PDA

View Full Version : I might believe in Government or authority because

Live_Free_Or_Die
10-06-2010, 04:09 PM
experiment in thought...

Danke
10-06-2010, 04:13 PM
"ass beat" sounds physical.

They beat most of us up psychologically.

Live_Free_Or_Die
10-06-2010, 04:22 PM
"ass beat" sounds physical.

They beat most of us up psychologically.

I think the focus of my thought experiment thread was provoking some reflection on ones early encounter(s) with authority.

oyarde
10-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Reading those two questions cracked me up . Poll needs more choices .

Seraphim
10-06-2010, 04:33 PM
I put the first one in for shits and giggles.

Really though. I got gang beaten 2 years ago. We got attacked (these guys had stabbings priors etc) I took the biggest guy down very quickly and choked him out. He begged and said the fight was over. So I did not further kill his brains cells. Well lets say I then found myself getting kicked in the face and watching my "friend" running like a fairy. I learned my lesson: Next time I crack the mother fuckers head off the grounf so hard he can't think let alone get up and punch in the face. I learned that when animals attack, you incapacitate them (temporarily) to protect yourself.

Live_Free_Or_Die
10-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Reading those two questions cracked me up.

:D

Poll needs more choices .

taking into consideration the context of the poll, any suggestions?

This would probably make a good inclusion:

Did you answer the above based on what you believe now or then?

torchbearer
10-06-2010, 04:39 PM
not listed:
"because i believe a free people can join into association with one another, form a pact amongst themselves, and be held to that pact by an elected arbiter.

Working Poor
10-06-2010, 06:13 PM
every since I was born I fought authority tooth and nail.

oyarde
10-06-2010, 06:44 PM
:D

taking into consideration the context of the poll, any suggestions?

This would probably make a good inclusion:

Did you answer the above based on what you believe now or then?

I support the Federal govt. to the extent of only what is in the Constitution.

RM918
10-06-2010, 06:46 PM
I've never had the pleasure of being physically assaulted by anyone, so I can't vote in this poll.

Live_Free_Or_Die
10-06-2010, 06:52 PM
I've never had the pleasure of being physically assaulted by anyone, so I can't vote in this poll.

How did your parents discipline you? I have heard of parents that do not spank their kids and it sounds like yours didn't. I am just curious what worked?

torchbearer
10-06-2010, 06:53 PM

need help qualifying? i'd really hate to see someone denied a chance to vote. :D

Kylie
10-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Is this concerning family or the State?

For family, it was for my own good. From a young age I was taught, by trustworthy people, that what they said was for my own good. And it almost worked :D

For the state, I'm a good girl. So I do not cross paths with them often. As little as possible.