PDA

View Full Version : Maybe blowing up is too extreme, how about some amputations?

Anti Federalist
10-01-2010, 06:06 PM
From the UK Telegraph comes the following in response to this, now viral, video show in this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=262680

'Go green or we'll kill your kids' says Richard Curtis eco-propaganda shocker

Last updated: October 1st, 2010

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100056510/go-green-or-well-kill-your-kids-says-richard-curtis-eco-propaganda-shocker/

Gillian Anderson, Peter Crouch [a tall footballer], Radiohead, David Ginola [a French footballer] and – above all – Richard Curtis, I salute you! You have just released a video which has entered history as the most emetic, ugly, counterproductive eco-propaganda movie ever made. Believe me this thing is going to go viral beyond your wildest dreams. But unfortunately that virus is ebola. (Hat tips: Barry Woods/Tom Dalton/Pete Hayes/Old Goat/half the civilised world….)

Here’s what the Guardian had to say, excitedly, when it previewed the video yesterday:

Had a look? Well, I’m certain you’ll agree that detonating school kids, footballers and movie stars into gory pulp for ignoring their carbon footprints is attention-grabbing.

It then goes on to quote one or two of the usual suspects, such as this light-hearted, “no we don’t really want to blow up schoolchildren for showing insufficient environmental zeal, that’s just our sense of humour, ha ha ha ha” little missy:

“Doing nothing about climate change is still a fairly common affliction, even in this day and age. What to do with those people, who are together threatening everybody’s existence on this planet? Clearly we don’t really think they should be blown up, that’s just a joke for the mini-movie, but maybe a little amputating would be a good place to start?” jokes 10:10 founder and Age of Stupid film maker Franny Armstrong.

What’s fascinating, reading this kind of thing, is seeing just how far removed from reality the green movement has gone. Kyoto is dead. Copenhagen was a flop. Cancun is going to make a mockery of all those green dreams about global carbon emissions legislation. And how do the environmentalists respond?

By force of argument?

By presenting new evidence which supports their cause?

Nope.

By threatening to blow up anyone who disagrees with them.

And not just that: they believe this is actually an entirely reasonable and rather amusing position to adopt.

This isn’t, of course, the first time green propagandists have inadvertently revealed the murderous misanthropy which lurks behind their cloak of ecological righteousness.

Greenpeace made this nasty one two years ago:

YouTube - Angry Kid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY7875_rv1s&feature=player_embedded)

And let’s not forget this little charmer produced last year by those cuddly, panda-hugging souls at the World Wildlife Fund.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/files/2010/10/wwfposter1.jpg

But with this new monstrosity, truly the great Richard Curtis has excelled himself. It’s so bad, it makes his previous shimmering masterpieces of emetica – Love Actually, The Girl In The Cafe, The Boat That Rocked – look like Battleship Potemkin. It makes the Vicar of Dibley look like a collaboration between Oscar Wilde and Shakespeare. It’s so deliciously, unspeakably, magnificently bleeding awful it makes you wish that the man could be given a ticker tape parade in every major capital city, in gratitude for the devastating damage he has (unwittingly) wrought on the eco-fascist cause.

But don’t just take it from me. Judge for yourself from the comments so far on Youtube. When I looked at midnight last night, it had been viewed 400 times. Already it’s well past 10,000 views. And the majority of commenters who’ve seen it are so utterly appalled, they’re saying things like:

“Have just left my car running facing the plants. They are crying.”

and

“My hot water is gas so every time I turn on the tap I can go outside and watch the emissions pouring out of the unit. Red button this, bitches.”

I think we get the message.

UPDATE: Another major celebrity has announced that he shares the concerns of Richard Curtis and the 10/10 campaign. Step forward: Osama Bin Laden. (Hat tip: Mark Wallace)

AFP – Osama bin Laden has expressed concern about global climate change and flooding in Pakistan, in an audiotape aired on the Internet, his first public remarks since March, a monitoring group said Friday. “The number of victims caused by climate change is very big… bigger than the victims of wars,” said the voice, whose authenticity could not be immediately verified and made available by SITE Intelligence Group.

awake
10-01-2010, 06:12 PM
I read this movement quite a lot... it isn't in anyway benign. Environmentalism is perfectly fine if it is kept to your own property, it metastasizes once it seeks alliance with the government.