PDA

View Full Version : Colbert Report interviews Ron Paul about raw milk

Knightskye
10-06-2010, 09:42 PM
They also showed clips of him at CPAC.

"There is only one kind of liberty, individual liberty."

"Government is the enemy of liberty."

He was doing a segment about the "nanny state." And he talked about the dangers of raw milk.

Ron Paul on the Colbert Report 10/06/10 on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/15619922)

Depressed Liberator
10-06-2010, 09:43 PM
He had a small interview with him. Although it was advocating for the FDA to keep raw milk illegal and whatnot, they made a point to show Paul saying along the lines of, "In a free state, people are allowed to do stupid things."

CaseyJones
10-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Just saw this :mad:

BenIsForRon
10-07-2010, 04:15 AM
Although it was advocating for the FDA to keep raw milk illegal and whatnot,

I don't think that's what they were going for. I think they were showing that the FDA definitely goes overboard sometimes.

RforRevolution
10-07-2010, 04:48 AM
That was definitely a mixed segment. They had the video of the police with guns drawn raiding the place for milk and in the corner it says "THIS REALLY HAPPENED" and "GOOGLE IT." I'm not sure if they were trying to mock Dr.Paul or not, but one thing is for sure the FDA guy was a complete moron. They tried to make him look sane, but towards the end he says "Individuals are stupid." when asked about an individuals right to put whatever they want in their body.

http://www.colbertnation.com/home

Kludge
10-07-2010, 05:21 AM
lol... pasteurization without representation.

If you take Colbert (the "real" Colbert) seriously, then it was definitely a hit piece on raw milk.

If you take it like it is - a comedy show, it's a pretty absurd and funny segment which had absolutely no sway on my feelings toward raw milk.

BamaAla
10-07-2010, 05:42 AM
It looked as if though the intent was to convey that government is good and Ron Paul and those hippies at the organic store are idiots.

Its funny how people like Colbert (modern liberals) pick an choose where we have liberty. The FDA doctor says raw milk is horrible, so it must be and RP is an idiot for advocating it. Let some doctor say that abortion or marijuana takes a horrible toll on a body and they would either ignore or discredit.

LibertyVox
10-07-2010, 05:43 AM
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/361307/october-06-2010/rawesome-foods-raid

maqsur
10-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Funny segment dealing with raw milk, and the government's actions against the use thereof.

Featured Ron Paul giving his take on the subject.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/361307/october-06-2010/rawesome-foods-raid?xrs=share_copy

robertwerden
10-07-2010, 11:53 AM
They were making fun of people who choose to drink raw milk because they feel it might be dangerous, yet when it comes to pot Colbert and all the other liberals are all for it and they use the reasoning that it is their body and they can put what ever they want in it. That type of hypocritical reporting makes me so angry.

GunnyFreedom
10-07-2010, 11:56 AM
"Pasteurization without representation" lol I dam near fell out my chair :D

GunnyFreedom
10-07-2010, 11:58 AM
They were making fun of people who choose to drink raw milk because they feel it might be dangerous, yet when it comes to pot Colbert and all the other liberals are all for it and they use the reasoning that it is their body and they can put what ever they want in it. That type of hypocritical reporting makes me so angry.

I saw the digs, but I didn't take it as a hit piece. They were just trying to balance that guy saying "Individuals are stupid." If it was against anything it was against the enforcement. They should have picked a better testimonial than 'vibrations' though... come on, really?

LibertyVox
10-07-2010, 12:00 PM
ROn Paul can't come across as annoying or goofy even if he tried including the media doctoring.

Yieu
10-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Raw milk is the best, it tastes completely different... it's a different experience, and it's delicious. Sometimes little bits of cream float at the top of the glass. I haven't had it without it being boiled first, though. It's best served (very) hot with some spices like cinnamon, sugar, and cardamom, etc., but then so is regular milk.

I don't understand why anyone would want to prevent people from drinking raw milk. It's a tradition, it's how it used to always be. And it's healthy.

That part was hilarious... I hope he uses it again in his 2012 run. I know he brought it up a few times on the 2008 campaign trail. At a speech, he mentioned wanting to legalize marijuana, and people cheered loudly. Then he mentioned the not as well known idea of legalizing raw milk, and the crowd was quieter but I cheered loudly for it.

Knightskye
10-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Added video to main post.

jclay2
10-07-2010, 02:16 PM
I don't like colbert. Sure he is "just a comedian", but who came out looking like the more sane and clear voice from that interview?

ChaosControl
10-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Nothing is wrong with raw milk.

Worse to get the highly processed non-organic junk from the store.
Raw Grass Fed Organic Milk is better.

RonPaulwillWin
10-07-2010, 02:29 PM
lol... pasteurization without representation.

If you take Colbert (the "real" Colbert) seriously, then it was definitely a hit piece on raw milk.

If you take it like it is - a comedy show, it's a pretty absurd and funny segment which had absolutely no sway on my feelings toward raw milk.

Exactly.

dantheman
10-08-2010, 08:03 AM
Guys, it's a comedy show. And one of the only funny ones out there right now.

I loved this segment. Ron Paul was awesome and hilarious. The FDA guy even said individuals are idiots...which is exactly the point Ron Paul was trying to make: The FDA doesn't want people to make decisions for themselves.

I don't know about y'all, but I love Colbert and Stewart.

Knightskye
10-08-2010, 01:24 PM

I want to know if he came up with that himself.

EndDaFed
10-08-2010, 02:25 PM
The Daily Show and the Colbert Report are well know for conducting 2 hour long interviews then editing them down to make their victims look silly.

Knightskye
10-08-2010, 02:42 PM
The Daily Show and the Colbert Report are well know for conducting 2 hour long interviews then editing them down to make their victims look silly.

I don't know about "two-hour long," but yeah, I'm sure Paul said more, and they edited it down. In the video, that guy with the long hair -- there wasn't a reason to include that in the video. That gives it away.