PDA

View Full Version : Christine O'Donnell's new ad looks pretty effective

Todd
10-06-2010, 02:20 PM
This is short simple and works the grassroots angle effectively to me. Food for thought.

YouTube - Christine O'Donnell ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxJyPsmEask)

specsaregood
10-06-2010, 02:24 PM
LOL, I dunno I think most people would "sell out".
Edit: So saying, "I'll do what you would do".....well it doesn't say much to me. I hope she pulls off the upset though.

klamath
10-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Well if Coons and her are both the same politically and it makes no difference politically who would you rather see on the evening news if one of them is going to be elected anyway:D

Todd
10-06-2010, 02:46 PM
LOL, I dunno I think most people would "sell out".
Edit: So saying, "I'll do what you would do".....well it doesn't say much to me. I hope she pulls off the upset though.

Well.. It probably won't have much effect on people of this site, but using a tv spot to speak directly to disenfranchised average voters who are pissed, might be the ticket. I couldn't help think of Paul using this format to his advantage. It's personal.

nate895
10-06-2010, 02:56 PM
She is using her primary advantage pretty effectively: She's hot and he's not.

lester1/2jr
10-06-2010, 04:00 PM
I don't like the I'm you thing

sratiug
10-06-2010, 04:08 PM
I don't like the I'm you thing

It's an evil witch spell, probably...

Cowlesy
10-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Honestly this made me harken back to, "He's catchin' on. I'm tellin' ya."

georgiaboy
10-06-2010, 04:13 PM
It's an evil witch spell, probably...

I really like the personal nature of the ad, but when she started with "and I'm you", I thought I was in a Harry Potter movie being wizarded.

Drop the "I'm you" and it works powerfully.

I also really like the "I'd do what you'd do" line.

Stary Hickory
10-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Yeah that is a good ad, I hope she wins she could definitely throw a monkey wrench in big government.

Fozz
10-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Honestly this made me harken back to, "He's catchin' on. I'm tellin' ya."

Same here.

klamath
10-06-2010, 06:14 PM
After reviewing that ad again I would say it is highly effective. After all the nutty stuff started coming out about her I just wrote her off as someone running in a race I had no horse in. This ad definately made me think better of her in other words it was effective. I played it for the rest of my family who have following the nuttyness of this race and they all thought it was a great ad. They are not supporters of her either.

libertyfan101
10-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Horrible ad. "I'm not a witch"?!?!?!

Anytime you have to start a campaign ad with "I'm not a witch" you're in serious trouble. Not only that but she's telling us that she's not a witch. While she's wearing black with a black background. You think someone would have told her this was a bad idea. This ad was a terrible idea and quite frankly a laughing stock. She has to be one of the worst candidates out there. So bad that's she's losing by 15 points to a freaking marxist.

The last thing we need to do is embrace an evangelical neo-con. Who wants the same big government she plays lip service against. To legislate her morality on the rest of us and our bedrooms. While supporting big government abroad with endless undeclared wars. She's a fake. And if this is the type of candidate the Tea Party wants in power. Then the Tea Party is just as full of shit as the other 2 parties.

If Hannity, Beck, Palin, Newt, Brown, O'Donnell and Fox News are the stars of the Tea Party. Then I want nothing to do with them at all.

Romulus
10-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Heh. Yes, it is pretty bad. Wearing all black, creepy piano lulaby music in the background. "I'm not a witch" WTF?? It was a pretty awkward.

If you're going to sell yourself as not being a witch, you might want to throw a little oh i dunno.. SUNLIGHT in there somewhere?

oyarde
10-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Heh. Yes, it is pretty bad. Wearing all black, creepy piano lulaby music in the background. "I'm not a witch" WTF?? It was a pretty awkward.

If you're going to sell yourself as not being a witch, you might want to throw a little oh i dunno.. SUNLIGHT in there somewhere?

Sunlight is a good idea , it will also scare the vampires away . :)

klamath
10-06-2010, 07:28 PM

Anytime you have to start a campaign ad with "I'm not a witch" you're in serious trouble. Not only that but she's telling us that she's not a witch. While she's wearing black with a black background. You think someone would have told her this was a bad idea. This ad was a terrible idea and quite frankly a laughing stock. She has to be one of the worst candidates out there. So bad that's she's losing by 15 points to a freaking marxist.

The last thing we need to do is embrace an evangelical neo-con. Who wants the same big government she plays lip service against. To legislate her morality on the rest of us and our bedrooms. While supporting big government abroad with endless undeclared wars. She's a fake. And if this is the type of candidate the Tea Party wants in power. Then the Tea Party is just as full of shit as the other 2 parties.

If Hannity, Beck, Palin, Newt, Brown, O'Donnell and Fox News are the stars of the Tea Party. Then I want nothing to do with them at all.
You are right, she is a horrible candidate and was running 15 points behind before this ad. There has been so many charges leveled against her that there is no way she could have answered them all. For a 30 second ad I think it was highly effective 30 seconds. I don't in any way think she can win but I think for the money that ad was just about as effective as one could be for someone being in her campaign position.

Imperial
10-06-2010, 07:39 PM

Anytime you have to start a campaign ad with "I'm not a witch" you're in serious trouble. Not only that but she's telling us that she's not a witch. While she's wearing black with a black background. You think someone would have told her this was a bad idea. This ad was a terrible idea and quite frankly a laughing stock.

Exactly. It would have been far better to NOT mention the whole witch thing. Especially when you are going for a serious ad like that (which by the way lacked any element of natural conversation, which is kinda what the ad seems to be shooting for).

Romulus
10-06-2010, 07:43 PM
This is like Barney Frank or Lindsay Grahm running an ad saying they aren't gay.

sync
10-06-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm Christine O'Donnel, and I'm you.

Well, if you're me, then that would mean that I'm you. And in that case I would stay home and look at my boobs, cuz I'm hot...:D

Knightskye
10-06-2010, 07:46 PM
She is freaking adorable. I think she could win with ads like this.

puppetmaster
i like it....funny how many thumbs down it has gotten

james1906

Yeah, she needs to play fetch with a dog or talk with some old people over a slice of pie, or some other cliche that works.

RonPaulCult
10-06-2010, 09:28 PM
You guys that like this ad are nuts haha. Who starts out a political ad by saying they are not a witch.

Hey - props to her for trying something new and out of the box - but that was a bad move.

specsaregood
10-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Who starts out a political ad by saying they are not a witch.

Uhm, I guess you missed all that stuff that came out about how she once dated a witch?
Look here: just ignore the stuff from today.
http://news.google.com/news/search?pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q=o'donnell+witch&cf=all&as_qdr=m&as_drrb=q

wormyguy
10-06-2010, 09:50 PM
No, you are not me.

HOLLYWOOD
10-06-2010, 10:22 PM
She needs to lose her "Freshman 15" and put some leather on, then crank "Runaway" by Jon Bovi.

Stary Hickory
10-06-2010, 10:49 PM
You guys that like this ad are nuts haha. Who starts out a political ad by saying they are not a witch.

Hey - props to her for trying something new and out of the box - but that was a bad move.

Probably someone who had a ridiculous accusation thrown on them by most of the leftist media in the country. I would wager that might get someone to say a line like that.

RonPaulwillWin
10-06-2010, 11:06 PM

Woahh, slow down cowboy. You don't have to start quoting Bill Maher. I'd cut off one of my nuts to get religion out of the tea party but it's not gonna happen. Lurk more, you just need to build a wee bit of tolerance. Trust me, there is too much at stake.

libertyfan101
10-06-2010, 11:46 PM
Woahh, slow down cowboy. You don't have to start quoting Bill Maher. I'd cut off one of my nuts to get religion out of the tea party but it's not gonna happen. Lurk more, you just need to build a wee bit of tolerance. Trust me, there is too much at stake.

Religion or not. We can't ignore the fact that O'Donnell is a neo-con that wants more undeclared wars. The Tea Party has become another arm of the GOP/Neo-Con party. Masquerading as small government conservatives while promoting big government wars and their own version of statism. I wish the tea party was more like it was when it was founded by Paul supporters and libertarians. But when I see Hannity, Beck and Palin as the self-appointed leaders of the tea party. Then I say this tea stinks.

KCIndy
10-07-2010, 12:00 AM
She should have used the whole "witch" controversy to poke fun at her opponents. If I had been making the commercial I would have had her in a cute-n-sexy witch outfit. With the wave of a wand she could turn her opponent into a toad (or maybe a raccoon?) :D Another wand wave and she could turn Pelosi into a bat. A third wave of the wand and she could turn a donkey into Harry Reid, then give an embarrassed giggle and say, "Oops! Got that one backward!" and turn Reid back into a donkey.

It's probably a good thing I'm not a campaign manager! :rolleyes:

daviddee
10-07-2010, 12:54 AM

Kludge
10-07-2010, 01:30 AM
Is she TRYING to alienate witches?! She basically just said they don't exist - WHAT A [W]ITCH!

anaconda
10-07-2010, 02:51 AM
So O'Donnell is a lazy couch potato?

Distinguished Gentleman
10-07-2010, 12:38 PM
So O'Donnell is a lazy couch potato?

If O'Donnell is me, then she would be very hypocritical on one stance she is known for. :rolleyes:

The best place to bring this up is here. I got an email from Christine O'Donnell asking for cash. It said I was subscribed. Anyone else? I ask because her donation link has "rpf" in it.

low preference guy
10-07-2010, 01:10 PM
If O'Donnell is me, then she would be very hypocritical on one stance she is known for. :rolleyes:

+rep

RonPaulwillWin
10-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Religion or not. We can't ignore the fact that O'Donnell is a neo-con that wants more undeclared wars. The Tea Party has become another arm of the GOP/Neo-Con party. Masquerading as small government conservatives while promoting big government wars and their own version of statism. I wish the tea party was more like it was when it was founded by Paul supporters and libertarians. But when I see Hannity, Beck and Palin as the self-appointed leaders of the tea party. Then I say this tea stinks.

Do you have any video proof of her neo-con foreign policy? I'd like to see it. If so, then we should burn this witch at the stake!!!

Todd
10-07-2010, 01:59 PM
This is like Barney Frank or Lindsay Grahm running an ad saying they aren't gay.

LOL!

I can glean that from it too.

MRoCkEd
10-07-2010, 02:07 PM
I thought it was creepy, personally. Especially the "I'm you" at the end.

Dary
10-07-2010, 02:13 PM
I just got an email from her. I wonder who sold/(shared?) my email address with her.

Brian4Liberty
10-07-2010, 02:18 PM

Did you see John Stewart say the same thing? "I am not a witch," filmed on Elvira's old set with scary mist in the back ground... ;) It's almost Halloween. She needed some Pumpkins in there too.

I just got an email from her. I wonder who sold/(shared?) my email address with her.

Same here.

jclay2
10-07-2010, 02:21 PM
She should have used the whole "witch" controversy to poke fun at her opponents. If I had been making the commercial I would have had her in a cute-n-sexy witch outfit. With the wave of a wand she could turn her opponent into a toad (or maybe a raccoon?) :D Another wand wave and she could turn Pelosi into a bat. A third wave of the wand and she could turn a donkey into Harry Reid, then give an embarrassed giggle and say, "Oops! Got that one backward!" and turn Reid back into a donkey.

That would have been hilarious.

Romulus
10-07-2010, 02:35 PM

Same here... I am wondering the same thing.

Bruno
10-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Same here... I am wondering the same thing.

Me, too!

Romulus
10-07-2010, 03:02 PM
I am going to guess C4L. Not that I really care much if they did.

Stary Hickory
10-07-2010, 03:10 PM
I have been getting hit with a lot of stuff at my email address. I really do not approve at all. Because C4L gives it out to some candidates and these candidates give it out to others, and after awhile you just get krap from all over.

lester1/2jr
10-07-2010, 04:26 PM
it was very effective..in convincing me she is probably as bad as liberals say

Kludge
10-08-2010, 01:01 AM
The O'Donnell spam was sent directly through Rand's email list, btw, not C4L's.

If you click the "unsubscribe" button in the O'Donnel email and finish the process, the confirmation email shows you've been taken off Rand Paul's e-newsletters.

tangent4ronpaul
10-08-2010, 09:13 AM

The seed of your idea is brilliant, but it falls apart from there. Yes, she is cute and sexy but she's never going to dress up like that. She's a total prude. Over the top religious right/pro-life - preaches abstinence, celibacy, is against condoms/birth control, etc. Out side of that - she's a great candidate!

She is also trying to re-focus on issues and get away from personal attacks. The core of your idea is personal attack and keeps her in the mud - buying nothing.

I reworked the seed of an idea, which I was also kinda mullin over and sent her campaign this:

-----------

Dear Christine O'donnell,

Your 19 points down in the polls and playing defense. That's exactly where the Dems want you. If you want to pull out of this you will need to do something over the top to refocus attention and get a ton of media attention.

Do you remember the MIAC and other “fusion center” reports stating that anyone that voted third party, people that believed strongly in the Constitution, returning soldiers, etc. were likely “domestic terrorists”? People responded with bumper stickers, T-Shirts, aprons, etc. mocking this. Things like “domestic terrorist on board” or “DHS thinks I'm a domestic terrorists because I believe in the Constitution”. This essentially diffuses the accusations while at the same time ridiculing the accusers.

Goals: diffuse accusations, re-focus on issues and off personal attacks, leave a positive and happy impression, make the antic go viral and get national news coverage by both left and right media outlets, print and TV.

Appear dressed in an over the top DISNEY style witch costume. No occult symbols at all anywhere in the ad.

“Hi Delaware, it's Halloween and Halloween is supposed to be about what scares us. There are a lot of things in Washington DC that scare me and should scare you too! I'd like you to send me there to fix / stop them. Things like:

Go on “rampage” “zapping” things (wand or lightning bolts from fingers or whatever) and converting them to something better, add a few words about each as you convert them.

Obamacare ==> free market health care w/ tort reform
Cap & tax ==> leave your paws off our wallets – no hidden taxes
High taxes, ==> lower taxes
Out of control spending ==> balanced budget and smaller gvmt
etc.

Present as just text if you have to, but graphics or acted out snippets would be better.

Send me to Washington so I can work my “magic” (do a double middle and index finger bow with both hands to indicate “quote” and inflect the word “magic” to make clear you don't mean witchcraft) in the Senate.

(take off on “but I did stay in a holiday inn last night” ad)
I'm Christine O'Donnell and I'm not a real witch, I just play one in campaign ads, but I did stay in my condo last night! Oh yeah, I endorse this ad.

Btw Bill – (pic of Bill Maher – basically guarantees he will broadcast it and should get other left media coverage) thanks for nothing! (zaps Bill Maher and turns him into a frog or toad)

Closing shot is a close up of a frog or toad going “ribbbbiiiittt”

Hope this helps and good luck to you!

-t

Brian4Liberty
10-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Yes, she is cute and sexy but she's never going to dress up like that. She's a total prude. Over the top religious right/pro-life - preaches abstinence, celibacy, is against condoms/birth control, etc.

Methinks Tangent has never dated an "over the top" religious girl. ;)

tangent4ronpaul
10-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Methinks Tangent has never dated an "over the top" religious girl. ;)

What don't I know?

-t