PDA

View Full Version : hilarious enviro-propaganda

heavenlyboy34
10-04-2010, 01:21 PM
YouTube - How to Cut Carbon Emissions (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qff2xJgDuOY&feature=player_embedded)

well, maybe "tragically hilarious" is a better term. :eek::o:D The british pretentiousness here is quite funny! :)

Vessol
10-04-2010, 01:31 PM
I wonder if this is really some clever mocking of enviornmentalists or if they are really serious.

Original_Intent
10-04-2010, 01:32 PM
It was put out by a legitimate enviro group, which later pulled the video and posted and apology that no one got their "humor".

Vessol
10-04-2010, 01:36 PM
It was put out by a legitimate enviro group, which later pulled the video and posted and apology that no one got their "humor".

Well I don't think it's outrageous or anything, I think it's actually pretty funny, but probably for different reasons then they do.

It would be like if the U.S Army made a commercial with a bunch of kids lined up

"So who here wants to join the Army?"
Most raise their hands
"Well those who don't want to join the army are free to do whatever they please"
Grabs a gun and shoots them and walks off smiling.

I personally would find a commercial like that funny, but I have a dark sense of humor. But if that commercial was meant to encourage people to join the Army it kinda failed on that.

Another little tidbit I noticed in the commercial is that they tried to make all the environmentalist people look friendly, pretty, handsome, cute, etc. While the two anti-environmentalist kids had heavy brows and were generally ugly, the anti-envi adults were fat and ugly and the anti-envi footballer looked like a total douche.

RM918
10-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Well I don't think it's outrageous or anything, I think it's actually pretty funny, but probably for different reasons then they do.

It would be like if the U.S Army made a commercial with a bunch of kids lined up

"So who here wants to join the Army?"
Most raise their hands
"Well those who don't want to join the army are free to do whatever they please"
Grabs a gun and shoots them and walks off smiling.

I personally would find a commercial like that funny, but I have a dark sense of humor. But if that commercial was meant to encourage people to join the Army it kinda failed on that.

Another little tidbit I noticed in the commercial is that they tried to make all the environmentalist people look friendly, pretty, handsome, cute, etc. While the two anti-environmentalist kids had heavy brows and were generally ugly, the anti-envi adults were fat and ugly and the anti-envi footballer looked like a total douche.

Like I said in the other threads, imagine if someone had a commercial where Obama was blown up into bloody chunks for supporting bailouts. Imagine what would happen. Blowing up children for carbon emissions, though? Just a joke!

Philhelm
10-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Like I said in the other threads, imagine if someone had a commercial where Obama was blown up into bloody chunks for supporting bailouts. Imagine what would happen. Blowing up children for carbon emissions, though? Just a joke!

I agree. While the video isn't offensive to me (the only thing that offends me is when people get offended), and I find it humorous, the problem I have with it is for the reasons you have stated. Imagine if the Tea Party created an advertisement in which people were blown to bits. The "outrage" from the leftist media would be astounding. I'm sick of the double standards.

Freedom 4 all
10-04-2010, 03:16 PM
It's rare to see environmentalists being so honest.

djdellisanti4
10-04-2010, 03:36 PM
If they had cut out the scene with the kids, it could have been an effective ad.

No one likes to see kids being blown up, but somehow we have become a little more desensitized to seeing adults brains being scattered about.