PDA

View Full Version : Affordable home defense firearms!

Liberty_Mike
10-06-2010, 11:26 AM
In this day in age, it is important all law abiding citizens arm themselves. With the current state of the economy, people may be holding back on purchasing a home defense weapon. There are affordable home defense weapons you can purchase on the market right now, even for those who are trying to cut expenses. I want to create a thread where the gun owners and experts at RP Forums can post their recommendations for affordable home defense weapons. Please share your ideas!

I will start. For cheap, I recommend the Maverick 88 shotgun. I own this gun. I bought it at Wal Mart for $175 about 6 months ago. You can find these guns at your local Wal Mart, or I am sure a local gun shop will put in a special order for you. However, I did have a problem with the trigger when I first bought it, and had to send it back to the Maverick to fix the problem. This made me somewhat skeptical, but they sent it back and everything works great. This gun can be purchased as a short barrel or long barrel. I own the long barrel, but have heard good things about the short barrel too.
Long Barrel - http://www.maverickarms.com/pages/88field.htm
Short Barrel - http://www.maverickarms.com/pages/88security.htm

rmodel65
10-06-2010, 02:36 PM
walmart here in my town has the 88 for 155$

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
10-06-2010, 02:40 PM
I should do a thread on buying firearms at auction.

Romulus
10-06-2010, 07:35 PM
I really like my Mossberg though.. has a nice feel. I know they make Maverick, so I wouldnt hesitate to pick up one of those too, for backup.

Liberty_Mike
10-06-2010, 10:52 PM
walmart here in my town has the 88 for 155$

No kidding?? That's a great deal! I'd recommend picking one up if I were you. Great gun everyone. If anyone is looking for a good firearm for under $200, I highly recommend this. It's American made too in case anyone cares...

Toureg89
10-07-2010, 08:49 AM
if you have a little more cash to pony up, and want a multipurpose gun (home defense, small-medium game hunting, shtf)

-Romanian WASR (350$-400$)
-10 AK mags (10-15$ each, 100-150$)
-1K rounds of ammo (250-300$)

and you have a decent "arsenal" for under 1K$

bruce leeroy
10-07-2010, 09:36 AM
I bought my maverick a couple years back for about $130 around xmas time
academy had em on sale

rmodel65
10-07-2010, 10:25 AM
No kidding?? That's a great deal! I'd recommend picking one up if I were you. Great gun everyone. If anyone is looking for a good firearm for under $200, I highly recommend this. It's American made too in case anyone cares...

i dont believe this is true...my 500 was made in the US and iirc the Maverick 88's are Hecho en Mexico