PDA

View Full Version : Who does this Ron Paul guy think he is?

Von Helman
09-29-2010, 10:31 AM
*Note:
I am an Op–Ed writer on another news site and thought I would join here just to post a link to a recent editorial I wrote regarding Ron Paul. Please note the article I wrote (below) was written with humor and sarcasm and in no way was intended to disparage Ron Paul but rather to commend him. You must read the entire article to fully understand this. Enjoy!

VH

Who does this Ron Paul guy think he is?

Many people have heard of Ron Paul while probably many more have to go over to Wikipedia to do a quick cliff notes on him to learn who he really is and what he’s all about. I confess I had to visit Wikipedia myself because I sure haven’t been able to really learn the truth about him through regular main stream media outlets. And what I found out about him was surprising,

He’s a freaking nut job; I mean the man is so far out of “it” that it’s laughable. Please someone get the man a straitjacket because he sure needs one, hell maybe two or three of them.

What sane man would propose what Ron Paul does or has a voting record like he has, much less believe it to such a degree that he would run for president?

Read the rest of the article here to fully appreciate it

http://shtf411.com/who-does-this-ron...-is-t9318.html

Danke
09-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Why don't you post your whole article here?

Von Helman
09-29-2010, 11:00 AM
I was under the impression it was against the forum rules here to post articles in their entirety, and secondly I always post a link back to where the article originally appeared because as a staff member there I have am obligation to do so.

I simply singed up and posted this thread here as a friend suggested Ron Paul supporters would enjoy the article

johnrocks
09-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Good article,lol. Thanks for dropping in, stick around!:)

sailingaway
09-29-2010, 11:08 AM
I was under the impression it was against the forum rules here to post articles in their entirety, and secondly I always post a link back to where the article originally appeared because as a staff member there I have am obligation to do so.

I simply singed up and posted this thread here as a friend suggested Ron Paul supporters would enjoy the article

also there are copyright 'hit man' companies that buy secondary copyright to articles then go around suing websites that users post the article in, if more than a few paragraphs is quoted. Daily Paul has been sued by Righthaven, one of these shady organizations, and probably the worst.

specsaregood
09-29-2010, 11:31 AM
also there are copyright 'hit man' companies that buy secondary copyright to articles then go around suing websites that users post the article in, if more than a few paragraphs is quoted. Daily Paul has been sued by Righthaven, one of these shady organizations, and probably the worst.

But if the OP is the author of the article as he claims:

*Note: [INDENT][I]I am an Op–Ed writer on another news site and thought I would join here just to post a link to a recent editorial I wrote regarding Ron Paul.
, then most likely he owns the copyright, which means he could freely repost it in its entirety.

As it is, it looks like a traffic fishing expedition. Not that there is anything entirely wrong with that.

ninepointfive
09-29-2010, 11:36 AM
lol!

great catch article meant to get a "liberal" to read it. =)

newyearsrevolution08
09-29-2010, 11:52 AM
thats great marketing techniques at work

many do it

remember the mccain forum among others LOL

V4Vendetta
09-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Hmm i haven't read it yet, but the style you have began the article with, is a common practice when someone wants to portray something or someone in a negative light.

You began the first 2 paragraphs by telling everyone they probably didn't know him, and for good reason, he's nuts.

This style is done for the fact that most people just spend the time to read the first paragraph or two of an article, just to get the idea of what it says.

So yeah, i already don't like it

specsaregood
09-29-2010, 12:03 PM
lol!

great catch article meant to get a "liberal" to read it. =)

Except its posted on a "shtf" forum site. Which appears to be filled with a bunch of tinfoil hatters (term meant to be endearing). I don't think its gonna reach anybody that doesn't already know about Dr. paul and his positions.

After reviewing the site, It appears even more to just be a traffic fishing expedition. But hey, more power to the OP.

Von Helman
09-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Except its posted on a "shtf" forum site. Which appears to be filled with a bunch of tinfoil hatters (term meant to be endearing). I don't think its gonna reach anybody that doesn't already know about Dr. paul and his positions.

After reviewing the site, It appears even more to just be a traffic fishing expedition. But hey, more power to the OP.

specsaregood,

I write a daily editorial article for SHTF411 news site, and you might just be surprised that this Ron Paul article on the SHTF411 forum board might actually get read by others who don't know him.

I already stated I posted this thread with the sole purpose of sharing the Ron Paul article with your members because it was suggested by a friend and I simply thought the members here would like it.

As for your comment regarding this thread and my post being an attempt at a "traffic" fishing expedition is simply your opinion but I can understand that and respect it. Might I also suggest you type into Google the title of one of my most recent editorials “Is Ahmadinejad a sane person in an insane world” or will you also consider that a fishing expedition?

My point in the Google search is that you will notice that recent Ahmadinejad editorial of mine was picked up worldwide by many websites and blogs so traffic is already good.

Cowlesy
09-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Welcome to the forum. Will view after work.

Bruno
09-29-2010, 01:09 PM
specsaregood,

I write a daily editorial article for SHTF411 news site, and you might just be surprised that this Ron Paul article on the SHTF411 forum board might actually get read by others who don't know him.

I already stated I posted this thread with the sole purpose of sharing the Ron Paul article with your members because it was suggested by a friend and I simply thought the members here would like it.

As for your comment regarding this thread and my post being an attempt at a "traffic" fishing expedition is simply your opinion but I can understand that and respect it. Might I also suggest you type into Google the title of one of my most recent editorials “Is Ahmadinejad a sane person in an insane world” or will you also consider that a fishing expedition?

My point in the Google search is that you will notice that recent Ahmadinejad editorial of mine was picked up worldwide by many websites and blogs so traffic is already good.

Welcome to RPF! Don't take it personally. :)

specsaregood
09-29-2010, 01:10 PM

Yeah, I would be surprised to find that more than a couple members of a shtf forum were not well aware of Dr. Paul. :)

Might I also suggest you type into Google the title of one of my most recent editorials “Is Ahmadinejad a sane person in an insane world” or will you also consider that a fishing expedition?

If you went around posting the article on a bunch of sites in order to get it read, sure.

Well I'm sure more wouldn't hurt. :)

I wasn't really complaining or trying to be critical. Spreading links and promoting your site(s) is how it works. Your post was on topic, nothing wrong with that.

Romulus
09-29-2010, 01:11 PM
Hmm i haven't read it yet, but the style you have began the article with, is a common practice when someone wants to portray something or someone in a negative light.

You began the first 2 paragraphs by telling everyone they probably didn't him, and for good reason, he's nuts.

This style is done for the fact that most people just spend the time to read the first paragraph or two of an article, just to get the idea of what it says.

So yeah, i already don't like it

I agree.. you're just adding to the pile of BS when you start an article like that. Not very creative, instead destructive. That humor and sarcasm is not a clever means of promotion or even telling the truth. Not impressed at all. Same old shit, different wrapper.

Bruno
09-29-2010, 01:14 PM
one of your admins at SHTF411 is not a fan, according to his comment on your article.