PDA

View Full Version : COOL EVENT IN THE MIDWEST: Lawrence Reed Breakfast Reception for Justin Amash

biles1234
10-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Really cool event for those of us in the Midwest. Justin Amash is hosting Lawrence Reed, a hero of Austrian economics and free market causes, who will be speaking at a breakfast supporting Justin.

From Ron Paul:
During a 2003 address on the floor of the House of Representatives, Congressman Ron Paul paid tribute to Reed, acknowledging him as "one of America’s leading advocates for liberty", and remarked that Reed's writings "reflect his unswerving commitment to limited government and the free market as the best way to promote human happiness."

From Wikipedia:
An advocate for free market solutions to national and global issues, Reed has authored over 1,000 newspaper columns and articles, 200 radio commentaries, as well as dozens of articles in magazines and journals in the United States and abroad.[5] His articles have appeared in The Wall Street Journal, Christian Science Monitor, Baltimore Sun, Detroit News, Detroit Free Press and USA Today, among numerous others.[6][7]

And from Justin Amash, himself:
I am very excited to announce this special event! Lawrence W. Reed is one of the most prominent leaders in the personal liberty and free market movements. He is currently the president of the Foundation for Economic Education, and I'm sure many Michigan residents will remember him as past president of the Mackinac Center for Public Policy. You can read his impressive bio here: http://fee.org/people/lawrence-w-reed/.

Mr. Reed will be coming to Grand Rapids as the featured speaker at a breakfast reception supporting my campaign for Congress. We'll meet from 8:00 - 9:30 a.m. in the Emerald Room at the Amway Grand Plaza hotel. The suggested contribution is $50/person. You may RSVP via this Facebook event, or contact my campaign at rsvp@justinamash.com or (616) 719-1935.

I have followed Mr. Reed's work for many years, and his publications at the Mackinac Center were one of the major reasons why I decided to run for public office. He is one of my heroes, so it's an honor to have him support my campaign and a thrill to have him come to Grand Rapids to meet my supporters!

To fellow liberty lovers, this is a can't-miss event. I really hope you can join us to learn more about the issues we all care about and hear from one of our most impressive leaders.

RSVP below, everyone!
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=153533911347485