PDA

View Full Version : New Season of "Bored to Death" features Libertarians.

haaaylee
10-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Kind of.

Ted Danson's character is talking to someone trying to fix his magazine, fiscally. And he asks if she is on the Christian Right. She says no and that she is a Libertarian. He goes on to say "You know, some people think of me as an old fashioned Liberal, but i'm kind of a closet Libertarian myself. I'm fiscally responsible but sexually out of control." (que laughter)

Nothing big, but interesting to see on TV.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Why do they ascribe being more sexually active as libertarian? Libertarianism places no value on what an individuals personal activities should be. It merely says that individuals are free to pursue whatever desires they so choose as long as that does not impinge on anothers mutual liberties. :/

dannno
10-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Why do they ascribe being more sexually active as libertarian? Libertarianism places no value on what an individuals personal activities should be. It merely says that individuals are free to pursue whatever desires they so choose as long as that does not impinge on anothers mutual liberties. :/

That's not as funny.

haaaylee
10-04-2010, 04:42 PM
That's not as funny.

Exactly.

emazur
10-04-2010, 06:42 PM

Libertarians still have that "hippies of the right" image - free love but no free lunch. I strongly consider myself libertarian though my personal choices tend to be on the conservative side (no drugs, don't often drink, don't care for loose women, etc.) minus the bible-thumping, but I hate the status-quo and have a live-and-let-live attitude towards life. Michael Badnarik doesn't do drugs or even drink alcohol, Ron Paul and Bob Barr and many more are personally socially conservative but are libertarians.