PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen: Feingold Down By 12 Points

ItsTime
10-03-2010, 08:25 AM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2010/election_2010_senate_elections/wisconsin/election_2010_wisconsin_senate

Republican Ron Johnson now leads incumbent Democrat Russ Feingold by 12 points in Wisconsin’s race for the U.S. Senate.

How is Johnson?

Bergie Bergeron
10-03-2010, 08:32 AM
Real fiscal conservative but still a hawk.

MRoCkEd
10-03-2010, 08:34 AM
He sucks, TBH. I don't really care how this race turns out.

ItsTime
10-03-2010, 08:37 AM
He sucks, TBH. I don't really care how this race turns out.

Well we are more likely to hold the Reps feet to the fire than Dems. Maybe we can hammer away at him and make him change his neo con ways?

specsaregood
10-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Real fiscal conservative but still a hawk.

What is: an oxymoron?

ItsTime
10-03-2010, 08:43 AM
What is an oxymoron?

Thats where I think we can hammer away at the neo cons and maybe they will change their hawkish ways. Even the biggest hawk of all Glenn Beck is swaying a little.

t0rnado
10-03-2010, 08:43 AM
A PPP poll from Sept. 18-19 showed Ron Johnson up 52-41 and a CNN/TIME poll from Sept. 17-21st showed Ron Johnson up 51-45.

Fozz
10-03-2010, 08:47 AM
I would never vote for a pro-war Republican over an anti-war Democrat.

So I am indifferent to this race.

TCE
10-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Feingold was the only senator to vote against the Patriot Act, but he is responsible for a ton of anti-liberty legislation as well (Incumbent Protection Act, anyone?). So, I am happy to see an incumbent go down, but this race is trading a straight Democrat with a Neo-Con. So, it's a wash either way.

ItsTime: The predominant view of the GOP is pro-war and attack Iran. We have no base to change that, even DeMint is a hawk. We can only hope that the Iraq war will be wound down enough so that it won't play a factor and the focus will be on the debt, so attacking Iran will be a non-issue.

Stary Hickory
10-03-2010, 09:23 AM
I want HC Bill gone, it's war on the people war on liberty. How many wars and aggressive acts did feingold vote yes on under other administrations? Wouldn't it be interesting to know.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-03-2010, 09:24 AM
McCain-Feingold can go take a long walk off a short pier.

specsaregood
10-03-2010, 09:29 AM
ItsTime: The predominant view of the GOP is pro-war and attack Iran. We have no base to change that, even DeMint is a hawk.

I'm not so sure. Haven't Lee, Angle, Paul, Miller and O'Donnell said they would all require a Declaration of War? If we could get DeMint on that side too, that might be enough of a "base" to stop it. Because there is no way they are going to actually declare war.

amy31416
10-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Thats where I think we can hammer away at the neo cons and maybe they will change their hawkish ways. Even the biggest hawk of all Glenn Beck is swaying a little.

That's all out the window if we get another Republican president in 2012, aside from RP of course.

The only reason they're changing their tune even slightly on the war is because it's Obama running it.

tangent4ronpaul
10-03-2010, 09:50 AM
What is: an oxymoron?

Best described by example:

Military Intelligence

Warm, cuddly, compassionate Freddy Krueger

those are oxymorons

-t

ItsTime
10-03-2010, 09:58 AM
That's all out the window if we get another Republican president in 2012, aside from RP of course.

The only reason they're changing their tune even slightly on the war is because it's Obama running it.

Not if we can push their hand to make them sing the tune louder. I really think we need to start pushing these neo-cons harder on the war issue. The timing is right. If we push now until '12 we might be able to get a liberty candidate elected to the WH.

Stary Hickory
10-03-2010, 10:32 AM
ItsTime: The predominant view of the GOP is pro-war and attack Iran. We have no base to change that, even DeMint is a hawk. We can only hope that the Iraq war will be wound down enough so that it won't play a factor and the focus will be on the debt, so attacking Iran will be a non-issue.

This is BS don't make krap up please. It is NOT the predominant view, you are simply saying this. There are some idiots in the GOP but it is hardly a party position.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-03-2010, 11:07 AM
This is BS don't make krap up please. It is NOT the predominant view, you are simply saying this. There are some idiots in the GOP but it is hardly a party position.

You are the minority in the GOP. The GOP whether you like it or not, is still the 'War Party'. (And for that matter so are the Democrats)

justinc.1089
10-03-2010, 11:09 AM
You are the minority in the GOP. The GOP whether you like it or not, is still the 'War Party'. (And for that matter so are the Democrats)

Yeah thats my feeling too...

MRoCkEd
10-08-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm watching the debate. Ron Johnson sucks. I think I want Russ Feingold to win, sort of.
He is standing up against the Patriot Act and war while Ron Johnson is supporting them.

Johnson criticized Feingold for wanting to cut military spending...

I'm glad I don't have to cast a vote in this race.

Depressed Liberator
10-08-2010, 07:42 PM
But no, we need to support all republcians beause what with the what and the whoo and the haa and whaa, and so on liberty t-party

Sola_Fide
10-08-2010, 07:50 PM

This is a good point.

You have to be POLITICALLY BLIND to not see the shift to paleoconservatism that many GOP candidates are going through.

Let's encourage them, guide them....not dismiss them right away. If Glenn Beck can come to a more principled position on war, then anybody can....

Brett85
10-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Even the biggest hawk of all Glenn Beck is swaying a little.

The biggest hawk of all? Lol. That's some funny stuff.