PDA

View Full Version : Public Policy Polling Drops Ron Paul?

RonPaulFanInGA
09-29-2010, 04:06 AM
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/09/more-good-numbers-for-romney.html

Looks like they're no longer including Ron Paul in every single one of their 2012 presidential polls. The write-up of their most recent poll doesn't mention Paul directly even one time.

Agorism
09-29-2010, 04:36 AM
He's on there.

speciallyblend
09-29-2010, 06:08 AM
they should poll republican delegates, that is the only poll worth a dam for a 2012 gop nomination!!
I am beginning to highly doubt that ron paul supporters will do what must be done to secure Ron Paul a 2012 nomination!!This helps at least for me before i send off all my money to Ron Paul!!

BuddyRey
09-29-2010, 06:02 PM
I find it hard to believe they could exclude someone who at least polls as high as Tim Pawlenty.

MRoCkEd
09-29-2010, 06:03 PM
He's on there.
Yep

erowe1
09-29-2010, 06:12 PM
they should poll republican delegates, that is the only poll worth a dam for a 2012 gop nomination!!
I am beginning to highly doubt that ron paul supporters will do what must be done to secure Ron Paul a 2012 nomination!!This helps at least for me before i send off all my money to Ron Paul!!

1) That's not true. While it's true that no poll right now really matters, when it does come time to pay attention to polls, the important people to poll will be likely Republican primary voters.
2) There aren't any delegates yet anyway.

oyarde
09-29-2010, 06:19 PM
You want to go hard after primary voters and then when you can , delegates too .

erowe1
09-29-2010, 06:53 PM
You want to go hard after primary voters and then when you can , delegates too .

Why?

nate895
09-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Why?

In a large chunk of states, there isn't even a primary. In even more states, there is a combo primary/caucus. Almost half of the delegates were unpledged last time, and even more will probably be this time since some states do not fund primary elections when one race isn't competitive. Some delegates are only loosely pledged to their candidate, with little-to-no punishment for breaking with voters. It is important that we get these delegate slots so that we can secure an official Ron Paul nomination from the floor (to make a show of it at least), and secure a Paul victory at the convention so there is no funny business if he does not win enough hard pledged delegates.

erowe1
09-29-2010, 07:12 PM
In a large chunk of states, there isn't even a primary. In even more states, there is a combo primary/caucus. Almost half of the delegates were unpledged last time, and even more will probably be this time since some states do not fund primary elections when one race isn't competitive. Some delegates are only loosely pledged to their candidate, with little-to-no punishment for breaking with voters. It is important that we get these delegate slots so that we can secure an official Ron Paul nomination from the floor (to make a show of it at least), and secure a Paul victory at the convention so there is no funny business if he does not win enough hard pledged delegates.

When I said primary I meant it inclusive of caucuses.

What you're talking about, though, is selection of delegates. None of them are delegates yet, so they can't be polled. By the time they do become delegates, I don't see what the point will be of polling them, unless by some chance the race goes all the way to the convention, which won't happen.

georgiaboy
09-29-2010, 07:24 PM
to the country's utter peril.