View Full Version : RP flier I made...

KevinR
10-07-2010, 11:54 PM
*Updated*

Target Audience: Stewart/Colbert Rallies

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5069/ronpaulu.jpg

Scott Wilson
10-09-2010, 04:35 AM
I think it is good but I would get rid of the "revolution" logo.

The primary purpose of a flier is for propaganda purposes and by using the term "revolution" you are unnecessarily marginalising the message from the outset.

JeremyDahl
10-09-2010, 08:58 AM
great work!!!!

don't use the quote at the bottom, it attaches negativity, puts the entire message in the wrong response box

you only talk negative about opponents or positivity about yourself for pursuasion

wormyguy
10-09-2010, 09:58 AM
I like the quote at the bottom. Agreed that the "revolution" quote should be removed, unless you're giving it out on a college campus. If you are, you should remove the section about borders and immigration and include praise from left-wing figures as well (i.e. Bill Maher, Ralph Nader, etc).

JeremyDahl
10-09-2010, 01:08 PM
I like the quote at the bottom. Agreed that the "revolution" quote should be removed, unless you're giving it out on a college campus. If you are, you should remove the section about borders and immigration and include praise from left-wing figures as well (i.e. Bill Maher, Ralph Nader, etc).

Should Ron be self depreciating in his own literature?

low preference guy
10-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Should Ron be self depreciating in his own literature?

no

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-09-2010, 03:10 PM
I disagree with the others. Sincerity and humbleness are traits that are attractive. While it is generally a good idea to only talk about yourself positively, I fail to see how acknowledging you are a human being is a negative. It gravely contrasts with the Know-it-alls run your life forevers in DC and in every State Capital in this country. So, KEEP IT.

Besides....isn't that quote a Christian one? Would go well with a Christian crowd wouldn't it?

ItsTime
10-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Some of those issues will not win the GOP nomination.

Jeremy
10-09-2010, 03:43 PM
i would get rid of the two Revolutions at the top.

looks pretty good otherwise

edit:

move end the wars to the bottom and maybe call it something else

this is a republican primary after all

JeremyDahl
10-09-2010, 06:23 PM
I am glad we don't all just blanket agree, and the grassroots will do many many things different from one another, but your literature needs to be as persuasive as possible, you are trying to "sell" Ron...

You cannot aptly show humility in text or copy. Only Ron can show that.

Is it humility if you flaunt it anyways???

I think a picture of Ron with his family is 1000 x's more effective than a self depreciating quote.

JeremyDahl
10-09-2010, 06:24 PM
"end the wars" = Constitutional defense, strong national defense,

ItsTime
10-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Who is your target audience with the flier?

This would be a great flier AFTER he wins the GOP nom. But half the flier the GOP neo-cons disagree with. And sadly, they are the ones we need to win over.

KevinR
10-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Please post quotes if you have any (such as endorcements). This is for the colbert/stewart rally so mostly college age kids... Also, I'm printing in b&w so I can't add pictures. Thanks for the comments so far, I removed the revolutions, but don't really like the end the wars renaming...

wormyguy
10-09-2010, 09:54 PM
You're giving it out at the Stewart rally?

Keep the "revolutions," get rid of the "secure borders" part (but no other), include only praise from left-wingers, maybe with the Reagan quote at the end to be "ironic."

KevinR
10-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Updated!

low preference guy
10-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Updated!

i liked the other one better.

this one has a big block of text, which can discourage people from reading. in contrast, the other one was divided into sections, so if someone wanted to know RP's position on marijuana, he could just go and read that part.

low preference guy
10-11-2010, 12:24 AM
*Updated*

Target Audience: Stewart/Colbert Rallies

+rep for activism