PDA

View Full Version : Gangs in the Military

Electric Church
10-18-2007, 02:23 AM
Something to be a little concerned about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgwfVJIoBNM

hard@work
10-18-2007, 03:25 AM
That is pretty scary. Any idea what Paul would say about it?

nexalacer
10-18-2007, 06:46 AM
Pay people to murder and you get immoral people getting paid to murder. Is this surprising?

kylejack
10-18-2007, 07:02 AM
They were running out of fresh troops, so they dropped certain standards. High school dropouts can get in, people with lower IQ can get in now, and they've loosened the standards on people with criminal records...in fact, some are even being given the choice of jail or joining the military as punishment for their crimes. Imagine: they're taking a person who should be in jail and they're putting him on the streets of Baghdad with a gun.

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,78111,00.html

noxagol
10-18-2007, 07:21 AM
I think certain prisoners should be in the military, as target practice.

Electric Church
10-18-2007, 11:15 AM
That is pretty scary. Any idea what Paul would say about it?

I don't think he's ever mentioned it. It might be something useful to bring up during the campaign

Santana28
10-18-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm not surprised at all. Also, i think i read somewhere that 35% of the current military are non-citizens.

On my day off last week i was walking through the mall... there was this kid in a tshirt and jeans who was just randomly walking up to young guys and saying "Hey, have you ever considered joining the marines?" HE WAS A RECRUITER IN PLAIN CLOTHES!! I can't believe that is legal. How would you feel if your son was just walking through the mall one day and some guy walks up to him and asks him to join the military? Military Recruiters in full uniform is one thing... at a recruiting office... but just walking around in plain clothes recruiting people? That pissed me off. I have nothing against the military but letting their standards go is unexcusable. If they can't recruit people than i think that is a pretty good signal for them to address WHY.

Matt Collins
10-18-2007, 11:15 PM
The only people who should be in jail are those who have committed violent crimes. I think serving in the military is a good alternative for those who have committed non-violent crimes because it increases the chance of the person turning their lives around.

CurtisLow
10-19-2007, 09:19 AM
youtube remarks.

Baumwurzel (1 day ago)
(Reply)
bush is the biggest gangster! ...and yeah, us military sucks!