PDA

View Full Version : Daily Caller: Ron Paul books trip to Iowa — but will he run for president in 2012?

Lucille
10-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Ron Paul books trip to Iowa — but will he run for president in 2012? (http://dailycaller.com/2010/10/05/ron-paul-books-trip-to-iowa-%E2%80%94-but-will-he-run-for-president-in-2012/)

But 2012 is certainly on Paul’s mind. As for what it would take to get him to run, Paul has maintained that he’d be more likely to run if the economy is still in shambles and troops are still bogged down in Afghanistan.

Count on it.

Bruno
10-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Seating for 1,100? They're going to need a bigger room. :)

“I suspect the economic crisis is going to get a lot worse,” he told TheDC. “If it is, than the country becomes even more open to free-market alternatives. And I think that is going to stir my interest.”

Epic
10-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Guys, it's pretty clear he's running...

Bruno
10-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Here's some more appearances in Iowa coming up:

Friends of Freedom:

The following Press Release went public late yesterday, and I wanted you to be the first to be personally notified. In our quest for LESS GOVERNMENT...NOT MORE here in Iowa, we have secured the assistance of Dr. Paul on behalf of six candidates we talked to you about earlier, who we believe are serious about significantly shrinking state government.

Plan to participate, give, and engage in self-government: It's YOUR Country...TAKE Charge.
Drew Ivers
Congressman Ron Paul to Headline Fundraisers for Iowa Republican Candidates October 28-29
LAKE JACKSON, TX - Liberty PAC is pleased to announce that former presidential candidate Congressman Ron Paul (R-Texas) will visit Iowa to headline fundraisers for six Iowa Republican candidates on October 28 and 29.

Thursday evening, October 28: Des Moines, Iowa

Kent Sorenson – Senate District 37
Glen Massie – House District 74
Kim Pearson – House District 42

Friday, October 29: Ames, Iowa

Tim Gartin – Senate District 23
ChadSteenhoek – House District 46
Mason City, Iowa
James Mills – Senate District 7

[Times and locations will be announced in a future release.]

“Liberty PAC and I are proud to assist candidates with a distinct understanding of the freedom and prosperity that thrive when government is restrained,” said Congressman Paul. “Iowans are fortunate this year to have these six conservatives running for the Iowa legislature. Please join me in supporting the campaigns of these outstanding candidates.”

ctiger2
10-05-2010, 12:33 PM
This time it's going to be fun with Schiff, Napolitano, Woods, Sheriff Mack, Rand, etc all being able to campaign for Ron. On the national stage Americans will LOVE Schiff and Napolitano especially. The people are starving for people to tell them the truth.

tpreitzel
10-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Ron has repeatedly stated that if the US dollar were seriously under attack, he'd want a public forum to speak about it. Since the US dollar is collapsing like a rock, I suspect Ron will likely run for POTUS. We'll see.

ctiger2
10-05-2010, 01:24 PM
We're living through an amazing turning point of US history. Seems like this crises and Ron running are perfectly timed events. It will be revolutionary.

tpreitzel
10-05-2010, 01:55 PM
I do want to add that Ron likely won't announce his intentions until sometime after the general election of 2010 simply because significant changes to the US Congress might positively impact the US dollar.

trey4sports
10-05-2010, 01:59 PM
I do want to add that Ron likely won't announce his intentions until sometime after the general election of 2010 simply because significant changes to the US Congress might positively impact the US dollar.

Ron has already said that if he did run he would not announce in 2010. My guess is that the cycle will follow the exact same one last time. January = exp. committee, and he will officially announce his candidacy in March of '11

tpreitzel
10-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Ron has already said that if he did run he would not announce in 2010. My guess is that the cycle will follow the exact same one last time. January = exp. committee, and he will officially announce his candidacy in March of '11

Thanks, but Ron's thinking is perfectly sensible in light of the general election.

Epic
10-05-2010, 03:13 PM

I think he'll announce in his CPAC speech - and then he'll win the straw poll.

Thomas
10-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Help make Ron's unofficial presidential campaign launch a success, donate! https://www.yaliberty.org/contribute/rpiowaoct2010