PDA

View Full Version : Joe Miller is Ambivalent about Palin for President; Angers Todd

AuH20
10-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Oh boy.

http://www.themudflats.net/2010/10/05/internal-email-suggests-palin-to-run-for-president/

Miller’s non-committal response that there were “a number of great candidates out there” for the job fell far short of a Palin endorsement, and seems to have roused the ire of Todd Palin who launched an angry email blasting Miller on behalf of his wife. Palin sent the email on the morning of the Cavuto interview to Tim Crawford, Joe Miller and the Palins’ personal attorney, Thomas Van Flein (who also serves as Miller’s attorney.) In the email, Todd Palin instructs SarahPAC treasurer Tim Crawford to “Hold off on any letter for Joe. Sarah put her ass on the line for Joe and yet he can’t answer a simple question “is Sarah Palin Qualified to be President”. I DON’T KNOW IF SHE IS.”

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Might I bring up Palin endorsing Rand....Can't question the Rand mythos here....

Sola_Fide
10-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Miller is on point.

The more I learn about him, the more I like.

South Park Fan
10-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Good for him to stand up to the Palin teaocons. Does Sarah seem to think that she is entitled to an endorsement simply for backing him?

low preference guy
10-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Might I bring up Palin endorsing Rand....Can't question the Rand mythos here....

i don't think people here regard Rand as a god-like figure. he's just a regular citizen whose presence will improve Washington.

Flash
10-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Wow, is Todd a maniac? Joe Miller isn't even in office yet, and Todd expects him to 100% back his wife for President? What if a dark horse like Ron Paul becomes viable and Senator Miller decides he is more ideologically closer to Ron? Palin and her family behave very immaturely.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-05-2010, 05:46 PM
i don't think people here regard Rand as a god-like figure. he's just a regular citizen whose presence will improve Washington.

Well I remember at the time when Palin endorsed Rand everyone was in a hoopla about how good it is, and when I pointed out she is going to take it as reciprocal they scoffed. I am just wondering if when the point comes if Rand is not going to be reciprocal and going further, show why Palin's ideology is dangerous to liberty and is completely contrary to liberty?

Palin is completely anti-free market. I suppose we will see how Rand handles this.

Kýrie eléison
10-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Joe Miller seems to be looking better everyday.

Interesting things I found out from this that people may or may not already know:

Like Michelle Obama is rumored to be with Obama, it is now essentially confirmed that Todd plays a big part in what Sarah does or doesn't do politically.
Pretty much confirmed now that Sarah will be running in 2012.

low preference guy
10-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Well I remember at the time when Palin endorsed Rand everyone was in a hoopla about how good it is, and when I pointed out she is going to take it as reciprocal they scoffed.

i don't think it really matters how she takes it because there isn't a contract or anything like that. do you really think Rand might support Palin over his father?

low preference guy
10-05-2010, 05:53 PM

Interesting things I found out from this that people may or may not already know:

Like Michelle Obama is rumored to be with Obama, it is now essentially confirmed that Todd plays a big part in what Sarah does or doesn't do politically.

Or maybe it's a strategy to make Miller look better in the eyes of independents?

*half kidding*

Kýrie eléison
10-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Or maybe it's a strategy to make Miller look better in the eyes of independents?

*half kidding*

Maybe, I am kind of surprised this got out after all, if this is true. And why do they have the same personal attorney? Just kind of weird.

akforme
10-05-2010, 06:26 PM

You have no credibility when you defend yourself in these situations, it's better to let others do the talking for you. Todd's a pawn, he's been out at his cabin most the summer.

But be careful about Joe, his hometown will be a ghost town without goverment and that will discourage him from too much. 85% of Fairbanks industry is government funded.

TC95
10-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Good for him to stand up to the Palin teaocons. Does Sarah seem to think that she is entitled to an endorsement simply for backing him?

Isn't that the way it works? You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

knarfxii
10-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Miller is on point.

The more I learn about him, the more I like.

I agree

Fr3shjive
10-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Is Miller pro-war?

nate895
10-05-2010, 06:54 PM

And spouses shouldn't?

I'd like a politician less if they didn't take into account the advice of their spouse.

MRoCkEd
10-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Is Miller pro-war?
He served in Iraq... said he supported it initially but didn't like how it went.
He opposes nation-building and says we are spread too thin.

So, he's at least better than the rest of the GOP in the senate.

Fozz
10-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Joe Miller NEEDS to win this election.

low preference guy
10-05-2010, 07:19 PM

Kýrie eléison
10-05-2010, 09:46 PM
And spouses shouldn't?

I'd like a politician less if they didn't take into account the advice of their spouse.

If you read my post, you'll notice that I never interjected any such personal opinion like that into my statement. Whether or not that's wrong had nothing to do with what I wrote. It was a mere observation.