PDA

View Full Version : Be aware of a possible new tactic against RP.

klamath
10-18-2007, 12:50 PM
There has been rumors circulating that someone is investigating RP's military donations. I figured just let it die but I got thinking about it last night and realized we may have to be proactive on this. There is no doubt that the top military donations to RP is a horrible weak link to the neocons arguments for the war. You know. "Support the Troops. They are proudly serving to protect our country and freedom. They believe in this war because they see the good they are doing first hand, etc,etc, blah blah."
What I see coming is a little study to try and find some RP donations where people lied about their occupation and said they were military followed by a short cursory study of the other candidates. If all goes well and they play with the statistics they can come out with the shocking story of how RP's supporters are lying. Any time one of us mentions RP's top donations from military personnel they will shriek "Yeaw from phoney soldiers!" The link to this study will be imediately passed on to any neocon wavering.
Well I have a 6 inch stack of military papers next to me to prove I served twenty years and I did not list myself as retired military.
Keep an ear out and watch where this is coming from.

steph3n
10-18-2007, 12:54 PM
I hope they are doing it for all :D

the record are public, many of the donors are on APO addresses.

I welcome them to call me(non military) to verify my employment as well :) Then I can convert them to a Ron Paulite too!

NewEnd
10-18-2007, 09:12 PM
what can we do to pre-empt this attack?

ValidusCustodiae
10-18-2007, 09:17 PM
Is there anything much that we can do? Hopefully, and I'm being optimistic, this is just some genuine interest into this phenomenon and an attempt to affirm the results. That, or perhaps it was sparked by a Dr. Ron opponent who simply finds it difficult to believe that Ron Paul dominated the rest. We'll see.:rolleyes:

klamath
10-18-2007, 09:28 PM
If all the military donors are aware that this may be a possiblity when they receive calls they can ask for name, organization and call back number to verifiy if the caller is who they say they are. If something like this comes up be ready to question all facts and sources so we verify ourselves. Remember the old saying; "There are lies, damned lies and statistics".

Roxi
10-18-2007, 09:49 PM
we will just have to do a "soldiers for ron paul" video... ARAVOTH? we could ask ALL military RP supporters to send in their pics or vid clips about why they love ron paul... several thousand of them widely broadcast would diminish any of these "msm rumors"

ValidusCustodiae
10-18-2007, 09:54 PM
You have to be careful, or I should say, THEY have to be careful when it comes to what they say in public. This is especially true when it comes to political speech. I have a feeling that if any of them wanted to walk around waving Bush Cheney '08 end term limits sign they'd be allowed to. I had a military gentleman politely ask me to remove a Ron Paul sign another supporter had placed on a telephone pole in front of his house because he said that the MP's could arrest him for having it. The sign was actually a bumper sticker with cardboard backing, very small.

In other words, I doubt they could film themselves saying they support Ron Paul.

VETERANS ON THE OTHER HAND ....... :rolleyes: :D

kylejack
10-18-2007, 10:03 PM
I honestly don't know what to do about this. Some people know what I'm talking about.

klamath
10-18-2007, 10:03 PM
You have to be careful, or I should say, THEY have to be careful when it comes to what they say in public. This is especially true when it comes to political speech. I have a feeling that if any of them wanted to walk around waving Bush Cheney '08 end term limits sign they'd be allowed to. I had a military gentleman politely ask me to remove a Ron Paul sign another supporter had placed on a telephone pole in front of his house because he said that the MP's could arrest him for having it. The sign was actually a bumper sticker with cardboard backing, very small.

In other words, I doubt they could film themselves saying they support Ron Paul.

VETERANS ON THE OTHER HAND ....... :rolleyes: :D

Yep, they could get in trouble for that.

Retired Veterans on the other hand:D :D

Spirit of '76
10-18-2007, 10:08 PM
I sincerely hope no one was stupid enough to lie about it.

JaylieWoW
10-18-2007, 10:09 PM
As LewRockwell.com says... The Spitballs Have Already Begun to Fly (http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2007/10/the_fantasy_of_ron_pauls_milit.asp)

klamath
10-18-2007, 10:17 PM
As LewRockwell.com says... The Spitballs Have Already Begun to Fly (http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2007/10/the_fantasy_of_ron_pauls_milit.asp)

Yeaw I knew it was coming but it sure doesn't explain how none of the other candidates are getting much.

steph3n
10-18-2007, 10:19 PM
so now they are dissing veterans? :D