PDA

View Full Version : Visual Graph - Why this movement will succeed

Scottj88
10-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Hello all,

Me and my dad were talking and he is a big visual guy, so I came up with a normal distribution graph that shows the amount of momentum for the liberty movement. First let me say that, 3 years ago, the awareness level was probably about 1%, and a jump from 1% to 4-5% is a 400% to 500% gain. Now when you take those numbers and increase their numbers by the same amount (400-500%) you have 20% to 30% people who are aware of Dr. Paul and the liberty movement.

I believe these numbers will grow even more, as the "distribution" for awareness is not anywhere near linear, in fact if you look at the image I created, we are going to be entering a small exponential period. Once it reaches a "critical point," the rest of the population will then be prime to follow the people who have set the motion in progress.

Group think occurs slowly, and the Ron Paul movement has done a great job, and here is my visual graph of what I am trying to explain.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2464/nationalawarenessgraph.jpg (http://img819.imageshack.us/i/nationalawarenessgraph.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

-
Keep up the good work, the hard part is over... people are listening and know who he is (to some degree) -- you have momentum on your side, so do not be discouraged! Only a matter of time until the "awareness" level in the united states tips!

Suzu
10-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Nice chart. But...

Me and my dad were talking...
It's "My dad and I...."

Scottj88
10-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Nice chart. But...
It's "My dad and I...."

Yes I know, grammar police alert :P

steph3n
10-04-2010, 07:38 PM
I have lost all faith in americans and people in general. Nothing will change.

malkusm
10-04-2010, 07:49 PM
I have lost all faith in americans and people in general. Nothing will change.

http://jiveturkey.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/debbie_downer.jpg

CUnknown
10-04-2010, 08:20 PM
I definitely agree that the liberty movement is growing by leaps and bounds. In 2007, I never imagined that things would be like they are today, with the Audit the Fed bill getting hundreds of co-sponsors and with the Tea Party movement succeeding as it has been so far. Say whatever you want about the Tea Party movement (because there are probably some bad things that go along with it as well), but it certainly does represent an increasing level of awareness and concern among the people.

I think that in an ideal world, the numbers might very well stack up as you portray, and maybe by as soon as 2012 for example, we might have a good 20%+ of the population aware of and sympathetic to our cause. Or actually, we might be approaching that now, even. The Tea Party nationally is about 20-30% right? Although admittedly, some % of the Tea Party is not really sympathetic to our cause, but I digress.

However, it's not an ideal world. There are forces marshaling against us, from Karl Rove to Keith Olberman. Even Beck, imo, might ultimately do us more harm than good, especially if the Republicans take control of Congress again, he might go back to more of his old ways. They still own the Old Media propaganda apparatus, is what I'm saying. And they are encroaching more and more into our territory (the internet) every day.

Also, they have a few trump cards up their sleeve to use against us. I'm not sure I believe that 9/11 was a false flag attack, but that option is always available to them. Another 9/11 would set us back by a huge amount. They are going to make an internet kill switch as another trump card -- that shuts us down just about completely. A large war (with Iran, for example) might be a third trump card they could use -- we haven't been able to completely reach most Tea Partiers yet, and most of them would probably toe the party line again if the country was put in a tense war situation. There are probably more of these options they could use if we keep up our pace of growth.

I agree with your main premise that we are making a solid attack on the establishment, and that they're scared of us. But they haven't brought their big guns to bear, either, so I think we should keep it up and remain cautiously optimistic.

wormyguy
10-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Your graph has disappeared.

Scottj88
10-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Your graph has disappeared.

Thanks, fixed (for now :P)

TomtheTinker
10-06-2010, 01:45 PM
+1776 to paving the path for the sheep to follow.

As far as trump cards go I see what the above poster is saying. But the fact is we have some things going in our favor also, truth and conviction being two of them.

As long as we are willing to stand strong and tall in the face of adversity. No matter what form that adversity comes in(war-"terrorist" attacks-MSM bad mouthing) We will have a solid chance at moving this movement forward.

Teaser Rate
10-07-2010, 09:23 PM
I definitely agree that the liberty movement is growing by leaps and bounds. In 2007, I never imagined that things would be like they are today, with the Audit the Fed bill getting hundreds of co-sponsors and with the Tea Party movement succeeding as it has been so far. Say whatever you want about the Tea Party movement (because there are probably some bad things that go along with it as well), but it certainly does represent an increasing level of awareness and concern among the people.

I think that in an ideal world, the numbers might very well stack up as you portray, and maybe by as soon as 2012 for example, we might have a good 20%+ of the population aware of and sympathetic to our cause. Or actually, we might be approaching that now, even. The Tea Party nationally is about 20-30% right? Although admittedly, some % of the Tea Party is not really sympathetic to our cause, but I digress.

However, it's not an ideal world. There are forces marshaling against us, from Karl Rove to Keith Olberman. Even Beck, imo, might ultimately do us more harm than good, especially if the Republicans take control of Congress again, he might go back to more of his old ways. They still own the Old Media propaganda apparatus, is what I'm saying. And they are encroaching more and more into our territory (the internet) every day.

Also, they have a few trump cards up their sleeve to use against us. I'm not sure I believe that 9/11 was a false flag attack, but that option is always available to them. Another 9/11 would set us back by a huge amount. They are going to make an internet kill switch as another trump card -- that shuts us down just about completely. A large war (with Iran, for example) might be a third trump card they could use -- we haven't been able to completely reach most Tea Partiers yet, and most of them would probably toe the party line again if the country was put in a tense war situation. There are probably more of these options they could use if we keep up our pace of growth.

I agree with your main premise that we are making a solid attack on the establishment, and that they're scared of us. But they haven't brought their big guns to bear, either, so I think we should keep it up and remain cautiously optimistic.

The problem with this line of thinking, IMO is that if you accept that there is a defined establishment able and willing to use force on its citizens to stay in power, then there is no real point in trying to bring change through political means.

This is a problem I have with conspiracy theories dealing with 9/11 and other forms of consolidated centralized power; if the world is run by a secret group of individuals so powerful as to stage attacks which fooled everyone and/or conceal their identities in an age where everyone has camera-phones; then no one has any hope of beating them either on the political scene, because they effectively control everyone’s minds or on the battlefield, because they have the biggest guns.

I think it’s much more beneficial to see the establishment as a collection of independent entities, each vying for a bigger piece of the pie and try to use those conflicts of interest to our advantage by making strategic alliances instead of trying to take on an evil, undefined, monolithic establishment.

Deborah K
10-07-2010, 09:24 PM
http://jiveturkey.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/debbie_downer.jpg

Puleeeeeez change the name to Doris???? :D

Scott Wilson
10-09-2010, 05:09 AM
I think it’s much more beneficial to see the establishment as a collection of independent entities, each vying for a bigger piece of the pie and try to use those conflicts of interest to our advantage by making strategic alliances instead of trying to take on an evil, undefined, monolithic establishment.

I view it as philosophically based. At its root is the ancient mystery religion which is the philosophical foundation that gives birth to collectivism in all its forms.

Like you, I don't see an all powerful monolithic establishment. Instead I see a monolithic belief system of which many choose to eat the fruit.

We are either all part of a collective and thus need to be coordinated and managed in order for humanity to reach its full potential or we are all individuals with the right of self determination and all that entails (ie. life, liberty and property).

Understanding this is a well grounded basis to operate from.

Travlyr
10-09-2010, 05:41 AM
I view it as philosophically based. At its root is the ancient mystery religion which is the philosophical foundation that gives birth to collectivism in all its forms.

Like you, I don't see an all powerful monolithic establishment. Instead I see a monolithic belief system of which many choose to eat the fruit.

We are either all part of a collective and thus need to be coordinated and managed in order for humanity to reach its full potential or we are all individuals with the right of self determination and all that entails (ie. life, liberty and property).

Really? The IMF is shooting its final global wad into SDR's. How could that be possible if they are not the monolith in control?

romacox
10-09-2010, 06:16 AM
Here is what Ron Paul and the Judge think about the future success of this movement:

YouTube - Ron Paul and Judge Napolitano on the Federal Reserve 10/06/10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjWxuDUc4dQ&feature=player_embedded#!)

Travlyr
10-09-2010, 06:36 AM
Here is what Ron Paul and the Judge think about the future success of this movement:

YouTube - Ron Paul and Judge Napolitano on the Federal Reserve 10/06/10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjWxuDUc4dQ&feature=player_embedded#!)

Good interview. Ron Paul must spend 90% of his time studying... he is brilliant.

Teaser Rate
10-09-2010, 08:22 AM

While the philosophical belief in collectivism might be the driving force behind many intellectuals and activists who wish to expand the power of the state, I doubt that it has the same impact on the people at the top.

I don’t think someone can get to the top of the food chain by being anything else than purely pragmatic. Generally speaking, I don’t think that most people care about changing the world as much as they do about increasing their own power.

I’m 100% against subsidies, quotas and tariffs, but if I was to become the CEO of a large firm, I would do everything in my power to use the government to my advantage, because A- if I don’t use it, then my competitors will and drive me out of business and B- my firm will fire me and hire someone who will if I don’t.

The problem at the core of corporatism is not an ideology, but the axiom of diffused costs and concentrated benefits. If an industry’s proposed tariff and regulations were to cost the public $300 million, then the average person would only have an incentive of ~1 dollar to try to stop it from passing.

Corporatism works because big businesses have a large incentive to buy their government and the people paying for that expense have few incentives to stop them; after all, the money needed to lobby and successfully defeat a proposed regulation is usually much more than paying for its effects, at least in the short run.

Of course, what makes those lobbying campaigns so expensive is the general public apathy towards issues and love of fancy campaign ads. If representatives couldn’t buy themselves out of counter-productive votes with corporate contributions, then they would be forced to vote according to their constituents’ best interests.

I don’t believe that most people want to keep the status quo; but also that the costs of challenging it are greater than what most are willing to pay. Whether that’s a rational decision or not is up to you.

acptulsa
10-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Yes, we do have momentum, and are threatening to grow exponentially.

This does not mean we're going to be able to keep the message, or the movement, on track. And if we can't, we'll either wind up with a movement hijacked to serve Sarah Palin's agenda rather than We the People's agenda, wind up taking the blame for others' crimes and short-sightedness, or both.

The work has just begun. That's the bad news. But the good news is, we're doing a damned sight more than whistling in the wind!