PDA

View Full Version : [RANT!] the copy and paste brigade

steph3n
10-18-2007, 12:07 PM
I go to news sites all over for a long time, many of the Ron Paul comments are simply a copy and paste, many times multiple people posting the same thing.

Please everyone, if you do not have a comment of any substance, STOP and write something with substance before posting.

tekkierich
10-18-2007, 12:10 PM
I agree. My complaint is the e-mail forwarders. Many people have turned off e-mail notifications in my meetup groups due to the high volume of mail that is generated daily.

People need to keep their communications concise and to the point.

American
10-18-2007, 12:10 PM
What?

Do you have an example of what you mean. I dont get it, if you see something twice thats a problem and on different web sites, which means different readers?

I dont get it.

Not everyone follows the RP campaign like we do. The already RP supporters, I would think are trying to get the message to new readers. Its not about you in other words.

steph3n
10-18-2007, 12:11 PM
What?

Do you have an example of what you mean. I dont get it, if you see something twice thats a problem and on different web sites, which means different readers?

I dont get it.

Check most any news site about Brownback dropping out, it will have 2-4 comments by different users that say the EXACT thing, various copy and pastes from this:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/fundraising

BTW you edited after I quoted.
What i am talking about is pure comment spam.

Others will have this multiple times on the same article's comments:
Brief Overview of Congressman Paul’s Record:

He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

Congressman Paul introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year, probably more than any single member of Congress.

This is all fine and dandy if done ONCE by ONE user, but adding it more doesn't help at all.

ronpaulitician
10-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Agree with OP.