PDA

View Full Version : PACT Act... mad as hell

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
09-28-2010, 11:23 AM
So today I logged on to a discount internet website to order a carton of Marlboro reds for $19.95 + $5.00 shipping. In my area these same cartons sell for around $60-$65 each so I obviously loved buying them tax free online. Well it seems like my good buddy Barry and his band of merry misfits have decided I cannot even do that anymore. Seems (not sure how I missed this) that they managed to pass the PACT Act and the God damned Senate approved this unanimously.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article41286.ece

phill4paul
09-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Oh yeah. I didn't miss that one. Guess they finally got around to implementing it.

Ain't America, truly, the land of the free?

torchbearer
09-28-2010, 11:57 AM
looks like a business op to me.

Bruno
09-28-2010, 12:05 PM
"The president of the United States invited Native American leaders to Washington, D.C., in

November and looked us in the eye as a sign of good faith in his pledge to protect federal

treaties," Snyder said. "Now, four months later, he has betrayed that promise."

Vessol
09-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Barrack Obama hates red people.

phill4paul
09-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Barrack Obama hates red people.

Say! I like that one.

Rael
09-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Have you tried rolling your own. I used to buy cheap pipe tobacco and roll my own and it cost very little.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
09-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Have you tried rolling your own. I used to buy cheap pipe tobacco and roll my own and it cost very little.

Honestly, I have not tried that for the simple purpose that bags of tobacco here are almost as ungodly expensive as cigarettes. I would buy it online and try it but... well.... yeah. BTW, I love you avatar as Maiden is one of my favorite bands.

Vessol
09-28-2010, 12:09 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/trust_government_poster-p228585954463713573qzz0_400.jpg

Bruno
09-28-2010, 12:10 PM

It is also probably less harmful for you.

phill4paul
09-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Honestly, I have not tried that for the simple purpose that bags of tobacco here are almost as ungodly expensive as cigarettes. I would buy it online and try it but... well.... yeah. BTW, I love you avatar as Maiden is one of my favorite bands.

Yeah, that was part of the SHIP bill they finally got around to putting the "Sin Tax" on to save the welfare brats.

Some companies get around this by labeling the RYO tobacco as pipe tobacco which got a smaller tax hit. I don't know which ones. I just roll American Spirits tobacco which runs about half the cost of what I smoked rolled.

Noob
09-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Just order your own tobacco seeds and grow your own tobacco.

http://www.victoryseeds.com/tobacco/index.html

fisharmor
09-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Reds?
Odds are you wouldn't like American Spirit then - I find them to be kind of musty tasting. The lights aren't bad but they aren't strong, either.
Before I stopped smoking regularly, I was finding Zig-Zag tobacco (I know, right, who thought anyone put anything in Zig-Zag papers that was legal) and I bought filters at the tobacco store - and they hit the spot pretty well.
The problem with them is that eff me, they slowed me down. They're one of the reasons I stopped.

If you're dedicated you really ought to just find a reason to come down to VA every couple weeks. Obviously MD doesn't want the tax money that bad.