MSNBC after victory will not do anything to change marxist liberal minds.

What we need is the ownership of one of the major channels and put in our guys, our anchors with freedom message.