PDA

View Full Version : Grayson Under Fire for Taking Opponent's Quotes Out of Context

JacobG18
09-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Excerpt:

Democratic Rep. Alan Grayson is coming under bipartisan fire for releasing an ad that compares Republican opponent Daniel Webster to the Taliban and takes his quotes on the role of women blatantly out of context.

The narrator in the ad accuses "Taliban Dan Webster" of wanting to "impose his radical fundamentalism on us," interspersing snippets of a speech Webster gave at a 2009 Christian event. Without any context, Webster is showing saying, "wives submit yourself to your own husband" and "she should submit to me. That's in the Bible."

But Webster released the unedited original footage, which shows the congressional candidate preaching the exact opposite. In the full tape, Webster urges listeners to write down a Bible verse, so long as it doesn't have anything to do with wives submitting to their husbands.

"Don't pick the ones that say she should submit to me. That's in the Bible, but pick the ones that you're supposed to do -- so instead you love your wife ... as opposed to wives submit yourself to your own husband," he said.

<snip>

Grayson defended the ad Tuesday, telling MyFoxOrlando that his campaign had to "compress" the Webster speech in order to "convey it." He denied taking words out of context.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/28/grayson-taking-opponents-quotes-context-taliban-ad/

Stary Hickory
09-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Ye he is a POS, only thing he ever did right is support audit the fed...but he is a nutcase.

It's kinda getting ridiculous, that is downright lying....I mean what is it going to come to...string together a montage of single words spoken by your opponent and putting them together to say something like " I (snip)like..(snip)too(snip) beat (snip) my ..Wife!"

oyarde
09-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Ye he is a POS, only thing he ever did right is support audit the fed...but he is a nutcase.

It's kinda getting ridiculous, that is downright lying....I mean what is it going to come to...string together a montage of single words spoken by your opponent and putting them together to say something like " I (snip)like..(snip)too(snip) beat (snip) my ..Wife!"

He is the biggest nutcase in national office I can think of in the Southeast.

ctiger2
09-29-2010, 08:57 AM

BINGO! Grayson's got a massive chip on his shoulder. I'd love to see FL wake up and vote this turd out.

specsaregood
09-29-2010, 09:00 AM

Personally I might argue that he didn't do that "audit the fed" "right" either. My impression is that he wants the audit the fed and maybe even repeal the fed, not because it is a bad institution, but rather because he wants the power they have for himself and congress.

akforme
09-29-2010, 09:20 AM
he's all for dividing the people with strawman arguments that's for sure. he's house speech on HCR was bothersome.

He did have that "war is making you poor act" which was really good, I have to give him credit for that one.

Slutter McGee
09-29-2010, 10:21 AM
I would like to keep Grayson around for purposes of amusement.

Slutter McGee

Flash
09-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Polls show Grayson is in trouble:

http://www.newsweek.com/blogs/the-gaggle/2010/09/29/alan-grayson-outspoken-florida-congressman-could-be-in-trouble.html