PDA

View Full Version : Out-of-Control City Councilwoman Bullies, Intimidates

libertybrewcity
09-29-2010, 02:09 PM
YouTube - Council Member MELTDOWN Highlights - Vancouver City, WA (9.13.10) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_8HgrM4LcE)

Email her and tell her how "disgraceful" she is! if you feel that way:)
jeanne@jeanneharris.com
Jeanne.Harris@ci.vancouver.wa.us
Here is a list of her endorsements:

* Vancouver Firefighters IAFF Local 452
* Vancouver Councilmember Larry Smith
* Vancouver Councilmember Pat Jollota
* First Citizen and Retired State Representative Val Ogden
* Dan Ogden
* First Citizen and Retired State Senator 49th District Al Bauer
* State Rep 49th District Jim Moeller
* State Rep 49th District Jim Jacks
* State Senator 49th District Craig Pridemore
* State Rep 17th District Tim Probst
* Mayor of Battle Ground Mike Ciraulo
* Mayor of Ridgefield Ron Onslow
* Mayor of Washougal Stacee Sellers
* Port of Vancouver Commissioner Nancy Baker
* County Commissioner Steve Stuart
* Fire District 6 Commissioner Casey Collins
* Sue Collins
* Parks Commissioner Roy Heikkala
* Retired Ctran Coach operator John Sannes
* Vancouver First Citizen John White
* First Citizen's Ed and Dollie Lynch
* First Citizen and Former Mayor of Vancouver Bruce Hagensen
* First Citizen and owner of Beaches Restaurant Mark Matthias
* President of the Vancouver Downtown Association Lee Coulthard
* Don and Paula Gardner
* First Citizen Mitch Bower Jr
* The Sierra Club
* Amalgamated Transit Union Local 75
* Vancouver Firefighters Local 452
* National Women’s Political Caucus
* IBEW Local 48
* Kris Greene
* The Vancouver Voice

Sola_Fide
09-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Oh the absolute gall....

I would have to fight back the urge to punch her:) I wouldn't do it obviously...but the thought would cross my mind.

Lord Xar
09-29-2010, 02:37 PM
she obviously has stability issues.

robert9712000
09-29-2010, 02:46 PM
The only respectable council member up there was Jeanne Stewart , If i lived in Vancouver id boot Jeanne Harris and Timothy Leavitt out and vote for Stewart as Mayor

newyearsrevolution08
09-29-2010, 02:49 PM
what a bitch

angelatc
09-29-2010, 03:03 PM
What an awesome plan! No personal accountability!

People like her are the people that are in charge - because they crave the position.

Eroberer
09-29-2010, 03:49 PM
The mayor is scared of her.

I would not have taken that like the man representing.

nate895
09-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Ah, my city!!!

FrankRep
09-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Committee investigating Vancouver Councilwoman Jeanne Harris to meet Thursday (http://www.oregonlive.com/clark-county/index.ssf/2010/09/committee_investigating_vancouver_councilwoman_har ris_to_meet_thursday.html)

The Oregonian
September 28, 2010

The committee formed to investigate Vancouver Councilwoman Jeanne Harris for a series of hostile exchange during a City Council meeting will meet for the first time on Thursday.

The committee, made up of councilmen Larry Smith, Jack Burkman and Pat Campbell, will meet at 4 p.m. in the City Council chambers in City Hall, 210 E. 13th St. The meeting is open to the public.

The committee was formed after Smith and Burkman filed a complaint alleging Harris had not treated fellow council members with dignity and respect as required by the council's code of ethics.

PatriotOne
09-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Wowser. I don't know whether to be impressed or shocked at the control showed by the citizen's. I doubt I would have been so respectful to that rude b**ch if she talked to me like that. In fact I'm sure I wouldn't have.

PatriotOne
09-29-2010, 07:28 PM
Committee investigating Vancouver Councilwoman Jeanne Harris to meet Thursday (http://www.oregonlive.com/clark-county/index.ssf/2010/09/committee_investigating_vancouver_councilwoman_har ris_to_meet_thursday.html)

The Oregonian
September 28, 2010

The committee formed to investigate Vancouver Councilwoman Jeanne Harris for a series of hostile exchange during a City Council meeting will meet for the first time on Thursday.

The committee, made up of councilmen Larry Smith, Jack Burkman and Pat Campbell, will meet at 4 p.m. in the City Council chambers in City Hall, 210 E. 13th St. The meeting is open to the public.

The committee was formed after Smith and Burkman filed a complaint alleging Harris had not treated fellow council members with dignity and respect as required by the council's code of ethics.

Only concerned with the dignity and respect of the fellow council....not the public I guess. I have a feeling this might become an opponent's commercial when she's up for election next time though :).

specsaregood
09-29-2010, 07:30 PM
Only concerned with the dignity and respect of the fellow council....not the public I guess. I have a feeling this might become an opponent's commercial when she's up for election next time though :).

You have commercials in your neck of the woods for city council positions?

Natalie
09-29-2010, 07:31 PM
What a bitch.

silus
09-29-2010, 07:46 PM
At the end of the video...Love how she gave a lecture on how to treat people.

Mike4Freedom
09-29-2010, 07:50 PM
People need to bring back the lost art of tar and feathering.

Anti Federalist
09-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Whether it's a cop, a councilperson or a congress, that pretty much sums up what the ruling class thinks of us Mundanes.

angelatc
09-29-2010, 07:53 PM
The mayor is scared of her.

I would not have taken that like the man representing.

Yeah! After I watched it again, I thought "Isn't he running the meeting? Who is she to tell him to bring the gavel down?"

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
09-29-2010, 07:58 PM
On top of sending e-mail to this witch of the west we should also send some words of support for the council woman who stood up for the citizens asking why they could not speak.

pcosmar
09-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Not impressed.
I've seen the Detroit City Counsel.

I suppose petty bureaucrats are the same everywhere.

amy31416
09-29-2010, 08:20 PM
YouTube - Pt.1 Jeanne Harris/Lars Larson Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_WL1CRC33Y&annotation_id=annotation_632580&feature=iv)

YouTube - Pt. 2 Jeanne Harris/Lars Larson Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnu4Y2IbuTU&NR=1)

Local--that's how we weed 'em out. She needs to go, and if the local community has any brains, she'll be out.

james1906
09-29-2010, 08:22 PM
This fall on CBS, two ladies on a small town city council, and all they have in common is their name, it's the Jousting Jeannes, Mondays after How I Met Your Mother, only on CBS.

I will give that Harris cunt credit. At least she's honest with opinions of the peons.

Mayor Leavitt, get your balls out of the jar under Harris' bed and smack that bitch with the gavel.

Danke
09-29-2010, 08:23 PM
I think that was the lady that preformed dominatrix services last time I was in Vancouver.

Danke
09-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Local--that's how we weed 'em out. She needs to go, and if the local community has any brains, she'll be out.

She apologized. And she made some good points. I forgive her.

Fredom101
09-29-2010, 08:37 PM
....and you wonder why many of us here are anarchists. What a clusterfuck!

Anti Federalist
09-29-2010, 08:37 PM
I think that was the lady that preformed dominatrix services last time I was in Vancouver.

Nah, pretty sure it was this one:

http://videolamer.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/dominatrix.jpg

Danke
09-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Nah, pretty sure it was this one:

She doesn't look familiar, got her number?

Agorism
09-29-2010, 08:50 PM
I feel sorry for that lady's kids...

Anti Federalist
09-29-2010, 08:51 PM
she doesn't look familiar, got her number?

867-5309 :p

Chester Copperpot
09-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Heres my email I just sent

I think you might want to read the constitution and fully understand your place in government as the servant of the people and not as the master of the people.

As a public servant you took an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States. Censoring a citizens free speech clearly violated this oath.

If you dont understand this then you should resign.

Danke
09-29-2010, 08:53 PM
867-5309 :p

I understand, you're embarressed, just PM me it.

Chester Copperpot
09-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Yeah! After I watched it again, I thought "Isn't he running the meeting? Who is she to tell him to bring the gavel down?"

Its looks to me like shes fucking him...

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-29-2010, 09:11 PM
On page one I was thinking... this:

Wowser. I don't know whether to be impressed or shocked at the control showed by the citizen's. I doubt I would have been so respectful to that rude b**ch if she talked to me like that. In fact I'm sure I wouldn't have.

But by page four I was thinking you two are cracking me the hell up...

lol :D

Anti Federalist
09-29-2010, 09:11 PM

Embarrassed? Shit. I want her for myself.

BuddyRey
09-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Someone tell me again how representative democracy protects us all from the whims of complacent, self-important leaders.

GunnyFreedom
09-29-2010, 09:28 PM
wow, that was horrible.

There needs to be a little display on every corner in Vancouver repeating that YouTube over and over again. If they vote for her again then plague take em-come ye out of her. I can't imagine a beautiful city like Vancouver being stupid enough to reelect her. Do us proud nate! :D

Danke
09-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Embarrassed? Shit. I want her for myself.

Figures. When will you sailor boys realize you can have it all.

devil21
09-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Videos like this make me take a moment and briefly question whether local control is always a good thing. Loons like her making real decisions that affect lives is scary.

The way they're dodging the light rail and toll topic makes me think there's some kickbacks going on there. That nasty woman obviously has something to do with it considering how she shouted down more than one person that tried to bring it up.

GunnyFreedom
09-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Videos like this make me take a moment and briefly question whether local control is always a good thing. Loons like her making real decisions that affect lives is scary.

The way they're dodging the light rail and toll topic makes me think there's some kickbacks going on there. That nasty woman obviously has something to do with it considering how she shouted down more than one person that tried to bring it up.

Loons like her are a lot easier to vote out.

silus
09-30-2010, 11:56 PM
She apologized. And she made some good points. I forgive her.
Are you serious?

The woman blatantly lied on the radio interview. She claimed that she walked out while the citizen was speaking because she realized she was in error and needed to calm down. YET, after the session ended she approached the other councilwoman, yelled at her and claimed SHE was the one treating people unfairly. She is a dirt bag.

And we all know what a real apology sounds like, and hers sounds nothing of the sort...http://www.columbian.com/news/2010/sep/15/harris-says-she-wasnt-informed-ethics-probe/

anaconda
10-01-2010, 01:44 AM
Daddy issues?

anaconda
10-01-2010, 01:48 AM
Someone needed to get a rules list together beforehand. She was probably in serious violation of protocol.

By the way, here is a good role model for how to approach government representatives.

YouTube - Woman Goes Nuclear At California Town Hall Meeting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAm6Qck5v78)

anaconda
10-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Where did this video come from? Has it gone viral? This idiot needs to be publicly ridiculed for days straight. They needed to have a bunch of high spirited patriots attending to shout down that councilwoman.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
10-01-2010, 02:05 AM
I like how she admitted that she did not understand the Constitution and said she had to go when asked if she would make an attempt to learn it.

EndDaFed
10-01-2010, 02:28 AM
"You need to go somewhere and get sane." - The other councilwoman :D

Bipolar maybe? I don't know. It could be somewhere else on the narcissistic spectrum.

Mach
10-01-2010, 02:29 AM
Someone needed to get a rules list together beforehand. She was probably in serious violation of protocol.

By the way, here is a good role model for how to approach government representatives.

YouTube - Woman Goes Nuclear At California Town Hall Meeting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAm6Qck5v78)

Damn! Was that so hard everyone? I'd like to have her as a neighbor.

These city council videos need to be copied over into the State Forums too (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=267).

MozoVote
10-01-2010, 08:55 AM
"Out!"

Sounded like she was ordering a dog through the door, making it leave the house.

TNforPaul45
10-01-2010, 09:39 AM
"this is our council meeting and we can let whomever we want speak."

Haha, that's funny, as if the holy council existed BEFORE the people did and we beggars must approach the bar...

Philhelm
10-01-2010, 09:59 AM
"Out!"

Sounded like she was ordering a dog through the door, making it leave the house.

That's all we are to these sociopathic, petty tyrants.

tjeffersonsghost
10-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Harris would make a great Washington politician. I feel sorry for her husband.... you think Harris ever gives her husband any?

MozoVote
10-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Just to get nerdy here - with the meeting conducted under Robert's Rules of order... she, as a lone council member, did NOT have the authority to tell people to leave the meeting. Notice that she had to ask the chair (the mayor I presume) to gavel the speaker to order, and ask him to leave.

anaconda
10-03-2010, 03:33 AM
Harris would make a great Washington politician. I feel sorry for her husband.... you think Harris ever gives her husband any?

I just threw up in my mouth a little...:(

NYgs23
10-03-2010, 06:44 AM
The councilwoman was abrasive and rude, but it's at the very least quite debatable whether or not the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution applies to state and municipal governments, and even if so, whether it applies to meeting within government buildings. I mean, if someone had come up there and starting shouting obscenities that wouldn't have been "freedom of speech." It seems to me that they do have the authority to set the rules for there own meetings, even if the rules are moronic.