PDA

View Full Version : Rick Scott 49% Alex Stink 43%

itshappening
10-01-2010, 07:52 AM
Republican Rick Scott holds a 49 - 43 percent lead over State Chief Financial Officer Alex Sink, the Democrat, in the race to become Florida's next governor, according to today's Quinnipiac University poll of likely voters whose overall low opinion of President Barack Obama appears to be dragging Sink down.

Scott's lead comes despite a television advertising campaign that voters say they find annoying, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University survey, conducted by live interviewers, finds. This first likely voter general election survey in Florida in this election cycle can not be compared with prior surveys of registered voters.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1297.xml?ReleaseID=1510

tjeffersonsghost
10-01-2010, 08:12 AM
There is no choice in this race. You have Rick Scott who was happy to swindle billions of tax payer dollars and you have Sink who is in the back pocket of the bankers and lost Floridians billions of dollars. Is none of the above an option?

Stary Hickory
10-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Lawl title says "Stink" that on purpose?

Stary Hickory
10-01-2010, 08:44 AM
There is no choice in this race. You have Rick Scott who was happy to swindle billions of tax payer dollars and you have Sink who is in the back pocket of the bankers and lost Floridians billions of dollars. Is none of the above an option?

What about the vote on Health Care..I love how that is a non issue with so many here.

tjeffersonsghost
10-01-2010, 08:48 AM
What about the vote on Health Care..I love how that is a non issue with so many here.

To repeal it? Im confused...

Stary Hickory
10-01-2010, 08:53 AM

Sure to repeal and did they support it in the first place. Support for the HC bill is a huge issue since the bill does not enter into real effect until 2014. There is time and a way to stop this monstosity before it begins.

People love to complain about all the big social programs yet so many just kinda don't care to try and stop yet a HUGE program such as this one when the opportunity is there to do so. We wonder why we have Social Security, Medicare, Public Schools...and so on, all you have to do is look at the apparent lack of concern here to see how it happened in the past.

There is an opportunity to get rid of this before it even gets underway.

Stary Hickory
10-01-2010, 08:55 AM

And don't act confused...you basically say there is no diff between these candidates when there are (more than likely) differences that really matter..like the HC bill, or even foreign policy.

Guitarzan
10-01-2010, 08:59 AM

Did Scott go to jail over what you call his "swindling" of taxpayer money? Did you know Scott is a self made man? I'll gladly take a successful private sector businessman who is promising to cut the bureaucracy over a life long public sector parasite, even if what you say is absolutely true.

tjeffersonsghost
10-01-2010, 09:00 AM
And don't act confused...you basically say there is no diff between these candidates when there are (more than likely) differences that really matter..like the HC bill, or even foreign policy.

Ok, this is for Florida Governor, so what does this have to do with the Federal HC bill or foreign policy? Even if this were for Senate I don't really see much of a difference. I think they both would be for the warfare state, banker bailouts, and healthcare bailouts.

tjeffersonsghost
10-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Did Scott go to jail over what you call his "swindling" of taxpayer money? Did you know Scott is a self made man? I'll gladly take a successful private sector businessman who is promising to cut the bureaucracy over a life long public sector parasite, even if what you say is absolutely true.

Did any of the bankers go to jail for swindling money? They are self made too....

Guitarzan
10-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Did any of the bankers go to jail for swindling money? They are self made too....

Rick Scott isn't a banker. He started a business that grew to become the largest in its market in the state of Florida. Is he perfect? I don't think so, but for you to say there's no difference between him and a Democrat that most likely hasn't ever worked in the private sector is ludicrous.

Do you even live in Florida? Have you investigated these candidates yourself, or are you just going by what the "news" tells you?

tjeffersonsghost
10-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Rick Scott isn't a banker. He started a business that grew to become the largest in its market in the state of Florida. Is he perfect? I don't think so, but for you to say there's no difference between him and a Democrat that most likely hasn't ever worked in the private sector is ludicrous.

Do you even live in Florida? Have you investigated these candidates yourself, or are you just going by what the "news" tells you?

I do live in Florida, I live in S Florida. His company was the largest healthcare company. He was later ousted from the board after the biggest healthcare fraud scandal. They settled for $1.7 billion in fines which says to me the fraud itself was at least 10x that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Scott

Hey, Alex sink is no better. She worked at Bank of America heading the Florida operations. She went on to be the Florida CFO who lost billions of dollars for Florida taxpayers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Sink

Yeah, Ive done my research. As I stated I don't want either of them. They are both crooks and I dont do lesser of two evils because one has an R and the other a D.

TNforPaul45
10-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Dang. That Stinks.

Guitarzan
10-01-2010, 09:29 AM
I do live in Florida, I live in S Florida. His company was the largest healthcare company. He was later ousted from the board after the biggest healthcare fraud scandal. They settled for $1.7 billion in fines which says to me the fraud itself was at least 10x that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Scott

Hey, Alex sink is no better. She worked at Bank of America heading the Florida operations. She went on to be the Florida CFO who lost billions of dollars for Florida taxpayers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Sink

Yeah, Ive dont my research. As I stated I don't want either of them. They are both crooks and I dont do lesser of two evils because one has an R and the other a D.

Ohhhh...lol, you did your quick wiki research!!!1 Alrighty then. You sit out this one. Scott has my vote and I firmly believe that he will be the best governor, from a conservative standpoint, Florida has seen in quite a while.

tjeffersonsghost
10-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Ohhhh...lol, you did your quick wiki research!!!1 Alrighty then. You sit out this one. Scott has my vote and I firmly believe that he will be the best governor, from a conservative standpoint, Florida has seen in quite a while.

Was anything that I said not true? Please point out anything that I said that is false. Go ahead and vote for a tax payer thief, I have a feeling you would vote for Lloyd Blankfein if he had an R next to his name and drove a truck... He swindled billions of tax dollars and was self made also. He didnt go to jail either, he's right up your alley.

Guitarzan
10-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Was anything that I said not true? Please point out anything that I said that is false. Go ahead and vote for a tax payer thief, I have a feeling you would vote for Lloyd Blankfein if he had an R next to his name and drove a truck...

No sir, I don't think anything you said was necessarily untrue. But the way you frame your argument suggests that Rick Scott is 100% to blame for the biggest fraud in history, akin to Madoff. You sound like a Democratic operative collecting info for an attack ad for Alex Sink. Rick Scott was never personally prosecuted, his company paid the fine and that's that. He has explained the issue over and over, and taken much of the responsibility for not having better auditing measures, which you fail to ever mention.

The establishment WANTS us to focus on just what you're focusing on, rather than his platform as governor, which, I must say, is pretty darn good if you're a conservative.

tjeffersonsghost
10-01-2010, 09:51 AM
No sir, I don't think anything you said was necessarily untrue. But the way you frame your argument suggests that Rick Scott is 100% to blame for the biggest fraud in history, akin to Madoff. You sound like a Democratic operative collecting info for an attack ad for Alex Sink. Rick Scott was never personally prosecuted, his company paid the fine and that's that. He has explained the issue over and over, and taken much of the responsibility for not having better auditing measures, which you fail to ever mention.

The establishment WANTS us to focus on just what you're focusing on, rather than his platform as governor, which, I must say, is pretty darn good if you're a conservative.

Democratic operative? LOL. I made it very clear my first post I am not voting for either and I stated why Im not voting for either. Sounds to me like work for the Rick Scott Campaign. He's based in Tampa if I remember right....

The establishment "wants" us to focus on tax theft? Fine, Ill be glad too. We have enough thieves in power, I dont want anymore and Sink and Scott are just two more thieves.