PDA

View Full Version : Concern regarding negative press

Thunder
10-18-2007, 09:44 AM
I am a fellow RP lurker, and I want us to win this election, but I have a concern...
PLEASE try to tone down the responses to negative press!

We can't email bomb people everytime something blantly (or even remotely) negative comes out.

I know some people don't understand the issues, but there are alot of these people that have their own agendas, are trying to bait us, and no amount of reasoning will change their minds.

They have got nothing on Dr. Paul, so they are going to attack his base.

I've noticed a disturbing trend occuring as we have been building momentum.

They are trying to use our energies against us, painting us as 'cult-like', 'rabid', etc.

I don't think people have fully grasped the amount of support we have.

I fully believe that in the days to come the positive press will outweigh the negative.

Please stop the email bombings, there is bound to be some blowback.

Thank you.

Elwar
10-18-2007, 09:46 AM
At least it's press :)

kylejack
10-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Don't worry about that UNLV Rebel idiot. We're doing fine.

walt
10-18-2007, 09:51 AM
I am a fellow RP lurker, and I want us to win this election, but I have a concern...

We can't email bomb people everytime something blantly (or even remotely) negative comes out.

I know some people don't understand the issues, but there are alot of these people that have their own agendas, are trying to bait us, and no amount of reasoning will change their minds.

They are trying to use our energies against us, painting us as 'cult-like', 'rabid', etc.

I fully believe that in the days to come the positive press will outweigh the negative.

Thank you.

sure, let the media blackout continue, great. uhm, no.

c0unterph0bia
10-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Didn't you hear? Blow back doesn't exist! Where were you on 9/11 when they attacked us because we're rich and free?

- Just kidding

werdd
10-18-2007, 09:55 AM
I think mass emailing is doing alot of good, a great example is with john harwood. When thousands of us send in emails, these guys cant help but try and understand where we are coming from, being the political analyst we are. In the process, they usually find out that Ron Paul is not such a bad guy.

Thunder
10-18-2007, 09:58 AM
There's a difference though between Harwood and the hacks at UNLV and St. Pete Times. I'm just lookin at the future, I believe these attacks will intensify the more successful we get. I mean, how else can they bring us down?

Grandson of Liberty
It's a very good point. I think it wise we all "count to ten" before taking any action. Yesterday there was a post that got everyone full of piss and vinegar, and by the end of it a ton of folks were saying stuff like, "hey, that really wasn't that bad." By that time however, I'm sure there were plenty of counterproductive, nasty emails had already gone out though.

Grandson of Liberty
There's a difference though between Harwood and the hacks at UNLV and St. Pete Times. I'm just lookin at the future, I believe these attacks will intensify the more successful we get. I mean, how else can they bring us down?

by getting us to bring ourselves down.

Dave Wood
10-18-2007, 09:59 AM

Thank you.

Welcome!

Thunder, what would be your suggestion to the constant barrage of "He cant win"

I dont see any other candidates labeled this way except Gravel, Kucinich.

People DO get brainwashed by these idiots and they look at the presidential election like a football game. They dont care whos playing, they just want to be on the winning side. Sad, I know.

Whats your take on the best way to counter this?

TheIndependent
10-18-2007, 10:02 AM
Welcome!

People DO get brainwashed by these idiots and they look at the presidential election like a football game. They dont care whos playing, they just want to be on the winning side. Sad, I know.

Respond on a non-cocky, polite manner. Don't come off kookish or rabid. Win the hearts and minds of people through persuasion and appealing to their senses rather than using the equivalent of a verbal hammer.

That's how it should be. Passion is one thing, but going nuclear on others accomplishes nothing. Constantly making snarky remarks turns people off. Being factual and intelligently thought-out, though, provokes curiousity and appreciation; two things that make people want to know more.

Dave Wood
10-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Respond on a non-cocky, polite manner. Don't come off kookish or rabid. Win the hearts and minds of people through persuasion and appealing to their senses rather than using the equivalent of a verbal hammer.

That's how it should be. Passion is one thing, but going nuclear on others accomplishes nothing. Constantly making snarky remarks turns people off. Being factual and intelligently thought-out, though, provokes curiousity and appreciation; two things that make people want to know more.

To e-mail/respond or not?? Let it go or address it?:confused:

Thunder
10-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Welcome!

Personally, whenever I get mad I just donate more money. There are other ways to channel it into something positive... we have to use these opportunities as our motivation to drive us, not just sit behind a computer and bomb away.

shepburn
10-18-2007, 10:15 AM
our polite emails are working ... just look at the clip from "Fox and Friends" from yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2fU6OqLRCE

freelance
10-18-2007, 10:24 AM
Respond on a non-cocky, polite manner.

I agree, but it's frightening that the point is not a given!

Eli
10-18-2007, 10:28 AM
doing nothing...brilliant strategy.

i agree with be polite about it.
but definitely be convicting! Email every single reporter that does a piece on ron paul, or even lack there of. Show them the support. Treat them like dogs, when they are good they get rewarded, when they are bad they get spanked.

Brinck Slattery
10-18-2007, 10:32 AM
doing nothing...brilliant strategy.

i agree with be polite about it.
but definitely be convicting! Email every single reporter that does a piece on ron paul, or even lack there of. Show them the support. Treat them like dogs, when they are good they get rewarded, when they are bad they get spanked.

no, not nothing. If there is negative or slanderous press, it's no good to slander them right back. Then they put the angriest and craziest e-mails on the show and have another good laugh at how crazy Ron Paul supporters are, which triggers more e-mails, which triggers more laughing, etc. etc. in an infinite loop.

Respond to slander with well thought out, grammatically correct, and profanity-free messages. Do not accuse people of being CFR plants. Do not accuse people of shilling for the New World Order. If you can avoid it, don't use the term MSM, which to most people is a red flag that the speaker is "out there."

This isn't to blunt excitement, but to temper the excitement with serious consideration of how our actions as supporters reflect on our candidate. Be civil and blast away!

Mordechai Vanunu
10-18-2007, 10:38 AM
The e-mails are working. They've resulted in interviews for him and positive mentions on the news (Harwood/Scarborough).