PDA

View Full Version : [BREAKING] President Carter Hospitalized

Reason
09-28-2010, 11:23 AM
YouTube - President Carter Hospitalized (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgg-SxSpFW4)

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
09-28-2010, 11:29 AM
I am really tempted to say something mean spirited here.

Reason
09-28-2010, 11:31 AM
I don't know too much about carter but isn't he one of the best presidents we've had in regard to the Israel/Palestine?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
09-28-2010, 11:34 AM
I can't believe I am admitting this in a public forum but I am related to the guy and there is NOTHING good about him. He may have a decent stance regarding the Israel/Palestine issue but he is as big government as they get and he shoulders a good amount of the blame for the crap we have now.

pcosmar
09-28-2010, 11:38 AM
He was once my Commander in Chief, Promised during the campaign to decriminalize Marijuana.
He wasn't a particularly good President.
Still I don't wish him ill, personally.
He is old and will meet the final judge soon enough.

Fozz
09-28-2010, 11:42 AM
I can't believe I am admitting this in a public forum but I am related to the guy and there is NOTHING good about him. He may have a decent stance regarding the Israel/Palestine issue but he is as big government as they get and he shoulders a good amount of the blame for the crap we have now.
Jimmy Carter was less of a statist than any other Democrat president of the 20th century. He tried to cut taxes and keep a balanced budget, and he got rid of some significant regulations.

I wish the best for Carter.

Aratus
09-28-2010, 11:44 AM
we have a new set of mid-east talks that
sought to build on the legacy of camp david.
his book tour was going to be rather extensive!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
09-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Jimmy Carter was less of a statist than any other Democrat president of the 20th century. He tried to cut taxes and keep a balanced budget, and he got rid of some significant regulations.

Sure but that is like saying Hitler was a nicer guy than Mao.... They are all scumbags and I hope he lives so he can be tried for treason (A guy can only hope).

Justinjj1
09-28-2010, 11:47 AM

+1

He was one of the least offensive presidents in modern history.

Fredom101
09-28-2010, 11:50 AM
He signed off on the slaughter of thousands of Indonesians in the 70's. Look it up. NOT a good guy. Less bad than some other presidents is about all you can say about him.

Vessol
09-28-2010, 11:54 AM
I'll just keep my silence and hope for the best for his families sake.

Rothbardian Girl
09-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Sure, his policies weren't the best, but I think he was actually a bit better than Reagan and some of the other presidents we had around the same time period (this doesn't make Carter particularly good, however). However, I would never intentionally wish harm on someone, and I do hope he feels well enough eventually.

HOLLYWOOD
09-28-2010, 03:06 PM
I don't know too much about carter but isn't he one of the best presidents we've had in regard to the Israel/Palestine?

NO! Carter created the foreign welfare program, courtesy of the US taxpayers.

Carter stole from the people, Carter taxed the hell out of the people, Carter stole even more liberties with FISA Act, and Carter gave the FEDERAL RESERVE even more secrecy (13.3).

That's just a few...his brother should be living and Jimmy should be fertilizer.

nate895
09-28-2010, 03:08 PM

You're from the South; we're all related. No one can get angry with you over it.

Fluiddude
09-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Carter undermined confidence in the federal government, mainly because of stagflation, but also due to perceived ineptitude, which was epitomized in the abortive mission to rescue the American hostages held at the US embassy in Tehran. In that respect he was a terrific president.

pacelli
09-28-2010, 03:32 PM
we have a new set of mid-east talks that
sought to build on the legacy of camp david.
his book tour was going to be rather extensive!

How convenient?

lynnf
09-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Sure, his policies weren't the best, but I think he was actually a bit better than Reagan and some of the other presidents we had around the same time period (this doesn't make Carter particularly good, however). However, I would never intentionally wish harm on someone, and I do hope he feels well enough eventually.

a bit better than Reagan

sure, that's why millions of Americans voted to boot Carter and put Reagan in his place in 1980......

lynn