PDA

View Full Version : We need to get new meetup members to become volunteers

Sematary
10-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Emails like the one sent out this morning by the campaign ONLY go out to volunteers. If that email was reaching all 50,000+ meetup members, we could easily do a million in a day when that happens.
Personally, I've maxed out organizer contacts for the month on the Philly meetup.
So, how about everyone here contact organizers and have them disseminate that email to all of their members.
Post who you sent it to (state, city)
and let's see if that helps.

skiingff
10-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Emails like the one sent out this morning by the campaign ONLY go out to volunteers. If that email was reaching all 50,000+ meetup members, we could easily do a million in a day when that happens.
Personally, I've maxed out organizer contacts for the month on the Philly meetup.
So, how about everyone here contact organizers and have them disseminate that email to all of their members.
Post who you sent it to (state, city)
and let's see if that helps.

Anyone who's,

1.) Made a donation to Ron Paul
2.) Purchased an item from his store
3.) Signed up on ronpaul2008.com

is automatically part of his e-mail list. So that should be everybody.

Sematary
10-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Anyone who's,

1.) Made a donation to Ron Paul
2.) Purchased an item from his store
3.) Signed up on ronpaul2008.com

is automatically part of his e-mail list. So that should be everybody.

I tend to doubt that. I'd put money on the percentage of meetup members who have EVER donated to the campaign in any form to be less than 50% and probably alot lower.

JS4Pat
10-18-2007, 10:14 AM
I tend to doubt that. I'd put money on the percentage of meetup members who have EVER donated to the campaign in any form to be less than 50% and probably alot lower.

I agree.

Sematary
10-18-2007, 11:26 AM
I agree.

So how do we change it?

jj111
10-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Call up the people who are in your meetup group - have a chat...

Sematary
10-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Call up the people who are in your meetup group - have a chat...

I'm talking about globally. There are 50,000 meetup members. How do we reach them?

jj111
10-18-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm talking about globally. There are 50,000 meetup members. How do we reach them?

Think globally, act locally.

steph3n
10-18-2007, 11:33 AM
I just mass mailed my small town meetup group asking to donate this month not wait till November :)

Rivington Essex
10-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Carry a clipboard to all your events and get e-mails. Input them into the official site.

Sematary
10-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Think globally, act locally.

That's all well and good and I do act locally AND globally but that isn't helping to get the donation message out to 50,000 meetup members.

iskimtsnow
10-18-2007, 01:15 PM
I completely agree. Only around 12,000 people have donated this quarter according to ronpaulgraphs.com and this may not be unique donors. So even the most conservative estimate, figuring the number represents only unique donors and all donors are meetup members (which clearly they are not), 75% OF MEETUP MEMBERS HAVE NOT DONATED THIS QUARTER. I think this presents an easy opportunity to raise some serious funds. Around 1/2 of all meetup members are in the top 100 groups. A well worded letter from someone with some serious credibility (maybe the leader of one of the top 10 meetup groups) asking the top 100 meetup organizers and assistants to personally email Ron Paul’s letter to all the members of their group. Most importantly follow up and keep track of the donation ratio. Maybe even a contest where the group with the highest number of donors as well as the highest donation total get some kind of prize. As a way to get the message out to the other 50% of meetup members maybe we could ask the top 100 meetup organizers to forward the letter to all the non top 100 meetups in their areas as well. As the Myspace fundraising effort has shown the personal touch works. It is 10x more effective than just a broadcast email.

paulicywonk
10-18-2007, 01:21 PM
My guess is that anyone who joined the Meetup groups is already on the campaign list and probably is getting covered by the campaign in their direct e-mail outreach effort.

iskimtsnow
10-18-2007, 01:31 PM
I think people are overestimating the amount of activists in the meetup groups. I only received the email because I have donated. I am pretty active in my meetup (activist standard) but I have neither bought anything from the store and I never signed up at the website. My guess is Pareto's law applies here. 80% of meetup members support RP and signed up for the meetup but have done nothing else.