PDA

View Full Version : NH primary Dec. 11??? wow.

fj45lvr
10-18-2007, 01:11 AM
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/10/18/speculation_grows_for_dec_primary_in_nh/

this is getting totally ridiculous......almost Anna Nicole smith or O.J. like!!!!

bc2208
10-18-2007, 01:12 AM
Booo!!!

THIS IS SO UNCALLED FOR!!!

r3volution
10-18-2007, 01:26 AM
they should roll it back to last yr ..

kylejack
10-18-2007, 01:28 AM
Just mark January tenth or so.

michaelwise
10-18-2007, 01:30 AM
There are forces at work in the heavens, that will work in our favor. I truly believe.

Lord Xar
10-18-2007, 01:30 AM
I just read an article that said IOWA was first and they moved theirs to like January 3rd or something like that... so this NH is almost a month earlier than that? Is this even legal?

ksuguy
10-18-2007, 01:31 AM
Pretty soon we will need a time machine to vote in this election.

BuddyRey
This is the most frustrating feeling ever!!!

The media pundits go on and on about how the primaries are being moved up so drastically, yet nobody in the media has ever even bothered to tell us WHY!!!

THIS IS NOT NORMAL!!! IT IS NOT "POLITICS AS USUAL!!!" We're being railroaded and nobody is speaking for us!

Lord Xar
Just mark January tenth or so.

? what do you mean?

Chrispy
10-18-2007, 01:34 AM
Honestly, NH is our stronghold, if we can take NH in early December we could gain the momentum to kill in all the other states. This may actually work to our advantage.

Lord Xar
10-18-2007, 01:39 AM
Honestly, NH is our stronghold, if we can take NH in early December we could gain the momentum to kill in all the other states. This may actually work to our advantage.

how do you figure? We are well behind the front runners in NH --- we need name recognition there... not sure how this could benefit us at all.

McDermit
10-18-2007, 01:40 AM
Aw jeez. This would give big money donors the ability to max out AGAIN.

$2300 per primary cycle. If we start in '07, everyone can donate another $2300 for the '08 primaries. Them $2300 for the general election as well.

McDermit
10-18-2007, 01:40 AM
Well, if it snows or the weather is otherwise bad...

We all know RP'ers would get out and vote. Would everyone else?

TVMH
10-18-2007, 01:42 AM

I heard BO might have one. :D

TVMH
10-18-2007, 01:46 AM
This is the most frustrating feeling ever!!!

The media pundits go on and on about how the primaries are being moved up so drastically, yet nobody in the media has ever even bothered to tell us WHY!!!

THIS IS NOT NORMAL!!! IT IS NOT "POLITICS AS USUAL!!!" We're being railroaded and nobody is speaking for us!

C'mon, guys. Have a little faith.

Campaign HQ isn't full of rookies. Don't you think they've probably anticipated all the dirty tricks thusfar? (or at the very least are not surprised by any of them).

Drknows
10-18-2007, 01:49 AM
Well, if it snows or the weather is otherwise bad...

We all know RP'ers would get out and vote. Would everyone else?

Exactly we have the most committed supporters. Most republicans are not that excited about the current candidates. Do you really think they will tread snow to vote?

Lord Xar
10-18-2007, 01:51 AM
I wish I could agree with you.. but this all smells very funny...

all of sudden the "brighthorse" enters the frey and to the amazement of everyone he is building a ton of steam.. then there is talk of moving the primaries up KNOWING that people still have to fundraise and such...

Who are these people in NH moving things up.. what are their "real political aspirations" and 'beliefs' -- sometimes it is easy to see the motiviation once you figure out who is really calling the shots..

BuddyRey
10-18-2007, 01:53 AM
C'mon, guys. Have a little faith.

Campaign HQ isn't full of rookies. Don't you think they've probably anticipated all the dirty tricks thusfar? (or at the very least are not surprised by any of them).

It's not that I don't believe we can beat them (I do!). It's just that the fact that newsmedia and TV personalities can be so blase about this, reading off all the states bumping up their primaries, and never even question the motives or act like this is something completely unheard of and unwarranted. This has never happened before, and I wonder where the pundits' "journalistic curiosity" went!

synthetic
10-18-2007, 02:04 AM

all of sudden the "brighthorse" enters the frey and to the amazement of everyone he is building a ton of steam.. then there is talk of moving the primaries up KNOWING that people still have to fundraise and such...

Who are these people in NH moving things up.. what are their "real political aspirations" and 'beliefs' -- sometimes it is easy to see the motiviation once you figure out who is really calling the shots..

I agree.

Kickbacks, business deals, political opportunists, bribes. Take your pick. These moves never had anything to do with increasing certain states "say" in the election. This is long term political strategy unfolding.

fj45lvr
10-18-2007, 02:31 AM
how do you figure? We are well behind the front runners in NH --- we need name recognition there... not sure how this could benefit us at all.

I agree totally.

Maybe the "powers that be" are nervous of a potential "head of steam" and this is a way to try to slow it down???

Next thing you know we'll find out that all the advertising slots are already sold for early Dec.

I like the idea of a giant storm hitting the area...you know we'd prevail most certainly under those conditions.

literatim
10-18-2007, 03:41 AM

Undeclared are the largest group of registered voters in New Hampshire. NH is strongly libertarian/constitutionalist.

johngr
10-18-2007, 03:53 AM

all of sudden the "brighthorse" enters the frey and to the amazement of everyone he is building a ton of steam.. then there is talk of moving the primaries up KNOWING that people still have to fundraise and such....

Kind of like changing a horserace from 1 1/8 miles to 6 furlongs in the middle of the freakin race!

LibertyEagle
10-18-2007, 04:00 AM
This isn't good at all. :(

I wish they'd all stop this crap and not have any of the primaries until February.

freelance
10-18-2007, 04:31 AM
This election is for keeps. The status quo wing of the Republican party is pulling out all the stops. And why wouldn't they? Not only does this really screw the candidates with momentum--those pulling out from the lower tiers--but it gives a distinct advantage to the big money candidates to double their coffers for Super Tuesday and beyond. What's another $2300 to the big-money folks to ensure the status quo prevails--to ensure that the gravy train just keeps on rolling?

It's time to pack a tent and move to New Hampshire and Iowa.

This isn't "conspiracy" in the sense that some folks may be thinking; rather, it's damn smart politics for the frontrunners and the traditional party machine, and it's designed to stop our momentum COLD!

The wild card that they can’t figure in empirically is voter apathy vs. Ron Paul supporter action--actually getting up off the couch and leaving home to vote. What they haven't fully grasped, but may still fear in the back of their minds is the wildcard that RP supporters will come out in droves. They may be counting on holiday partying dampening RP supporters' resolve. They could well be in for the shock of their lives. What we lack in money, we make up for in grassroots organization on the ground--that is, the will to get people to the polls. Not only that, but putting some distance between New Hampshire and Iowa and the Super Tuesday primaries is another smart action. If New Hampshire and Iowa should bring upsets, they have more time to work on their “get out the vote” strategy. This is well thought out; don’t doubt that for a moment.

They have got to be looking at the straw poll results and shaking their heads in dismay. Why on earth would so many RP supporters give up their free time and pay good money to create a win for Ron Paul? They are going to drop dead in their tracks when we win our first primary--in NEW HAMPSHIRE!

Don't worry about what obstacles they throw out. Just make up your mind that every time they throw something at us, it creates an opportunity for the MSM to shake their heads in disbelief and create more SHOCKING headlines for us. The force is with us--as long as we keep spreading the force.

When God gives us lemons, we just have to invent more creative methods of making lemonade. Just look at what TruckinMike is doing. Unfortunately, I have been using funerals lately to spread the word. Hey, talk about lemons…

And finally, with all the frontrunners splitting the vote, this could just backfire, because we need fewer votes to win.

Man from La Mancha
10-18-2007, 04:36 AM
Can any of these primaries moves be challenged in court to next year?

walt
10-18-2007, 05:11 AM

best post on this board...ever...

Geronimo
10-18-2007, 05:20 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Ron needs to get his a$$ in NH ASAP.

Johnnybags
10-18-2007, 05:31 AM
Paul will get on his horse and go there now. This election cycle is the proverbial end of the Republican party as we know it. Time to accelerate Lady Liberty if the thing is moved to December.

Oops, A I type this Lady Liberty jumped over 20k?

paulicywonk
10-18-2007, 05:40 AM
Just to clarify, I believe candidates can't tap into general funds until after the nominating convention.

My strong feeling is that this does not hurt us. A strong finish and a month to bask in it would elevate Ron's profile through the holiday season.

I know people see this as some conspiracy, but I really think New Hampshire is just trying to protect their impact. I don't blame them. It's a hell of a lot of money flowing into that state.

Brinck Slattery
10-18-2007, 05:48 AM
This is what I've said in other threads - and this is why the November 5 fundraiser is going to hurt the campaign. If the NH primary is moved up, Iowa has to move theirs up by their state law. These changes are not a coincidence. It gives the frontrunners with better name recognition a much better chance. So donate NOW! Don't wait!!

kylejack
10-18-2007, 06:21 AM
They went ahead with this article despite the fact that new information came in. Iowa setting for the 3rd of January yesterday probably puts New Hampshire somewhere around January 10th or so, as New Hampshire follows Iowa's lead.

So again, mark January 10th or so.

kylejack
10-18-2007, 06:23 AM
Can any of these primaries moves be challenged in court to next year?
Not really, because really they're not much of an election, more of a glorified nominating process for the parties. Some states don't even have to assign their delegates how the voters command, WV for example.

jrich4rpaul
10-18-2007, 07:26 AM
The primaries seem to get moved further back as Ron Paul gains more support... they know what they're doing.

kylejack
10-18-2007, 07:29 AM
The primaries seem to get moved further back as Ron Paul gains more support... they know what they're doing.
Nah, its just the states fighting over national legitimacy. The major candidates hate that the primaries are being shifted around, because they designed all their advertising to market most effectively to early primary states. Shifting states screws up their game plan. The Democrats essentially told Michigan, "You're dead to us." and they refuse to campaign there.

jrich4rpaul
10-18-2007, 07:31 AM
Nah, its just the states fighting over national legitimacy. The major candidates hate that the primaries are being shifted around, because they designed all their advertising to market most effectively to early primary states. Shifting states screws up their game plan. The Democrats essentially told Michigan, "You're dead to us." and they refuse to campaign there.

And this will surely screw up the Paul campaign's game plan if we don't donate asap

freedominnumbers
10-18-2007, 07:40 AM
I saw a press conference a few months back with the decision makers in NH state government on this.

Basically it was declared then that NH will move the primaries to last March if need be to maintain it's "first" status. They said they wouldn't even be willing to share.

The summary was:

Reporters - Won't this hurt the ability of NH voters to learn about their candidates and possibly alienate voters through confusion over the primary dates?

Government - Who really knows. Our first in the nation status is more important than anything else. We'll do whatever it takes to be first even if it means voting tomorrow.

kylejack
10-18-2007, 07:50 AM
NH voters are pretty pampered. They're one of the few states in the nation that feels like they deserve face time with the candidates. This is why Ron Paul needs to be there holding town halls. I'm not really sure why the campaign's not doing that, but I'm sure they have their reasons.

lapi7
10-18-2007, 08:01 AM
What's even worse is the fact that I believe that we still have the "VOTING MACHINE" issue to contend with...

Does anybody know which states still use the Dibold machines in their Primaries or Caucases?

And if so are the votes counted publicly and is there a way to keep a paper trail of the voting if an audit is requested?

Primbs
10-18-2007, 08:05 AM

There may be a method to the madness. "He who changes the rules, can change the outcome of the race."

Brinck Slattery
10-18-2007, 08:05 AM
yes, there are shenanigans afoot.

Birdlady
10-18-2007, 08:10 AM
Kind of like changing a horserace from 1 1/8 miles to 6 furlongs in the middle of the freakin race!

Oh man I read this and thought it said 6 furbolgs. haha

Badger Paul
10-18-2007, 08:34 AM
Is this was any other state but New Hampshire this would be a problem.

But, because it is New Hampshire we have an opportunity, if we win, to see this camapaign explode with momentum money and support.

Obviously what NH wants if for the candidates to descend on the state like the Golden Hordes and that will happen if the primary is on Dec. 11 so we have to prepare for that possibility. Gardner has said he will not hold the primary past Jan. 8 so basically its either Dec. 11 or Jan. 8.

If it is Dec. 11 then RP has camapign flat-out for a full month in the state. That might short-shirdt the other states but winning NH is imperative.

Unfrotunately we won't know when the primary date is until Nov. 2.

kylejack
10-18-2007, 08:37 AM
I hadn't heard that. Knowing that, I'll hedge my bet on January 8th. NH and Iowa get along pretty well. They've been running this scheme together for quite a while.

shepburn
10-18-2007, 08:39 AM
relax ... NH is just bluffing to scare of other states from trying to be first!

toowm
10-18-2007, 08:51 AM
Still the most likely dates are Jan 8 or 10th. And the 2008 New Hampshire Liberty Forum will be the previous weekend! http://www.freestateproject.org/libertyforum/

Dr. Paul spoke at the Forum earlier this year. Assuming the dates above are right, I have to believe he will speak at the upcoming one. Considering attending and working on last-minute grassroots efforts.

xcalybur
10-18-2007, 08:56 AM
I think this could help us more than you think. I think that we have large following in NH and by the time Dec 11th comes around Ron Paul will be in 1st place or at least 2nd or 3rd. If Ron Paul can make the top 3 in a early primary he will get TONS of press finally validating his campaign to some degree and will give us bout 3 weeks to build huge support in other states in January. This could be a huge help to us. It also allows Ron Paul to spend a lot of his money in NH and not worry as much about the other states. He can use Q4 money for the other states. So he can make a huge run for NH and set himself up for the primaries.

RonPaulFever
10-18-2007, 09:01 AM
http://www.spirit-of-metal.com/les%20goupes/K/King%20Diamond/Conspiracy/Conspiracy.jpg

kylejack
10-18-2007, 09:03 AM
Anyone else worried about Super Tuesday?

ItsTime
10-18-2007, 09:06 AM
We are forgetting Ron Paul is SECOND in money in NH. Mostly with small donations to where as Mitt has maxed out a lot of his donors in NH. We can win New Hampshire or run a very close second I have no doubt of that.

frasu
10-18-2007, 09:24 AM

hehehe... don't give them ideas!

Proemio
10-18-2007, 09:27 AM
This election is for keeps. The status quo wing of the Republican party is pulling out all the stops. And why wouldn't they? Not only does this really screw the candidates with momentum--those pulling out from the lower tiers--but it gives a distinct advantage to the big money candidates to double their coffers for Super Tuesday and beyond. What's another $2300 to the big-money folks to ensure the status quo prevails--to ensure that the gravy train just keeps on rolling?

It's time to pack a tent and move to New Hampshire and Iowa.

This isn't "conspiracy" in the sense that some folks may be thinking; rather, it's damn smart politics for the frontrunners and the traditional party machine, and it's designed to stop our momentum COLD!

The wild card that they can’t figure in empirically is voter apathy vs. Ron Paul supporter action--actually getting up off the couch and leaving home to vote. What they haven't fully grasped, but may still fear in the back of their minds is the wildcard that RP supporters will come out in droves. They may be counting on holiday partying dampening RP supporters' resolve. They could well be in for the shock of their lives. What we lack in money, we make up for in grassroots organization on the ground--that is, the will to get people to the polls. Not only that, but putting some distance between New Hampshire and Iowa and the Super Tuesday primaries is another smart action. If New Hampshire and Iowa should bring upsets, they have more time to work on their “get out the vote” strategy. This is well thought out; don’t doubt that for a moment.

They have got to be looking at the straw poll results and shaking their heads in dismay. Why on earth would so many RP supporters give up their free time and pay good money to create a win for Ron Paul? They are going to drop dead in their tracks when we win our first primary--in NEW HAMPSHIRE!

Don't worry about what obstacles they throw out. Just make up your mind that every time they throw something at us, it creates an opportunity for the MSM to shake their heads in disbelief and create more SHOCKING headlines for us. The force is with us--as long as we keep spreading the force.

When God gives us lemons, we just have to invent more creative methods of making lemonade. Just look at what TruckinMike is doing. Unfortunately, I have been using funerals lately to spread the word. Hey, talk about lemons…

And finally, with all the frontrunners splitting the vote, this could just backfire, because we need fewer votes to win.

Great analysis, right down to the funereal lemons...
The machine won't concede quietly, though they should.

werdd
10-18-2007, 09:29 AM
We need to just jump in bill o reillys time machine

BillyDkid
10-18-2007, 09:54 AM
Does anybody doubt that the movers and shakers in the GOP at all levels sit around talking about how they can keep Ron Paul from getting the nomination? I don't doubt it for a minute. They are far more concerned with beating Ron Paul than they are with beating Hillary.

daviddee
10-18-2007, 10:21 AM

AgentPaul001
10-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Hmm, December 11th.....are they kidding?

Sure the extra momentum if Ron Paul placed 3rd or better would be HUGE! However I think that Paul's train is still picking up steam and that an extra month of campaigning would be huge.

fj45lvr
10-18-2007, 11:24 AM
I think this could help us more than you think.....
. If Ron Paul can make the top 3 in a early primary he will get TONS of press finally validating his campaign to some degree and will give us bout 3 weeks to build huge support in other states in January. This could be a huge help to us. .

I guess I am still more pessimistic than some of you that actually believe that Paul will get "TONS of press" ....let alone press that isn't clever little "hits" to him.

Besides they haven't released their big "bomb" yet to discredit him.

austin356
10-18-2007, 11:25 AM
all of this conspiracy talk just makes all you guys look like fools!!

Hell I am a 911 questioner and think yall are WACKO!

It is quite simple. States got tired of having the election decided before their primary. They move their primaries up. NH and Iowa throw a hissy fit cause they are less important. NH takes it too an extreme and pushes their primary to a point where no other state would even dream.

Its a fight for power, money, tradition, and just overall importance! Not a fight to hurt Ron Paul. What BULLSHIT you pauliers are spitting!!