PDA

View Full Version : My 5th of November Video Please watch!!

Copperhed51
10-18-2007, 01:03 AM
Threw this together to help the cause. It's not the greatest video but oh well. Everybody needs to make one if they can. It's easy to do and if we make lots of them, the idea will spread to lots of people. Anyway, please watch, comment, and rate!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCz-zpbhaGE

michaelwise
10-18-2007, 01:49 AM
A am planning on donating on November 5th, moneybomb. I never saw V before, but now I get it, after seeing your video.

ClockwiseSpark
10-18-2007, 02:03 AM
Nicely put together, I liked it :)

yoshimaroka
10-18-2007, 02:05 AM
Nice vid.

http://www.thisnovember5th.com/

Cindy
10-18-2007, 02:05 AM
Nice. I'll be in on it too. Now I want to rent that movie.

Man from La Mancha
10-18-2007, 04:08 AM
I like what the video represents. I like any idea to raise money, but Guy Falks is no hero to me. Guy as a Catholic terrorist tried to get England to be ruled by the church again after england had spent 100's of years of dominance in the dark ages under the Catholic church. Guy was like a CFR member working for the NWO. I liked the movie very much and recommned it but the hero in the movie had much better ideas than the original. The movie probably has the Vatican in stiches LOL.

Taco John
10-18-2007, 04:24 AM
I like what the video represents. I like any idea to raise money, but Guy Falks is no hero to me. Guy as a Catholic terrorist tried to get England to be ruled by the church again after england had spent 100's of years of dominance in the dark ages under the Catholic church. Guy was like a CFR member working for the NWO. I liked the movie very much and recommned it but the hero in the movie had much better ideas than the original. The movie probably has the Vatican in stiches LOL.

I agree... Same with the Che avatars I see around. I understand the connection to the concept of Revolution - but Dr. Paul is more akin to Ghandi or the Dali Llama than to a bloodly revolutionary like Fawkes or Che Guevara.

Which makes me think - I wonder if Dr. Paul will be receiving the Nobel Peace prize in October of next year, or if he'll have to wait for the year after that. I'm already planning a spot on the wall for my framed Time Magazine "Man of the Year" issue. :D

Copperhed51
10-18-2007, 09:43 AM
shameless bump

Ridiculous
10-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Again, associating Paul or supporters with V for Vendetta is fucking retarded. I hope Ron get a billion Dollars every day but associating him/us with a violent anti-hero because you like the theme of a movie is stupid.

You shouldn't associate Paul or his supporters with blowing shit up. For the few younger voters you might attract, you are going to make that many more older ones think Ron Paul is kooky.

this person put it into perspective pretty well:

I don't really know how to convince people that your average American doesn't look kindly upon violent revolutions in the year 2007. Most people don't know what happened during the Revolutionary war, the guerrilla tactics used, etc. and think a bunch of guys whose names they can't remember met up in Philadelphia and wrote up the Constitution and bill of rights as they are now.

But most people do know that Hugo Weaving and Natalie Portman were in a movie called V for Vendetta, whose charismatic, mildly psychotic anti-hero was persecuted by a totalitarian, Nazi-styled (in the movie, anyways) government, and reacted to his long history of abuse through vendetta murder and, in the end, suicide terrorism. This is not the kind of victim complex we want people to see Ron Paul supporters as having.

I know, I know, Thomas Jefferson said the tree of liberty must be refreshed by the blood of patriots from time to time, etc. etc., but that's just not the framework your average voter is operating in.

But whatever, everyone do what they want to do, just think about your actions and how they reflect on the candidate you're trying to support.

I'll give 100 bucks on November 5th, and I hope he raises a mil in one day. That would rock.

IowaSupport
10-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Agreed with the above post, and the post within that post.

This can be spun entirely way too easily if it gets out. Regardless, if I have it in my bank account, I'll be donating - but shouldn't we, as Ron Paul supporters, really be taking a good hard look at the blowback that we create from all of our actions?

The wheels are turning on this one, so I'm on board, but in the future, please folks, think about the unintended consequences.

Edit: Also - good video - this was the deciding factor in my choice to donate on the 5th or not :P

reduen
10-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Nice job on the video.

If it is not to much hassle you might put the new webs url and/or the url to the official campaign site in there though. :)

Copperhed51
10-18-2007, 10:35 AM
I might be able to add those in. What's the new url? I didn't realize there was one.

SwordOfShannarah
10-18-2007, 02:03 PM
I might be able to add those in. What's the new url? I didn't realize there was one.

http://www.ThisNovember5th.com