PDA

View Full Version : Bob Dylan is a racist

Anti Federalist
10-04-2010, 06:59 PM
One infamous Dylanologist says Dylan’s aloof behavior toward Obama during White House concert explained by racism; other Dylan expert ’strongly disagrees’

If there is just one thing to glean from President Barack Obama’s chat with Rolling Stone editor Jann Werner, perhaps it is this: Bob Dylan hates black people.

At least that’s what one of the most infamous and controversial “Dylanologists” said in an interview with The Daily Caller.

In the long heart-to-heart between the president and the Rolling Stone magazine editor, Obama recalls his encounter with the living legend, who played at the White House for “In Performance at the White House: A Celebration of Music from the Civil Rights Movement” in February:

“[Bob Dylan] wouldn’t come to the rehearsal; usually, all these guys are practicing before the set in the evening. He didn’t want to take a picture with me; usually all the talent is dying to take a picture with me and Michelle before the show, but he didn’t show up to that. He came in and played “The Times They Are A-Changin’.” A beautiful rendition. The guy is so steeped in this stuff that he can just come up with some new arrangement, and the song sounds completely different. Finishes the song, steps off the stage — I’m sitting right in the front row — comes up, shakes my hand, sort of tips his head, gives me just a little grin, and then leaves. And that was it — then he left. That was our only interaction with him.”

While Obama went on to say that Dylan was “exactly as you’d expect he would be,” for the ridiculed subculture meta-celebrity Dylanologist, A.J. Weberman, that behavior was just Dylan’s racism shifting from cryptic lyrics to cryptic gestures.

Having spent years laboriously decoding the messages hidden in Dylan’s songs and poems, Weberman says he’s seen an uncomfortable pattern, one that he says explains Dylan’s aloof behavior toward the president. (Weberman claims to have created and mastered the art of literally digging through Dylan’s garbage for evidence, “Garbology” to professionals.)

“[Dylan's] hatred for blacks seems to have overtaken his desire to, you know, receive this kind of prestigious welcome,” said Weberman, who also remarked that the mere appearance of Dylan at the Obama White House is insignificant.

“[Dylan will] show up for anybody, for the Pope, doesn’t really matter. He’s looking to add another notch to his career as a performer.”

In an interesting interview, Weberman methodically decoded several Dylan songs for TheDC, which he believes proves Dylan’s dislike of African Americans. The author of “The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carrol,” “The Hurricane,” and “The Times They Are A’ Changing,” is, says Weberman, a pretty big racist. You just have to read between the color lines.

For TheDC’s benefit, Weber interpreted revealing sections of Dylan’s autobiography Chronicles: Volume 1 and described several songs which support his “idea [that Dylan] doesn’t like blacks” before decoding the more popular song,”Subterranean Homesick Blues”:

And then I looked at another song, “Subterranean Homesick Blues,” where it’s also racist embedded meaning. And he says, “the pump don’t work, ’cause the vandals took the handles.” The pump, pumping money into the economy, giving blacks money, doesn’t work ‘cause the vandals, the liberals, took the handles. The ax handles, like Lester Maddox used to give out pickaxe handles in his chicken place to beat blacks so the whites can beat up blacks over the
head with them. Get it?

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/10/01/one-infamous-dylanologist-says-dylans-aloof-behavior-toward-obama-during-white-house-concert-explained-by-racism-other-dylan-expert-strongly-disagrees/#ixzz11RRc3lQX

awake
10-04-2010, 07:02 PM
He did not grovel at the foot of the most powerful office in the land. That is clearly racist.

What a load of arrogant BS.

roho76
10-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Dylan is a racist and Obama is full of himself. Man what a narcissist. He didn't want to talk or get a picture with his holiness.

AuH20
10-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Next they're going to tell us that Dylan's all-time favorite politician is the ultra-racist Barry Goldwater. We can't have that. ;):D

oyarde
10-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Next they're going to tell us that Dylan's all-time favorite politician is the ultra-racist Barry Goldwater. We can't have that. ;):D

Where Dylan grew up and how those people lived , would lean to people there as a whole , likely not be racist or supporters of big govt .

Cowlesy
10-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Hmmmmm I'm wondering about the poster of this thread.... in fact, any of you who clicked on this thread, hmmmmmmmmm. I think you all need therapy to purge your brains!

Ever hear the story of the Hurricane?

oyarde
10-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Hmmmmm I'm wondering about the poster of this thread.... in fact, any of you who clicked on this thread, hmmmmmmmmm. I think you all need therapy to purge your brains!

No need for therapy here . I have aspirin , beer & wine . :)

AuH20
10-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Where Dylan grew up and how those people lived , would lean to people there as a whole , likely not be racist or supporters of big govt .

"My favorite politician was Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater, who reminded me of Tom Mix, and there wasn't any way to explain that to anybody."
—Bob Dylan, Chronicles, Volume One

awake
10-04-2010, 07:13 PM
You simply can't have people blowing off the President like that, others might get the same idea. Which is why I think you see this hit piece...

oyarde
10-04-2010, 07:15 PM
"My favorite politician was Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater, who reminded me of Tom Mix, and there wasn't any way to explain that to anybody."
—Bob Dylan, Chronicles, Volume One

Yes , nothing like growing up in an environment of immigrants , manual labor , brutal climate and independance .

AuH20
10-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Yes , nothing like growing up in an environment of immigrants , manual labor , brutal climate and independance .

The coasters who run the entertainment industry could never begin to understand Dylan, even if he tried to explain it to them. They would have just labeled him a crank or even worse, a white supremacist-jew hater. ;):D

Son of Detroit
10-04-2010, 07:20 PM
YouTube - Bob Dylan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMqf1VWfcic)

Anti Federalist
10-04-2010, 07:20 PM

Page two of the article:

As for Republicans, Curnyn said Dylan isn’t — to the dismay of the left — critical of them; quite the opposite. Curnyn said Dylan’s favorite politician in the 1960s was Barry Goldwater and the famous protest singer even called Richard Nixon, “one of the most misunderstood people of the twentieth century, often maligned, but obviously capable of great humanity.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/10/01/one-infamous-dylanologist-says-dylans-aloof-behavior-toward-obama-during-white-house-concert-explained-by-racism-other-dylan-expert-strongly-disagrees/2/#ixzz11RXBTCoT

RedStripe
10-04-2010, 07:21 PM
That honestly read like an Onion article.

Lucille
10-04-2010, 07:34 PM
"He didn’t want to take a picture with me; usually all the talent is dying to take a picture with me and Michelle before the show, but he didn’t show up to that."

LOLOLOL... He sounds like a child.

oyarde
10-04-2010, 07:38 PM
"He didn’t want to take a picture with me; usually all the talent is dying to take a picture with me and Michelle before the show, but he didn’t show up to that."

LOLOLOL... He sounds like a child.

I doubt he could get 55 % of the country to be in a photo with him. Why would he be suprised ?

Vessol
10-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Bob Dylan <3

RforRevolution
10-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Wow, Bob Dylan was one of my favorites before I found out he's a fan of Goldwater! Now he's that much more awesome.

Mystical Nationalist
10-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Actually, Bob Dylan and Barry Goldwater are both Jews.

Goldwater wasn't keen on Israel, though. He must have been some kind of...racist.

Cowlesy
10-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Random note, I passed by Bob Dylan on the street last Friday.

low preference guy
10-04-2010, 07:58 PM
[Having spent years laboriously decoding the messages hidden in Dylan’s songs and poems, Weberman says he’s seen an uncomfortable pattern, one that he says explains Dylan’s aloof behavior toward the president. (Weberman claims to have created and mastered the art of literally digging through Dylan’s garbage for evidence, “Garbology” to professionals.)

“[Dylan's] hatred for blacks seems to have overtaken his desire to, you know, receive this kind of prestigious welcome,” said Weberman, who also remarked that the mere appearance of Dylan at the Obama White House is insignificant.

That Weberman guy should ask to be allowed to enter a mental institution. And anyone who takes him seriously is an idiot.

Anti Federalist
10-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Actually, Bob Dylan and Barry Goldwater are both Jews.

Goldwater wasn't keen on Israel, though. He must have been some kind of...racist.

And an anti semite.

specsaregood
10-04-2010, 08:23 PM
//

Anti Federalist
10-04-2010, 08:58 PM
That honestly read like an Onion article.

Tell you the truth, I had to double check the Daily Caller's bona fides myself, that's how "onionish" the story sounded to me at first.

Dr.3D
10-04-2010, 09:27 PM
We must never forget, anybody who doesn't like our current president, is a RACIST!

:rolleyes:

Better never have a female president, there will only be sexists then.

Romulus
10-04-2010, 09:34 PM

My first thought when I saw the thread title.

Aratus
10-05-2010, 09:04 AM
One infamous Dylanologist says Dylan’s aloof behavior toward Obama during White House concert explained by racism; other Dylan expert ’strongly disagrees’

If there is just one thing to glean from President Barack Obama’s chat with Rolling Stone editor Jann Werner, perhaps it is this: Bob Dylan hates black people.

At least that’s what one of the most infamous and controversial “Dylanologists” said in an interview with The Daily Caller.

In the long heart-to-heart between the president and the Rolling Stone magazine editor, Obama recalls his encounter with the living legend, who played at the White House for “In Performance at the White House: A Celebration of Music from the Civil Rights Movement” in February:

“[Bob Dylan] wouldn’t come to the rehearsal; usually, all these guys are practicing before the set in the evening. He didn’t want to take a picture with me; usually all the talent is dying to take a picture with me and Michelle before the show, but he didn’t show up to that. He came in and played “The Times They Are A-Changin’.” A beautiful rendition. The guy is so steeped in this stuff that he can just come up with some new arrangement, and the song sounds completely different. Finishes the song, steps off the stage — I’m sitting right in the front row — comes up, shakes my hand, sort of tips his head, gives me just a little grin, and then leaves. And that was it — then he left. That was our only interaction with him.”

While Obama went on to say that Dylan was “exactly as you’d expect he would be,” for the ridiculed subculture meta-celebrity Dylanologist, A.J. Weberman, that behavior was just Dylan’s racism shifting from cryptic lyrics to cryptic gestures.

Having spent years laboriously decoding the messages hidden in Dylan’s songs and poems, Weberman says he’s seen an uncomfortable pattern, one that he says explains Dylan’s aloof behavior toward the president. (Weberman claims to have created and mastered the art of literally digging through Dylan’s garbage for evidence, “Garbology” to professionals.)

“[Dylan will] show up for anybody, for the Pope, doesn’t really matter. He’s looking to add another notch to his career as a performer.”

In an interesting interview, Weberman methodically decoded several Dylan songs for TheDC, which he believes proves Dylan’s dislike of African Americans. The author of “The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carrol,” “The Hurricane,” and “The Times They Are A’ Changing,” is, says Weberman, a pretty big racist. You just have to read between the color lines.

For TheDC’s benefit, Weber interpreted revealing sections of Dylan’s autobiography Chronicles: Volume 1 and described several songs which support his “idea [that Dylan] doesn’t like blacks” before decoding the more popular song,”Subterranean Homesick Blues”:

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/10/01/one-infamous-dylanologist-says-dylans-aloof-behavior-toward-obama-during-white-house-concert-explained-by-racism-other-dylan-expert-strongly-disagrees/#ixzz11RRc3lQX

politically the only issue for the guitar stringing rock and roll troubador now
is the sunset clause in the jobs bill or any clause that allows the upper bracket
as low a rate as possible. if bob dylan was around obama, it was to sway him...

MelissaWV
10-05-2010, 09:34 AM
inb4 BT.

Wouldn't Bob Dylan only be partially racist, since Obama is "half black"? Perhaps Bob Dylan doesn't like "white" people! People are always looking at only one side of things.

specsaregood
10-05-2010, 09:38 AM
inb4 BT.

Wouldn't Bob Dylan only be partially racist, since Obama is "half black"? Perhaps Bob Dylan doesn't like "white" people! People are always looking at only one side of things.

I think its much more like him not liking war-mongering politicians. :)

And to be surprised that he didn't show up for rehearsal?! I mean the guy has been playing that song for over forty freaking years. I'm thinking he has it down pat by now.

Aratus
10-05-2010, 09:39 AM
ole bob dylan has bought a scottish castle so that his yearly case of whiskey has less
of a transportation charge inflicted on it! bob dylan has a unique view of our tax codes...

MelissaWV
10-05-2010, 09:39 AM
I think its much more like him not liking war-mongering politicians. :)

And to be surprised that he didn't show up for rehearsal?! I mean the guy has been playing that song for over forty freaking years. I'm thinking he has it down pat by now.

I wouldn't take a picture with Obama, either. I don't like taking pictures with anyone, frankly :p You never know where they'll end up.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
10-05-2010, 09:40 AM

Thank you for this personal enrichment. I usually speak with a prostitute on my way home every night from work. As it is beginning to get cold, I bet sharing this with her will warm her heart.

pcosmar
10-05-2010, 09:50 AM
YouTube - bob dylan: subterranean homesick blues (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOWgPHIZeoE)

:D

specsaregood
10-05-2010, 09:57 AM
//

Deborah K
10-05-2010, 10:00 AM
YouTube - bob dylan: subterranean homesick blues (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOWgPHIZeoE)

:D

Damn! He was the first rapper!

pcosmar
10-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Hey. That's racist.
:rolleyes:

Aratus
10-05-2010, 10:15 AM
the above bob dylan video
pre-dates RUN DMC

if one is a purist, one
namedrops louie armstrong

ctiger2
10-05-2010, 10:21 AM
What a bunch of BS. Dylan is like that with everyone. Even his own band members. That's what being really famous worldwide for a LONG time does to a guy.

nandnor
10-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Dylan is a racist and Obama is full of himself. Man what a narcissist. He didn't want to talk or get a picture with his holiness.Indeed obama shows a lot of dymptoms of Narcissistic personality disorder

YouTube - Does Obama Have Narcissistic Personality Disorder? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVnRzn4rjbY)

Anti Federalist
10-05-2010, 11:07 AM

And a homophobe.

Which is why Ginsberg is in the background of that video. :rolleyes:;)

Anti Federalist
10-05-2010, 11:08 AM
inb4 BT.

That made me LOL

+repped

Deborah K
10-05-2010, 11:12 AM
And a homophobe.

Which is why Ginsberg is in the background of that video. :rolleyes:;)

Over my head.....spell it out for me.

Anti Federalist
10-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Over my head.....spell it out for me.

LOL, happy to.

See the bald fellow in the background of the Dylan video that Pete posted?

That's Allen Ginsberg, very famous "beat" and counter culture poet.

Dylan was a big fan, which is why he was in the video.

Ginsberg was raised in a Jewish family and openly homosexual.

Dylan himself was raised in Jewish family, though I'm not sure if he practices Judaism today.

So, since the silliness of this whole story is reaching record levels, why not accuse Dylan of being a homophobe and an anti semite as well?

Deborah K
10-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Got it. Thanks.

specsaregood
10-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Dylan himself was raised in Jewish family, though I'm not sure if he practices Judaism today.

Well, he claimed in a time magazine interview to have sold his soul to the devil (although he laughed about it). And his music was awesome, some people point out subtle references to the devil in his songs. Then after his motorcycle accident he found Jesus and his music suddenly sucked. :eek:

Brian4Liberty
10-05-2010, 11:38 AM
LOL, happy to.

See the bald fellow in the background of the Dylan video that Pete posted?

That's Allen Ginsberg, very famous "beat" and counter culture poet.

Dylan was a big fan, which is why he was in the video.

Ginsberg was raised in a Jewish family and openly homosexual.

So, since the silliness of this whole story is reaching record levels, why not accuse Dylan of being a homophobe and an anti semite as well?

Was Dylan in that naked picture with Ginsberg and Michael Savage? ;)

The connection is clear: Dylan > Ginsberg > Savage > borders > racist.

Anti Federalist
10-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Was Dylan in that naked picture with Ginsberg and Michael Savage? ;)

The connection is clear: Dylan > Ginsberg > Savage > borders > racist.

<<<slaps forehead>>>

Of course, how could I miss that?

Good find.

;)