PDA

View Full Version : Conan O`Brien calls RP a loser and says he should quit on his show

Dave Wood
10-18-2007, 08:43 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2573401436686237753&q=ron+paul&total=333&start=0&num=10&so=1&type=search&plindex=1

These idiots must just be looking for ratings or something. Dont they realize that they arent very funny?

I think RP should say something about CONE-Head on Jay Leno`s show!!!! If we could hit $4 mil or more by the Leno show, RP could shove that dough right down the throats of these jack***es.

Rp could say sorry conan, didnt mean to make you look like such an idiot, but you should be a little more careful who you label a LOSER. :rolleyes:

kylejack
10-18-2007, 08:44 AM
What time does he come on again? Yeah.....Yeah....Yeah, not such a good time slot.

Adamsa
10-18-2007, 08:45 AM
He has a big mouth.

mavtek
10-18-2007, 08:50 AM
Time to show him what for.

jj111
10-18-2007, 08:50 AM
Don't take it personally. He threw in the names of many other candidates in addition to Ron Paul. It will have no effect on Ron Paul's candidacy.

torchbearer
10-18-2007, 08:52 AM
I've lost all respect for Conan.... i may even send him an email to let him know he lost a fan. maybe if he got enough emails like that... he may change his tune?

hopeforamerica
He's just not funny. Even if he left Ron Paul's name out of there, it wasn't funny. don't worry about it.

acstichter
That was pretty funny.

This comes with the package of being on the big stage.

Ridiculous
10-18-2007, 08:53 AM
It is just a dumb comedy bit, I wouldn't sweat it.

EvilEngineer
Well he first told Thompson to drop out on his show, Ron Paul seem to be mentioned just in passing of the listing of other candidates. Still going to send him some nasty mail... hmmm white powdered envelopes. (ground sugar, of course)

DrNoZone
Seriously, you guys need to learn to laugh sometimes. He's a comedian for hell's sake! He included ALL of the non-MSM endorsed candidates.

torchbearer
10-18-2007, 08:54 AM
I want Conan to make jokes about Ron Paul after he wins the presidency... then its funny.

LibertyEagle
It's not even funny.

Adamsa
Ron wasn't exactly victimized there, but yeah, the amount of e-mail he'll get about Ron Paul will shut him up.

Brinck Slattery
10-18-2007, 08:55 AM
yeah, chill out, he just mentioned Paul in a list of those who aren't Clinton, Obama, Giuliani, and Romney; he wasn't singling him out.

JoshLowry
10-18-2007, 08:56 AM
Jokes hit a personal nerve every once in a while. You can't expect to laugh at other people all of the time.

On that note, Fuck Conan! ;)

AcidReign
10-18-2007, 08:58 AM
It wasn't that bad. He listed just about everyone except the top 2 of each side. The only one who has a case for being mad is Tancredo. At the end Conan said "even the Tancredos".

ronpaulfan
10-18-2007, 09:00 AM
What's conan's email address? Maybe we can get a CNBC type response: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEFmAqfiXnk

Also, this is the direct YouTube link for Conan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ElxBx3WP8c

BuddyRey
10-18-2007, 09:00 AM
Wow, I always liked Conan too. Never thought he'd do any political shilling for the NBC higher-ups.

shepburn
10-18-2007, 09:01 AM
haha ... Conan just needs to be educated about Ron Paul. He probably didn't even write this script.

But man ... just think how pissed Fred Thompson supporters must be!

speciallyblend
10-18-2007, 09:01 AM
I've lost all respect for Conan.... i may even send him an email to let him know he lost a fan. maybe if he got enough emails like that... he may change his tune?

Ditto 2 Fans 3 counting my wife

NinjaPirate
10-18-2007, 09:07 AM
Oh c'mon, lighten up people. He wasn't singling him out. I think some of us are getting to the point that we're taking every little jab at RP TOO seriously. Some of us are starting to resemble overprotective parents. :rolleyes:

quickmike
10-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Oh c'mon, lighten up people. He wasn't singling him out. I think some of us are getting to the point that we're taking every little jab at RP TOO seriously. Some of us are starting to resemble overprotective parents. :rolleyes:

No s--t!! He singled out Thompson and the rest were just add ons to make a generalization.

Besides, hes retiring anyway next year right?

JenHarris
We need to pick our battles. Conan is a comedian not enemy #1.

EvilEngineer

Ehh, I think it is important for everyone in the MSM to understand that if they mention RP, it had better be to praise him. As the CNBC people learned, mess with him and his followers WILL come after you in droves. It shows that we are aware, motivated, and are numerous.

scubasteve01
10-18-2007, 09:13 AM
Even if it was a stupid comedy bit, that wasn't funny anyways... I think it's disrespectful to say someone has no chance of winning. Anyone has a fair chance given as long as voters aren't turned off by someone saying "Oh he can't win anyways." How many people do you know that have looked at Ron Paul and thought that? And then just brushed over him and ignored him all together? Too Many.

He's going to feel the wrath. Who has contact info?

Brinck Slattery
10-18-2007, 09:13 AM
Ehh, I think it is important for everyone in the MSM to understand that if they mention RP, it had better be to praise him. As the CNBC people learned, mess with him and his followers WILL come after you in droves. It shows that we are aware, motivated, and are numerous.

it would also show that we're crazy people who can't tolerate dissent

jj111
10-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Lighten up people. It was only a joke, he's a comedian, and Ron Paul was NOT singled out. If anything, Fred was attacked in that bit much more than anyone else. Chill out. Call off the dogs.

CodeMonkey
10-18-2007, 09:18 AM
I never liked him much anyway...

I was actually more disappointed that nobody in the audience boo'd when he said that.

robatsu
10-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Man, if this is picking on Paul, the hair trigger is pretty sensitive.

Me, I think he should have stopped at the "Fred, resign on my show". That was pretty funny. He should have left it at that, the rest was sort of lame, regardless of the paul mention.

AgentSmith
10-18-2007, 09:22 AM
everyone needs to stop watching conan.

Dave Wood
10-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Lighten up people. It was only a joke, he's a comedian, and Ron Paul was NOT singled out. If anything, Fred was attacked in that bit much more than anyone else. Chill out. Call off the dogs.

The real problem with this is the brainwashing continues. Rp has about $6.5 mil in the bank. That isnt nearly enough money to combat this "He cant win" being spewed throughout the media. I understand your point JJ but if noone shows up in defense then the point of "he cant win" continues to go unanswered.

First, we are dealing with name recognition and then comes the inevitable "I like him but he cant win"

Where do they get the "He cant win" FROM?? You guessed it. People like Conan playing games with issues that they have no business spewing falsehoods about.

He is a comedian so his words arent as damning as the typical pundit but none the less, he has an audience out there the just heard "RON PAUL and HE CANT WIN" in the same monologue. :o

Drknows
10-18-2007, 09:30 AM
I think the title of the video on youtube is worst than the video. haha

Anyway this is the email right?
http://www.nbc.com/Footer/Contact_Us/

Roxi
10-18-2007, 09:34 AM
This is EXACTLY conans style... he makes a comment like that specifically because HE KNOWS what will happen

what everyone needs to understand is this "Don't mess with Ron Paul supporters" stuff recently is going to MAKE a lot of the people on TV want to see exactly what happens when u do mess with ron paul supporters. This was about comedy for him, ratings, i bet soon enough hell either say he was joking, or say ron needs to come on his show to prove him wrong :D

ratings tactics are being brought to a WHOLE new level

davidkachel
10-18-2007, 09:36 AM
I have to agree with the folks saying "lighten up".

1. Compared to Jay Leno, Conan's influence is zero.
2. Conan is a clown. His job is to say anything silly and absolutely no one takes him seriously, ever.
3. RP was not singled out or personally ridiculed or vilified.
4. The net effect of Conan's remark is zero.
5. Mentioning RP's name, even negatively, is better than not mentioning it at all.

Mordechai Vanunu
10-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Conan isn't that bad...this is hardly anything to get upset about.

wsc321
10-18-2007, 10:00 AM
Don't take it personally. He threw in the names of many other candidates in addition to Ron Paul. It will have no effect on Ron Paul's candidacy.

That's my take... I'll even suggest this is a net positive for Ron Paul:

It slams Fred Thompson (Fred is the one singled out)
It lumps Paul in with Duncan Hunter, etc, which nobody with a clue would do... The MSM tried this a while back, but even they would call Conan out of touch with reality.

So, bottom line, it will negatively impact Fred Thompson and doing nothing to Ron Paul.

MGreen
10-18-2007, 10:11 AM
It's just a joke, and not at all directed at Paul. It's more insulting to Thompson than Paul.

angelatc
10-18-2007, 10:21 AM
It wasn't that bad.

Actually, Fred is a top 2. This was a bigger slam on Fred than Paul.

And people actually made noise when he mentioned Paul's name.

A good sign.

ronpaulitician
10-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Bees. Honey.

PS What's with the grossly misleading subject line?

angelatc
10-18-2007, 10:23 AM
Besides, hes retiring anyway next year right?

Leno is supposed to retire, and NBCwas all set to hand "The Tonight Show" over to Conan, but apparently Leno doesn't like that idea.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/la-fi-leno15oct15,0,7754021.story?coll=chi-homepagenews-utl

cmc
10-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Pretty tame. What, he mentioned Paul once? And in a list with a bunch of others?

Jon Stewart has actual influence (for a comedian...) and look at what he says:
http://www.livevideo.com/video/rclark23/53071EB18B2A425B97C3FB1B870906E4/ron-paul-on-the-daily-show-wit.aspx

Mordechai Vanunu
10-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Leno is supposed to retire, and NBCwas all set to hand "The Tonight Show" over to Conan, but apparently Leno doesn't like that idea.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/la-fi-leno15oct15,0,7754021.story?coll=chi-homepagenews-utl

Of course not...he doesn't want to be upstaged. Conan is the better comedian.

American
10-18-2007, 10:37 AM
ConanInChicago@nbcuni.com This is Old, anyone else?

Can anyone find a email address for this terrorist? I'm going to spam this fool hard core.

unklejman
10-18-2007, 10:52 AM

Yes, this will have new supporters just flocking to our "cult". :rolleyes:

jd603
10-18-2007, 10:59 AM
He seemed to emphasize Ron ,,, is he inviting thousands of e-mails etc? Or his writers are so out of touch with current politics that they think RP still has no chance.

Pretty tame. What, he mentioned Paul once? And in a list with a bunch of others?

Jon Stewart has actual influence (for a comedian...) and look at what he says:
http://www.livevideo.com/video/rclark23/53071EB18B2A425B97C3FB1B870906E4/ron-paul-on-the-daily-show-wit.aspx

FreedomLover
10-18-2007, 11:01 AM
You people need to get thicker skins.

Cindy
10-18-2007, 11:06 AM
In the words of Conan's comedic insult dog, Triumph

" Conans comments about Paul are fair enough........

for me to poop on!"

Noog
10-18-2007, 11:07 AM
Still going to send him some nasty mail... hmmm white powdered envelopes. (ground sugar, of course)

I hope you're kidding and you know that this is highly illegal.

sunghoko
10-18-2007, 11:07 AM
absolutely harmless.

HOWEVER, RP fans can spin this thing in favor of Ron Paul. Conan really uses audience participation and fan mail and will use it as a segment.

Check out hornymanatee.com or the finland prime minister lookalike deal. He even made a trip out of it.

Don't send angry letters to conan, that's just counterproductive and may have negative effects. Encourage Conan to have Ron on the show.

You guys know how Chuck Norris' old show walker texas ranger is lampooned on Conan's show? well Chuck actually showed up for "revenge" and they filmed a whole segment on it. I think the same can happen with RP.

http://www.nbc.com/Footer/Contact_Us/

TheIndependent
10-18-2007, 11:09 AM
I found the clip hilarious. Conan's a comedian; this is what hes paid to do fer chrissake.

Don't take every little slight personally, and really, especially those from comedians.

American
10-18-2007, 11:10 AM
He has a friggin late night show, he is open to public scrutiny. He said what he said and we have every right to tell him he is full of shit.

He needs to have thick skin too.

MGS
10-18-2007, 11:13 AM
Used to be big fan. Not gunna watch his show anymore :(

slantedview
10-18-2007, 11:21 AM
It's comedy, nothing personal. Don't get too worked up about this guys. I know it's hard not to take it personal, but when you're a comedian, you're not making it personal, so why should your viewers? EVERYONE is a target.

jasonhlasvegas2008
10-18-2007, 11:22 AM
I thought it was funny.

BLS
10-18-2007, 11:30 AM
I didn't read all the posts...

But I say we spam his monkey ass with about 10.000 emails.
That outta get him to take notice.

Maybe he'll invite Ron on!

Mandrik
10-18-2007, 11:38 AM
I've always been a huge Conan fan. This is just the typical stuff he likes to do. Sure, this one wasn't all that funny, but not every bit is. Don't sweat it, it's late night comedy.

Besides, who do you all think he'll be talking about when RP is president?

TechnoGuyRob
10-18-2007, 11:46 AM
What's his e-mail?

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
10-18-2007, 11:51 AM
This is just satire about how ridiculous it is that presidential candidates announce their campaigns on talk shows.

It's just an ignorant joke, so I suggest sending friendly emails to get Ron Paul on his show, and it wouldn't hurt to mention he's going to be on Leno.

RonPaulCult
10-18-2007, 12:00 PM
Everybody should send an e-mail saying that if you have Ron Paul on the show your ratings will get a HUGE bump

Johncjackson
10-18-2007, 12:04 PM
What time does he come on again? Yeah.....Yeah....Yeah, not such a good time slot.

Most of the people I know around my age ( late 20s) skip Leno and only watch Conan. Or watch Letterman and then change the channel. Conan is considered "cooler" and more accessible to quirky guests.

He also has a huge "pay or play" deal to replace Leno in 2009. His ratings are strong.

richard1984
10-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Most of the people I know around my age ( late 20s) skip Leno and only watch Conan. Or watch Letterman and then change the channel. Conan is considered "cooler" and more accessible to quirky guests.

He also has a huge "pay or play" deal to replace Leno in 2009. His ratings are strong.

Yeah, unfortunately that's pretty much the case.

Hopefully Conan will feel like an idiot when Ron Paul wins!
And, of course, he's probably really hurt his chances of getting the "Ron Paul bump," too.

So, in response to that clip, fuck Conan!!

r3volution
10-18-2007, 12:16 PM
i use to do stand up , there is an unwritten rule in comedy . nothing and no one is off limits .
besides , his writer's are more to blame at NBC than him .
this is more of a waste of time than BO comment s last night ..

Malakai0
10-18-2007, 12:16 PM
He was bashing everybody, not really directed at Ron specifically.

However he does imply that Ghouliani, Romney, Hillary, Omama, and Dean are the only people "with a shot", in which case I'd call him ignorant. None of these people is fit to run the country. Notta one.

davidhperry
10-18-2007, 12:34 PM
It is just a dumb comedy bit, I wouldn't sweat it.

Agreed 1,000%. To those who are offended by this, can you please tell us exactly why?

1000-points-of-fright
10-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Everyday I begin to agree more with the mainstream that a large percentage of Ron Paul supporters are humorless whiny bitches.

davidhperry
10-18-2007, 12:38 PM

Tell me that came out wrong and you meant to write something different. I certainly hope so. If the media mentions him they MUST praise him?!?

sandersondavis

Yeah ... Indimadation ... so that's what the freedom movement is all about? That's the method Ron Paul uses to spread his message of Peace, Prosperity, and Freedom? Well damn, I learn something new everyday.

OptionsTrader
Wrong sub forum for this thread.

davidhperry
10-18-2007, 12:39 PM
He has a friggin late night show, he is open to public scrutiny. He said what he said and we have every right to tell him he is full of shit.

He needs to have thick skin too.

What would you recommend? I really don't think that emailing them would be effective. For example, if I told you that you were full of shit, would that make you more or less likely to agree with my point of view?

ThePieSwindler
10-18-2007, 12:40 PM
please don't email, goddamnit. Spend that energy emailing myspace friends of Ron Paul to ge them to donate.

winston84
10-18-2007, 12:46 PM
No big deal, I still think Conan is the funniest late night personality.

Mort
10-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Interestingly, if we would not have mentioned RP we would be equally pissed. Conan saying his name will make people go "Who's Ron Paul?" and look into it.

Brutus
10-18-2007, 01:20 PM
I went there expecting to see something awful, and what I saw was pretty run-of-the-mill. Don't worry about this. The two people who were singled out were Thompson and Hunter. Even if they'd singled out Ron, so what? We'll show them when we raise more money and start winning primaries. Until then, be polite, positive and persuasive. Being unable to take a bit of attempted humor doesn't impress people.

Primbs
10-18-2007, 01:22 PM
Interestingly, if we would not have mentioned RP we would be equally pissed. Conan saying his name will make people go "Who's Ron Paul?" and look into it.

It does work for us in a strange way.

Give me liberty
10-18-2007, 01:26 PM
please dont email him ok?

i dont think he was talking about ron paul, but i think he was talking about fred and other lower candidate's.

can a mod close this thread then?
since i dont think he was hurting him in any way, and i have seen the video twice.

bbachtung
10-18-2007, 01:55 PM
I love Conan; I did before the skit and I do now. The guy is funny and irreverent; he used to be the head writer for The Simpsons. He's not part of some conspiracy to get Ron Paul; personally, I wish that the Hunter "supporter" in the audience had been cast as a Ron Paul "supporter."

He is also extremely self-depricating (which is one of the reasons that he has become so successful); I remember him doing a sketch in which he actually went to the Greyhound bus depot (one of the seediest places I've ever seen) in Houston, Texas, because his ratings there were so low and the local NBC affiliate had put his show on at 3 a.m. He sat down at a TV that you feed quarters into to watch TV, and watched his show there. I remember a crazy guy yelling at him when he tried to get the guy to watch his show. Conan is funny, smart, and likely thinks highly of RP.

If you do insist on bothering Conan, the best thing you could do would be to buy some Mrs. Paul's fish sticks and mail them to him care of Late Nite:

Conan O'Brien
c/o Late Night
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112

fourameuphoria
10-18-2007, 01:59 PM
I love Conan; I did before the skit and I do now. The guy is funny and irreverent; he used to be the head writer for The Simpsons. He's not part of some conspiracy to get Ron Paul; personally, I wish that the Hunter "supporter" in the audience had been cast as a Ron Paul "supporter."

He is also extremely self-depricating (which is one of the reasons that he has become so successful); I remember him doing a sketch in which he actually went to the Greyhound bus depot (one of the seediest places I've ever seen) in Houston, Texas, because his ratings there were so low and the local NBC affiliate had put his show on at 3 a.m. He sat down at a TV that you feed quarters into to watch TV, and watched his show there. I remember a crazy guy yelling at him when he tried to get the guy to watch his show. Conan is funny, smart, and likely thinks highly of RP.

If you do insist on bothering Conan, the best thing you could do would be to buy some Mrs. Paul's fish sticks and mail them to him care of Late Nite:

Conan O'Brien
c/o Late Night
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112

Damn good post; I couldn't have said it any better.

stones88
10-18-2007, 02:22 PM
kimmel>>>>>conan

familydog
10-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Talk about a mountain out of a molehill.

speciallyblend
10-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Xanax time:)

Salamando
10-18-2007, 02:52 PM
He practically mentioned all the lower tier candidates, this means nothing. Stop complaining.

0zzy
10-18-2007, 04:35 PM
calm down guys, he doesnt follow politics. hes just randomly talking, trying to fill airtime, and it wasnt too funny. I still think hes funny as hell on the show though.

jacross
10-18-2007, 07:52 PM
It was just a joke everybody. There is a huge difference between this and the serious negative coverage we get.

This thread and the headline of the video makes it out that Conan specifically singled out Ron.

It's bullshit, you all need to get a sense of humour, it is the one thing lacking from the grassroots.

akovacs
10-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Yes, seriously guys, please take this for what it's worth: a joke on a late night talk show. Conan only talks about politics when he can get a laugh out of it. You guys are getting bent out of shape about something trivial.

HOWEVER, definitely send Conan letters, the funnier the better. We can turn this around like he did with Finland and make him a running presence on the show.

V-rod
10-18-2007, 08:08 PM
I stopped watching Conan a year ago, his style got even more stale. Only his show's writers and skits keep the showing interesting.

Craig Ferguson is the King of Late Night in my opinion now.

UCFGavin
10-18-2007, 08:12 PM
conan is funny, and it was a joke :o

Buzz
10-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Don't worry... Conan's humor is extremely liberal and all Republicans are losers who should drop out to liberals. :)