PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff could put McMahon in the US Senate

itshappening
09-28-2010, 03:15 PM
'She’s turned Blumenthal’s lead among independents into a 49/44 lead of her own, but she’s getting crushed among women — a common phenomenon for women Republican candidates, actually — and, worryingly, she’s winning the GOP vote only 80/16. Blumenthal, by contrast, takes Democrats 89/9. If her numbers among her own base were the same as his, this would either be a dead heat or she’d be up by a point or two.'

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/09/28/the-senates-in-play-blumenthal-49-mcmahon-46-in-connecticut/

-

If Schiff campaigned for her, held rallies for her and helped recruit those Republicans and independents she needs, then she could win CT and possibly hand the GOP control of the Senate

The GOP should definitely be reaching out to Peter Schiff...

Daamien
09-28-2010, 03:47 PM
I don't think Linda or her campaign staff necessarily want Peter to campaign on her behalf, especially after his negative "kick" ad in the primary. He should focus on offering his economic advice to Linda, not being part of her campaign propaganda.

ninepointfive
09-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Yeah, I don't see a reason to help RINO's win campaigns. That is, unless you've joined "Team R"

nobody's_hero
09-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Why would Peter want a McMahon who would kill America slowly, versus a Blumenthal who could at least make it quick and merciful?

This is John McCain v. Barack Obama all over again.

Keep in mind that Barack Obama has helped the limited government cause more than John McCain ever could have.

It will be the same way with Blumenthal. If Peter helps McMahon, he'll have no chance to run again in 6 more years. People will be sick of "republicans" like McMahon.

itshappening
09-28-2010, 04:09 PM
By being part of Team R and helping McMahon, Peter would give himself a big advantage in 2012

It's a cynical political calculation.

Kotin
09-28-2010, 04:10 PM
why would peter want a mcmahon who would kill america slowly, versus a blumenthal who could at least make it quick and merciful?

This is john mccain v. Barack obama all over again.

Keep in mind that barack obama has helped the limited government cause more than john mccain ever could have.

It will be the same way with blumenthal. If peter helps mcmahon, he'll have no chance to run again in 6 more years. People will be sick of "republicans" like mcmahon.

this!!!

nobody's_hero
09-28-2010, 06:43 PM
By being part of Team R and helping McMahon, Peter would give himself a big advantage in 2012

It's a cynical political calculation.

Cynical is more like when you want no one to notice that America is dying.

I want people to think, "WTF is this shit!?" instead of, "Okay, you'll do, I guess."

MRoCkEd
09-28-2010, 06:47 PM
I don't think Peter would do much in the way of votes. I'm sure all of his voters have shifted to McMahon now.

But yes, it would be an important gesture if he has any political plans for the future.

AJ Antimony
09-28-2010, 08:19 PM
He should consider helping if she asks, but he doesn't need to volunteer.

Thomas
09-28-2010, 09:06 PM
I don't think Peter would do much in the way of votes. I'm sure all of his voters have shifted to McMahon now.

But yes, it would be an important gesture if he has any political plans for the future.

exactly, political favors