PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Attorneys: President Can Legally Kill Any American

FrankRep
09-30-2010, 11:08 AM
http://www.thenewamerican.com/images/stories/US_9_10/2620-coverstory.jpg (http://www.shopjbs.org/index.php/tna/subscriptions/1-year-standard-subscription.html)
The New American Magazine on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-New-American-Magazine/146909368666979)

When the President orders American citizens killed without trial, Obama's attorneys bluntly argued in a September 25 brief before the U.S. District Court in the District of Columbia on Nasser al Aulaqi, these are not crimes but “non-justiciable political questions.” by Thomas R. Eddlem

Obama's Attorneys: President Can Legally Kill Any American (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/constitution/4743-obamas-attorneys-president-can-legally-kill-any-american)

Thomas R. Eddlem | The New American (http://www.thenewamerican.com/)
30 September 2010

Matt Collins
09-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Due process? Since when did that matter?

I think Hitler said the same thing didn't he (that the state can kill anyone they deem necessary without trial)?

Whoops... Godwin's law.

dean.engelhardt
09-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Isn't the Nobel Peace prize a license to kill?

Original_Intent
09-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Thanks for posting that. Depressing as hell, but thanks for the heads up.

One small step from the President having the right to do this to his "duly authorised representatives" being able to.

surf
09-30-2010, 11:23 AM

ha ha

Cowlesy
09-30-2010, 11:25 AM

Hah, I was going to write something about the Nobel Peace prize.

Glad all those crunchy-granola left-wingers out there are still backing him yelling, "OH BAH MAHHHH. YES WE CAN!"

xd9fan
09-30-2010, 11:56 AM
Obama and his douche bags better remember that the 2nd Amendment isnt about hunting deer either.......

keep swingin your dick obama.....

Anti Federalist
09-30-2010, 12:58 PM
I guess everybody's WTF ration has been used up along with mine.

That this is not being screamed from the rooftops of every building across the land only indicates just how much trouble we are in.

But the executive branch claiming executive privilege to kill anybody it wants isn't a threat.

Three hundred armed citizens exercising their rights is a threat.

Philhelm
09-30-2010, 01:13 PM
I guess everybody's WTF ration has been used up along with mine.

That this is not being screamed from the rooftops of every building across the land only indicates just how much trouble we are in.

But the executive branch claiming executive privilege to kill anybody it wants isn't a threat.

Three hundred armed citizens exercising their rights is a threat.

Heh, I know what you mean. I think at this point, every treachery is viewed with stoicism, since everything we see developing is of no surprise.

heavenlyboy34
09-30-2010, 01:15 PM
I thought the Bush regime already established this, but I'm not surprised. Collapsing empires tend to have a need to silence dissent.

erowe1
09-30-2010, 01:24 PM
This is a good article for wide distribution.

Share it with the left to help them wake up about their hope and change.

Share it with the tea parties and try to get them to agree that it's bad.

Pericles
09-30-2010, 02:47 PM
"Its not illegal when the President does it." Richard Nixon

RedStripe
09-30-2010, 03:37 PM
It's not often that I praise a New American article posted by Frankrep, but in this case it most certainly deserves it. This entire concept of assassinating citizens... and then trying to claim that it is not only legal but beyond judicial oversight is incredibly disturbing.

If I may, I'd like to point out something even more disturbing. This isn't about the personal opinions of the government attorneys (they might privately be opposed to such policies - ok that's a stretch) or even the opinions of Obama. This has nothing to do with leadership, political parties, political agendas, or anything like that. This is just the way the machine operates - it's constantly searching for more power. I'm not worried about dictatorship, as the word is typically used. This is larger than one person or one person's goal of power; this is a systematic tyranny. This is about massive, interlocking institutions with their own internal hierarchies, politics, etc. The really scary thing is that no one is actually in control. The machine is just running on its own momentum at this point.

nobody's_hero
09-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Due process? Since when did that matter?

I think Hitler said the same thing didn't he (that the state can kill anyone they deem necessary without trial)?

Whoops... Godwin's law.

Does Godwin's law still apply if you substitute Stalin for Hitler? I've always wondered.

nate895
09-30-2010, 04:24 PM
King John wasn't this bad. He only threw you in the gaol.

Yes, I used the archaic spelling.

Original_Intent
09-30-2010, 05:45 PM
It's not often that I praise a New American article posted by Frankrep, but in this case it most certainly deserves it. This entire concept of assassinating citizens... and then trying to claim that it is not only legal but beyond judicial oversight is incredibly disturbing.

If I may, I'd like to point out something even more disturbing. This isn't about the personal opinions of the government attorneys (they might privately be opposed to such policies - ok that's a stretch) or even the opinions of Obama. This has nothing to do with leadership, political parties, political agendas, or anything like that. This is just the way the machine operates - it's constantly searching for more power. I'm not worried about dictatorship, as the word is typically used. This is larger than one person or one person's goal of power; this is a systematic tyranny. This is about massive, interlocking institutions with their own internal hierarchies, politics, etc. The really scary thing is that no one is actually in control. The machine is just running on its own momentum at this point.

I don't think I have seen the accidental vs. the conspiratorial view of history illustrated half so well by any conspiracy theorist. Thank you.

Brooklyn Red Leg
09-30-2010, 06:34 PM
The media's deafening silence on this REALLY pisses me off. I have been searching off and on over the last few hours trying to locate this elsewhere. Not on CNN.com, MSNBC.com or Huffingtonpost.com. What the FUCK is going on here that the fucking left-leaning sheeple DON'T get that this is dangerous as hell? :mad:

devil21
09-30-2010, 06:41 PM
"Yes We Can....sneak into your house and shoot you in the head three times and then get it filed as a suicide."

Another reason why everyone should be armed. If they're going to whack you then you better take a couple with you.

RedStripe
09-30-2010, 07:32 PM
I don't think I have seen the accidental vs. the conspiratorial view of history illustrated half so well by any conspiracy theorist. Thank you.

You're welcome.

RedStripe
09-30-2010, 07:33 PM
The media's deafening silence on this REALLY pisses me off. I have been searching off and on over the last few hours trying to locate this elsewhere. Not on CNN.com, MSNBC.com or Huffingtonpost.com. What the FUCK is going on here that the fucking left-leaning sheeple DON'T get that this is dangerous as hell? :mad:

Last I checked Americans were pretty far from left-leaning.

Brooklyn Red Leg
09-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Last I checked Americans were pretty far from left-leaning.

Bah! I meant the O-bots. :p

Chieppa1
09-30-2010, 09:11 PM
I posted this somewhere, and I get this response:

"wait....but anwar is not a U.S. citizen, his father is...so what's the point?"

Noob
10-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Let's move for Impechment

Obama Planning to Murder American Citizens. A Call to Impeach Obama

The Obama administration has compiled a list of Americans citizens who it is planning to assassinate without trial, charges or due process. Never before in American history has an Executive claimed this power. This completes the eradication of the Sixth Amendment of the Bill of Rights which began on November 5, 2002, when President George W. Bush carried out the extra-judicial execution of American citizen Mr. Kamal Derwish in Yemen, by Predator drone attack, as he traveled in a vehicle with 6 alleged Al Qaeda operatives. The Obama administration has now clearly articulated and enshrined the power to assassinate Americans by executive fiat, related in a January 27, 2009 Washington Post report by Dana Priest:

"After the Sept. 11 attacks, Bush gave the CIA, and later the military, authority to kill U.S. citizens abroad if strong evidence existed that an American was involved in organizing or carrying out terrorist actions against the United States or U.S. interests, military and intelligence officials said. The evidence has to meet a certain, defined threshold. The person, for instance, has to pose "a continuing and imminent threat to U.S. persons and interests," said one former intelligence official.

The Obama administration has adopted the same stance. If a U.S. citizen joins al-Qaeda, "it doesn't really change anything from the standpoint of whether we can target them," a senior administration official said. "They are then part of the enemy."

Both the CIA and the JSOC maintain lists of individuals, called "High Value Targets" and "High Value Individuals," whom they seek to kill or capture. The JSOC list includes three Americans, including Aulaqi, whose name was added late last year. As of several months ago, the CIA list included three U.S. citizens, and an intelligence official said that Aulaqi's name has now been added."

The parents of New Mexico-born Anwar Aulaqi, one of the men on the list, are pleading with the government that their son is innocent and not to murder him. The father told CNN: "I am now afraid of what they will do with my son, he's not Osama Bin Laden, they want to make something out of him that he's not." The father states that with time he can contact his son, who is traveling in Yemen, and prevail upon him to submit himself to the authorities, "but the problem is they are not giving me time."

The Bush administration's extrajudicial execution of Kamal Derwish drew outcries from Constitutional advocates, which were ignored in the fresh post-9/11 climate. Mr. Derwish was traveling with 6 alleged Al Qeada operatives in a car in Yemen when a U.S. drone strike killed all aboard. Then-Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice stated to the press: “I can assure you that no constitutional questions are raised here.” Since that time, no direct and unambiguous statement has been made by the Executive Branch on the claim of authority to execute US citizens without charge or trial, until now. The Obama administration has clearly erased the distinction between a foreign national and a US citizen where allegations of terrorism are involved, and has acknowledged the existence of a list of primary "targets" which includes American citizens.

This places President Obama in clear and direct violation of his Oath of Office to "uphold, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States," the duty which overrides all other duties of the president. This marks the first time a US president has asserted the right to murder any American citizen upon an executive order. This is a power which, left unchallenged, will now pass down to every president elected in the future.

http://dailypaul.com/node/124048

fedup100
10-01-2010, 11:23 AM
The Founders advised the citizenry do the same in reverse when Tyranny raises it's head, problem is "the ^***** from no where" will do it and the sheeple wont.

Remember, they said the american will not fire on his own, now you know why you have a foreigner sitting in the white house.

osan
10-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Isn't the Nobel Peace prize a license to kill murder?

There, fixed that for you.

Noob
11-23-2010, 03:54 AM
Impeachment!!

Impeach for Peace researched a method for impeaching a President, Vice President, or any other power abusing federal official using a little known and rarely used part of the Rules of the House of Representatives ("Jefferson’s Manual"). This document actually empowers individual citizens to initiate the impeachment process themselves.

http://impeachforpeace.org/ImpeachNow.html

moostraks
11-23-2010, 08:20 AM

Most believe that if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear and that this is not incensing everyone to be as up in arms as a TSA strip search does tells you that this is just not affecting enough people to be noteworthy to them. Only those who know very well what it is like to be targeted by their own government or have seen government abuse first hand are the ones paying attention and worried about the potential use....

Just to be clear: IF you are here arguing against potential abuse you fall in the category of a targeted member of society per the MIAC report.

Agorism
11-23-2010, 09:01 AM
Has he actually killed any Americans?

I don't know if poor interpretations are grounds for impeachment. He would need to actually kill one probably.

moostraks
11-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Has he actually killed any Americans?

I don't know if poor interpretations are grounds for impeachment. He would need to actually kill one probably.

Poor interpretations???:confused:

Agorism
11-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Poor interpretations???:confused:

But he hasn't actually done anything yet. It's just freedom of speech at this point.

I don't know how you impeach for that.

moostraks
11-23-2010, 09:45 AM
But he hasn't actually done anything yet. It's just freedom of speech at this point.

I don't know how you impeach for that.

So if I make arrangements to have you killed but haven't accomplished it yet is that still freedom of speech?

devil21
11-23-2010, 03:35 PM
So if I make arrangements to have you killed but haven't accomplished it yet is that still freedom of speech?

That's called Conspiracy to Commit Murder and comes with a hefty jail sentence for any commoner.

presence
03-07-2013, 05:45 PM
#standwithrand