PDA

View Full Version : Florida Representative Alan Grayson (D) Digs Himself a Hole

FrankRep
10-01-2010, 10:11 AM
http://www.thenewamerican.com/images/stories/alangrayson-t-ap.001.jpg

Florida Representative Alan Grayson has resorted to fact distortion in order to win the election to the House. In a a political advertisement put out by Grayson, the deceptive Democrat attempted to equate his Republican challenger Daniel Webster to the Taliban for his allegedly “fanatical religious beliefs,” but unfortunately for Grayson, FactCheck.org did its homework and uncovered Grayson's ruse. by Raven Clabough

Florida Representative Alan Grayson Digs Himself a Hole (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/4755-florida-representative-grayson-digs-himself-a-hole)

Raven Clabough | The New American (http://www.thenewamerican.com/)
01 October 2010

Perhaps sensing an inability to defeat his opponent based on the issues, Florida Representative Alan Grayson has resorted to fact distortion in an attempt to win the reelection to the House. In a a political advertisement put out by Grayson, the deceptive Democrat attempted to equate his Republican challenger, former state Senator Daniel Webster, to the Taliban for his allegedly “fanatical religious beliefs.” Unfortunately for Grayson, FactCheck.org did its homework and uncovered Grayson's ruse.
Grayson's political advertisement manipulated video footage of Daniel Webster to make it appear Webster was commanding wives to submit to their husbands, quoting a passage in the Bible. The ad shows the clip a total of four times. According to FactCheck.org, however, “Webster was cautioning husbands to avoid taking that passage as their own. The unedited quote is: 'Don't pick the that say, 'She should submit to me.''”

Webster appeared on Fox News to clarify the issue:

“I was talking about the idea of praying for your wife, but don't pray to her the verses that say 'Submit to me' because that's her responsibility. You as a man, as a father, and as a husband have responsibility. So I was saying you focus on your responsibility, not on hers.”

Full video footage reveals Webster counseling husbands by instructing them to choose Biblical verses that address the role of the husband, such as “Love your wife even as Christ loved the church and gave himself for it.”

Webster's wife, Sandy Webster, responded to the ludicrous claims made by Grayson that Webster was comparable to the Taliban based on his alleged marital views on yesterday's episode of Fox & Friends on the Fox News Channel:

He was encouraging men to love their wives and [Grayson] totally took it out of context because he was trying to teach men to pray for their wives and what to pray and how to love their wives more everyday. It's being portrayed that we should be some subservient slaves or something but that's just untrue.

Sadly, Grayson's campaign manager Susannah Randolph attempted to justify the advertisement by refocusing attention on Webster's record of “social conservatism.”

“Webster's record on women is starting to get out there. As soon as they realize he sponsored a bill to outlaw divorce, opposes abortion in cases of rape and incest, and voted for cuts in funding to domestic violence shelters, they'll see he's incredibly anti-women.”

Ironically, Webster has the lead over Grayson when it comes to female voters. Jim Lee, president of Voter Survey Service, indicates, “[Women] really loathe [Grayson].” Sunshine State News reports, “With Grayson's 33/53 favorable/unfavorable rating among women, Webster's lead among females is much stronger (45/33 over Grayson) compared to a statistical tie (41/40 Webster) among males.”

Democratic and Republican voters alike have come out against Grayson for his false allegations, calling his actions “a disgrace.” In fact, the advertisement has cost Grayson 7 points in the polls, according to the Weekly Standard:

“It turns out smearing your mainstream Republican, Baptist opponent as Talibanesque by altering video footage of him doesn't play that well in a moderate House district or among Independents. Thanks to his ridiculous rhetoric and just-released 'Taliban Dan' ad, Representative Grayson is now running seven points behind Republican Dan Webster, according to a Sunshine State poll.”

The poll shows Webster ahead of Grayson, 43 to 36 percent. As it currently stands, Grayson is now more unpopular in the state of Florida than President Obama.

Likewise, since the discovery of Grayson's despicable stunt, Webster has managed to raise an additional $70,000.

Perhaps most impressive is the immediate condemnation of Grayson from even liberal outlets like the Annenberg Public Policy Center and the Orlando Sentinel.

Andy Sere of the National Republican Congressional Committee contends that because of Grayson's actions, the Central Florida district is “ripe for a Republican pick-up,” asserting that “a large swath of independents and conservative Democrats will hand him a resounding defeat in November.”

According to FreedomWorks, Grayson has “drawn the ire” of the Tea Parties through his controversial rhetoric, style and television ads. Tom Gaitens of Florida's FreedomWorks claims, “Grayson is an obnoxious antagonist to Tea Partiers ... he's probably the biggest lightning rod-type candidate in the nation.”

[B]SOURCE:
http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/4755-florida-representative-grayson-digs-himself-a-hole

Toureg89
10-01-2010, 10:55 AM
i feel dissappointed that he is from my state :(

CUnknown
10-01-2010, 11:26 AM
i feel dissappointed that he is from my state :(

Don't be. He's for auditing the Fed and ending the wars. He's a strong ally of this movement, he works with Dr. Paul all the time in the House.

JohnEngland
10-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Don't be. He's for auditing the Fed and ending the wars. He's a strong ally of this movement, he works with Dr. Paul all the time in the House.

That may be so, but he's an utterly detestable human being.

RileyE104
10-01-2010, 12:02 PM
That may be so, but he's an utterly detestable human being.

I doubt he was being serious with his Taliban Ad.. I watched it and it seemed more like Grayson's version of dark humor to me; which I tend to like.
Sorta like that time he called that one banker woman a 'K-Street Whore'.

Even if he was serious, so what? Grayson is great in Congress, especially when he questions the bankers. No one else comes as close to him doing that except for RP.

If Democrats had more people in power like Grayson / Trafficant / Kucinich / Gravel / McDonald - we would live in a better country.

Daamien
10-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Greyson isn't perfect, but his brand of Progressivism actually seeks to work with the liberty movement.

driege
10-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Greyson isn't perfect, but his brand of Progressivism actually seeks to work with the liberty movement.

He is a piece of shit. Watch the videos below in order and you will realize how big of a piece of scum Grayson is. I'm glad he supported a few issues, but I'd rather have almost anyone in office than him. What a douche.

Here is what Webster actually said:

YouTube - Alan Grayson vs. The Truth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZGCtU3qh9s&feature=player_embedded)

Here is Grayson's Ad:

YouTube - AD: "Taliban Dan Webster" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvB-mHXcWzg&feature=player_embedded)

When called on his BS (on MSNBC no less!) he defended it:

YouTube - Alan Grayson defends 'Taliban Dan' Ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nndt0jMoGds&feature=player_embedded)

RoyalShock
10-01-2010, 12:21 PM
I'm really struggling to grasp the concept that a man who uses and defends slander and deception to get elected can be a friend of liberty.

surf
10-01-2010, 12:30 PM
anti-war, anti-fed. i'll give him props for this. i'd guess he's pro-pot as well. i know he's pro-a-lot-of-stupid-shit also, but don't hate on him.

see his video on daily paul about foreclosures and remember he's the one with the video about us owning Red Roof Inns.

klamath
10-01-2010, 12:41 PM

No he is NOT a strong ally. Yeaw he is for ending the wars yet for his political gain he uses the fanatical stand of the taliban to get at his opponent. That will sure convince the public to stop fighting the wars.:rolleyes: Grayson is in it for grayson.
He didn't put nearly the effort into getting the democrats to back audit the fed as he did demonizing RP and the republicans to get Obama care passed. With allies like him who needs friends.:rolleyes: