PDA

View Full Version : Who should I look into voting for in PA??

CavortingChicken
10-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Hello everyone, I havn't had the time I used to to spend on this forum and really look into the right person to vote for this November. Between school and work the time isn't there however I realize the importance of such matters. Please fill me in on your choices! Im in Bucks Co. as far as local candidates go. Thank You

Bergie Bergeron
10-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Toomey in the Senate for sur.

Pat Buchanan Conservative
10-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Nobody can tell you how to vote. Who do you think follows the Constitution the closest?

Slutter McGee
10-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Vote Toomey if you believe that domestic fiscal issues are the most important at the present time. If and when we get back to sane fiscal policy and the political climate turns to civil liberties, I would suggest a vote for someone else. I would vote for Toomey because I believe the biggest threat to liberty at the current time is Federal Spending and growth of Federal government. Keep in mind he is not a liberty candidate...but he is a true fiscal conservative.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

brandon
10-05-2010, 11:39 AM
No one really worth voting for IMO

TheDriver
10-05-2010, 11:43 AM
No one really worth voting for IMO

Is there anyone dangerous enough to vote against?

Pennsylvania
10-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Hello everyone, I havn't had the time I used to to spend on this forum and really look into the right person to vote for this November. Between school and work the time isn't there however I realize the importance of such matters. Please fill me in on your choices! Im in Bucks Co. as far as local candidates go. Thank You

I'd say either write yourself in or just go to taco bell instead. your options will be better there

brandon
10-05-2010, 12:12 PM
I'd say either write yourself in or just go to taco bell instead. your options will be better there

If there are any offices with no names on the ballot, definitely write yourself in. I got elected as a committeeman by writing myself in during the primary. I doubt there will be any opportunities like that in the general though.

Southern Man
10-05-2010, 12:47 PM
I'd say vote for Toomey in the Senate election.

My brother, who lives there, says that he's quite fiscally conservative is worth voting for.

In addition, the folks over at Crooks and Liars were condemning him because Toomey said that he would've let the banks fail instead of having them bailed out so that a restructuring could occur.

It's kind of surprising considering that they're all opposed to corporate welfare but maybe not this in this case if a Dem, such as Obama, approves of it:

hxx p://crooksandliars.com/john-amato/pat-tomey-thinks-economic-meltdown-shou

Rothbardian Girl
10-05-2010, 01:02 PM
I would not vote for Toomey if you consider foreign policy to be of supreme importance. He's your typical fiscal conservative, and I personally don't like his positions on foreign issues very much, but my father is voting for him.
Toomey lives literally like 10 minutes away from me and my dad works for his campaign now -sigh-, so if you have any questions about him I can try to get my dad to find out.

(You live in Bucks County? Cool! I'm in Lehigh.)

Bergie Bergeron
10-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Rand Paul will make the DeMint crew see the light once in the Senate. They're already fiscal conservatives, they're going to be smart enough to convert.

Brett
10-05-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm voting for Toomey. He self-term limited in the House about a decade ago, just seems like a good guy in general. He's with us on economic issues for sure, and foreign policy he's better than most.

amy31416
10-05-2010, 02:30 PM
I guess if you're going to vote status quo, Toomey's better on fiscal crap. Holds typical neocon foreign policy views though...I can't vote for him.

I'll vote 3rd party or write Alvin Greene in for the senate race.

invisible
10-05-2010, 04:59 PM

You might be in Jake Towne's congressional district, he's worthwhile, and did make it onto the ballot as an I.

I can't vote for toomey, too many ties to lobbyists (in addition to him being a neocon). Is there a LP on CP candidate running for Senate?

Remember that PA has made 3rd party ballot access a lot harder, if you're voting 3rd party, you most likely won't find the names on the ballot.

Rothbardian Girl
10-05-2010, 05:38 PM
You might be in Jake Towne's congressional district, he's worthwhile, and did make it onto the ballot as an I.

I can't vote for toomey, too many ties to lobbyists (in addition to him being a neocon). Is there a LP on CP candidate running for Senate?

Remember that PA has made 3rd party ballot access a lot harder, if you're voting 3rd party, you most likely won't find the names on the ballot.

This is true. Shame on me, but I completely forgot about Towne. He doesn't get much coverage because unfortunately he was only polling at about 3%.

Imperial
10-05-2010, 08:03 PM

The major parties made all minor party statewide candidates drop out with the threat of over 100k in legal fees.

There are still minor party and Independent candidates for state legislature and Congress.

invisible
10-05-2010, 08:32 PM
WTF! Do you have a link for this, please?

I did check the LP website, and they do have their candidates listed as running. I'd rather vote for them, than the poor choices offered by the establishment Republicans in this election.