PDA

View Full Version : Should the campaign update Lady Liberty?

CasualApathy
10-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Should the graphic be updated to make this months goal 3 mil?

During their press-conference the campaign said they were looking for 3 mil in october, 4 in november and 5 in december.

I think if it actually showed 3 mil a the goal, people would be more motivated, because we can still make the 3 mil goal, yet most people are resigned about the 4 mil goal.

mconder
10-18-2007, 09:07 AM
yes

LibertyEagle
10-18-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm not sure if that wouldn't look worse. I dunno. I mean, unless we have a huge uptick, we're going to have a hard time making the 3 million too.

skiingff
Yup; and they should add in physical donations, which would boost the amount by 30%, or $300,000 for every 1 mil raised online.

DrNoZone
No...shoot for the moon to get over the fence.

quickmike
10-18-2007, 09:10 AM
No...shoot for the moon to get over the fence.

I agree.

NEVER lower your goals. If he tries for 4 mill, maybe hell get 3. If he lowers the goal to 3 he might only get 2.5

Bad idea.

LibertyEagle
10-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Yeah, I wish they would also add in other donations. I'm hoping all the fundraisers are going in there anyway. Anyone know if they are?

Sematary
10-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Should the graphic be updated to make this months goal 3 mil?

During their press-conference the campaign said they were looking for 3 mil in october, 4 in november and 5 in december.

I think if it actually showed 3 mil a the goal, people would be more motivated, because we can still make the 3 mil goal, yet most people are resigned about the 4 mil goal.

I think they should update it to reflect offline contributions.

skiingff
10-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Yeah, I wish they would also add in other donations. I'm hoping all the fundraisers are going in there anyway. Anyone know if they are?

Yea, because 12 million is very obtainable, just not 12 mil strictly online. He's more than doubled his donations every quarter, this quarter will be no different. But he's doubled due to physical AND online donations, not just online.

robatsu
10-18-2007, 09:13 AM
Isn't moving the goalposts for the purpose of self esteem something that some of us sort of dislike about current social practices? I say leave it as it is, and if we fall short, let it be a reminder for everyone to work harder.

KewlRonduderules
10-18-2007, 09:13 AM
no, don't encourage it. Leave it as is. Never ever lower your expectations. It sends the wrong message. Keep it up even if we don't make it.

shepburn
10-18-2007, 09:14 AM
everyone stop worrying about missing the $4M number. We are way ahead of how we were doing this time last quarter. The growth is exponential and weighted to the end of the quarter.

what we need is some folks to start offering creative ways to find more doners... what ideas do you guys have??

Sematary
10-18-2007, 09:16 AM
everyone stop worrying about missing the $4M number. We are way ahead of how we were doing this time last quarter. The growth is exponential and weighted to the end of the quarter.

what we need is some folks to start offering creative ways to find more doners... what ideas do you guys have??

fund things (like my chipin) that are designed to get new voters.

quickmike
10-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Isn't moving the goalposts for the purpose of self esteem something that some of us sort of dislike about current social practices? I say leave it as it is, and if we fall short, let it be a reminder for everyone to work harder.

Yeah, thats what our public schools do every day. They make the tests easier and what happens, the kids do better on the tests, but they end up being dumber in the end.

CasualApathy
10-18-2007, 09:20 AM
But haven't they already lowered expectations by saying that they are looking for 3-4-5 mil?

Seems like the goal should remain 4 mil. Thanks for the feedback.

SouthernGuy15
10-18-2007, 09:21 AM
Lets stop second guessing the campaign.

CasualApathy
10-18-2007, 09:28 AM
Lets stop second guessing the campaign.

Lets not.

The campaign uses our feedback, and we should be discussing every aspect of everything that has to do with the campaign.

JMann
10-18-2007, 09:31 AM
You don't change goals even it that means don't achieve them. The longterm goal is 12 million and that can still be done. It doesn't mean you have failed if you don't reach a short term goal.

jonahtrainer
10-18-2007, 10:21 AM
But haven't they already lowered expectations by saying that they are looking for 3-4-5 mil?

Seems like the goal should remain 4 mil. Thanks for the feedback.

I think the expectations of the campaign have been blown away. Ron Paul really is amazed and with good reason.

They, and us, don't have any idea what is possible. I think we need to get Ron Paul on the Adam Curry show and see how much political muscle Adam Curry really has. Also, we need to go find more rich people to donate to the campaign. I know I've already found 10x as many donations for Q4 as I did in Q3.

ronpaulitician
10-18-2007, 10:24 AM
No.

You cannot change the goal line.

That's too much like the way the Bush administration has been handling the Iraq war.

SouthernGuy15
10-18-2007, 10:36 AM
We should NOT second guess the campaign.

97% of people who have donated can donate again!

We need to kick things up a notch and MEET THIS GOAL!