PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Hood soldiers being forced to report their privately owned guns

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
10-01-2010, 04:15 AM
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=209557

Pericles
10-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Oath Keeper issue - need officers who do their jobs.

oyarde
10-04-2010, 01:34 PM
This was required at some duty stations overeas as far back as the early 80's . There was no penalty though for non compliance .

Pericles
10-04-2010, 01:48 PM
This was required at some duty stations overeas as far back as the early 80's . There was no penalty though for non compliance .

Yeah, I had to register all of my stuff in Germany, but I lived off post on the German economy, but I got arsenal rates, after 10 or 12 or whatever it was, the other registrations were free.

Only the guys in the barracks had to keep them in the arms room, but I told the armorer that he was not to restrict access to the privately owned firearms - his job was storage only. But then, i was one of those officers that believes in the Constitution.

oyarde
10-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Yeah, I had to register all of my stuff in Germany, but I lived off post on the German economy, but I got arsenal rates, after 10 or 12 or whatever it was, the other registrations were free.

Only the guys in the barracks had to keep them in the arms room, but I told the armorer that he was not to restrict access to the privately owned firearms - his job was storage only. But then, i was one of those officers that believes in the Constitution.

I never kept anything in the arms room simply because the armorer lived off post ( as I did ) . I did keep a shotgun at a gunclub , remainder at my home , but most back in the states .