PDA

View Full Version : SA@TAC - Can't Blame the American Idle

JacobG18
10-07-2010, 09:49 AM
YouTube - SA@TAC - Can't Blame the American Idle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zqDC5D0-Pg&feature=sub)

Original_Intent
10-07-2010, 09:58 AM
But most of us here on RPFs ARE the nutjobs, then! :eek:

Great SA as always.

Romulus
10-07-2010, 10:40 AM
*applause*

Cowlesy
10-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Great stuff once again from the Southern Avenger!

Matt Collins
10-07-2010, 10:53 AM
The second half was great, the first half not so much. I think that people's apathy is why the country is in the situation that it's in. I tend to agree with Boortz in that regard, but also with Jack in that the two party system is broken.

Romulus
10-07-2010, 11:08 AM
I think his point is that, even if there was a lot more interest in politics, it does not = different or better.

The people in Govt are a direct reflection of the people. Involved or not is not the issue. Its quality, not quantity.

torchbearer
10-07-2010, 11:14 AM
The second half was great, the first half not so much. I think that people's apathy is why the country is in the situation that it's in. I tend to agree with Boortz in that regard, but also with Jack in that the two party system is broken.

the party system in general nullifies the checks and balances of the federal government.
it was intended that each branch would police the others powers. BUt with parties, the branches end up working together to increase each others powers.

Brian4Liberty
10-07-2010, 11:54 AM
An interesting sports analogy. But as Jack said about politics, people will disown family members based on votes, which differs from sports. Most voters are like fair weather sports fans: they know when "their" team is in the playoffs. They don't know most of the players, they don't know most of the rules or how they are implemented, they know none of the history, they don't know anything about any other teams. Similar to general lack of knowledge on political issues, candidates and their backgrounds.

A hypothesis on the difference in lasting "emotion" in politics vs. sports: Politics indirectly effects people's lives after the election, although that effect is not always obvious. Perhaps more important is how the media and candidates emphasize emotional and polarizing issues, where there is no compromise, no in-between, no reasoning allowed. People become mindless partisans, where those who disagree are necessarily evil. And even better for the establishment, those polarizing issues are mostly red herrings; meaningless in real terms to the power elite. Unlike the old saying "easier said than done", manipulating the emotions of the masses may be the opposite: easier done than said.

Vessol
10-07-2010, 12:27 PM
I couldn't agree more.

Education > Politics anyways.