PDA

View Full Version : Houston Chronicle catches on...

Seth M.
10-18-2007, 07:59 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/politics/5223477.html

Quote from the story:
Paul has made withdrawal of troops from Iraq and a criticism of aggressive U.S. foreign policy central themes of his maverick campaign.

Kent Snyder, Paul's campaign chairman, said the contributions were evidence that many in the military agreed with the candidate's position.

"I guess they want to get out of Iraq, too," said Snyder.

Texas A&M political science professor George C. Edwards III attributed support for Obama among the military to the factors that he attracts support from many black voters, and blacks are a bigger proportion of the military than their overall share of the national population.

Edwards, who was a guest professor at West Point for three years, said "an awful lot of people in the military just think this war has been a disaster for the Army."

He said they believe the war has "stretched it thin, used its supplies and has been bad for morale."

"They may be quite upset and this is a way they can do something about it," he said.
-----

I'll be emailing them back in appreciation.. Its about time they saw the light :)

skiingff
10-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Even better quote from story:

"As a Christian, I think [Ron Paul] speaks to a theme that the United States shouldn't be the policeman of the world. I strongly disagree with Republicans who call him anti-military. He spent five years in the military. People in the military have to respect his integrity, whether or not they agree with him on the war."
- Lindell Anderson, retired Army chaplain

"Grona said Paul has been endorsed by the VFW in his congressional races in part because of his support for veterans' benefits."