PDA

View Full Version : Fox News: U.N. Denies Appointing 'First Contact' for Visiting Space Aliens

FrankRep
09-28-2010, 05:37 AM
Sorry Alien Lovers.

U.N. Denies Appointing 'First Contact' for Visiting Space Aliens (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,601525,00.html?test=latestnews)

Fox News
September 27, 2010

Is the United Nations set to appoint an obscure Malaysian astrophysicist to act as Earth's first contact for any aliens that may come visiting? Nonsense, said the U.N.

"The mandate of the Office for Outer Space Affairs is defined by the United Nations General Assembly and there are no plans to change the current mandate," Jamshid Gaziyev, a spokesman for the agency, told FoxNews.com.

SOURCE:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,601525,00.html?test=latestnews

Bruno
09-28-2010, 07:43 AM
too funny!

"However, he thinks humanity's first encounter with any intelligent aliens is more likely to be via radio or light signals from a distant planet than by beings arriving on Earth. And, he suggests, even if we do encounter aliens in the flesh, they are more likely to be microbes than anything intelligent."

Do microbes send radio signals? lol

MelissaWV
09-28-2010, 09:22 AM
too funny!

"However, he thinks humanity's first encounter with any intelligent aliens is more likely to be via radio or light signals from a distant planet than by beings arriving on Earth. And, he suggests, even if we do encounter aliens in the flesh, they are more likely to be microbes than anything intelligent."

Do microbes send radio signals? lol

That's not what that says.

They are two distinct different events. Let's say the nearest intelligent aliens interested in communicating with us are sending radio or light signals, but they are 5n away. However, we may very well encounter alien microbes within our own solar system at some point, or near to it. Those would be the only likely aliens we'd encounter in the flesh, barring some very hearty breed making it here via meteorite. Those aliens would be 0n from us, being that they are on earth at the time we encounter them... or perhaps less than 1n away if they are on Mars or the moon (the only two foreign bodies we're likely to explore anytime soon).

So the intelligent life could be many, many times further from us than the microbes... but we're going to run into the microbes in person, rather than the intelligent life which is either smart enough to stay the fuck away, or simply cannot travel far enough to meet with us. Incidentally, by the time we see their light signals, they might be extinct lol

Bruno
09-28-2010, 09:35 AM
That's not what that says.

They are two distinct different events. Let's say the nearest intelligent aliens interested in communicating with us are sending radio or light signals, but they are 5n away. However, we may very well encounter alien microbes within our own solar system at some point, or near to it. Those would be the only likely aliens we'd encounter in the flesh, barring some very hearty breed making it here via meteorite. Those aliens would be 0n from us, being that they are on earth at the time we encounter them... or perhaps less than 1n away if they are on Mars or the moon (the only two foreign bodies we're likely to explore anytime soon).

So the intelligent life could be many, many times further from us than the microbes... but we're going to run into the microbes in person, rather than the intelligent life which is either smart enough to stay the fuck away, or simply cannot travel far enough to meet with us. Incidentally, by the time we see their light signals, they might be extinct lol

I know that's not what he meant, but it isn't as funny to read it that way. :)

And I do believe we have been visited for centuries, but you probably already know my thoughts on that.

Aratus
09-28-2010, 09:42 AM
i just saw episode two of "THE EVENT" ---it obviously has a ufo E.T theme.
was this done waggishly as a promo for the NC action/adventure series???

pcosmar
Well Fox News said it. There ya go.

I find reports of both denial and statements that suggest otherwise.
The statement posted above (and again below) is by Professor Richard Crowther

And is Opinion.
Her statement,

During a talk Othman gave recently to fellow scientists, she said: “The continued search for extraterrestrial communication, by several entities, sustains the hope that some day humankind will receive signals from extraterrestrials.
"When we do, we should have in place a coordinated response that takes into account all the sensitivities related to the subject. The UN is a ready-made mechanism for such coordination.”

The story is being widely reported.
http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=7319

But the real concern for me is that with the many "sightings" and the Disclosures of previously classified material. The Fact that world bodies are considering these questions and preparing a response or responses concerns me still.
Not because of aliens or the lack thereof, but because of how this may be used.
Used, to further an agenda.

"never let a good crisis go to waste."

FunkBuddha
If this position does become available I can't think of any better candidate than myself. I'm fun to be around and people like me, aliens probably would too. I'm fluent in many card/board games as well although if they can read minds it might not be much fun for me at least. They might enjoy it though and I'm cool with that.

I'm also pretty good at entertaining guests. I can mix drinks and make many different types of hors d'oeuvres. I will insist on taking the keys to the ship if they drink too much. They can sleep on my couches or inflatable mattress or they can hang out in the ship which they can park in my field behind my house. It is flat and should be suitable for a space craft. My dog is friendly but I can tie him up if he causes a problem.

I have an android phone with some pretty cool apps I can show them like Tricorder and Torque. Google translate might come in handy as well.

I don't have a big flat screen TV with surround sound but if I get the job that will be my first priority.

Also, my kids are very polite and I'm sure they would have fun with the alien kids while the adults talk "business".

I can also serve as a spiritual representative as I am a licensed minister of the Universal Life Church in California and I am also a figurehead of a religion that I started a few years ago.

MelissaCato
09-28-2010, 10:39 AM
I think they like to watch us sleep. Haven't cought one in the act yet though. LMAO

Reason
09-28-2010, 11:28 AM
YouTube - U.N. To Appoint Ambassador To Space (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zskeZYyGxDs)

Vessol
09-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Perhaps they are backing up on disclosure for a later date?

james1844
09-28-2010, 01:45 PM
I nominate pcosmar for the position of official representative from the freedom movement to any alien visitors.

silus
09-29-2010, 03:25 AM
Why would aliens travel millions of light years to see an ambassador, a mere representative. Do we have to check their nuke program first or something?? UNLESS we are actually sending the ambassador to the alien world! Now it makes sense.

MelissaWV
09-29-2010, 11:17 AM
I think they like to watch us sleep. Haven't cought one in the act yet though. LMAO

Thank you for making my insomnia that much worse.

BlackTerrel
09-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Carrot Top should have this position.

roho76
09-29-2010, 08:56 PM
Carrot Top should have this position.

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2007/09/30/0928_carrot_top_3reveal_wi_fm.jpg

speciallyblend
09-29-2010, 08:59 PM
If Aliens show up;) They better have Ron Paul 2012 on their dam ship or they can go the f away;)

Vessol
09-29-2010, 09:09 PM
I think SpecialtyBlend is enjoying some of his specialty blend :).

Arklatex
09-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Ok my people once more i'll say this then i'm done

This is all an illusion.

first contact... lol...

one world govenment is here! Before there was ever an USA there was a one world government. It's all an illusion to keep you preoccupied from the truth.

Vessol
09-29-2010, 09:14 PM
We shouldn't worry about the aliens above..but rather the ones below..

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

speciallyblend
09-29-2010, 09:18 PM
I think SpecialtyBlend is enjoying some of his specialty blend :).

not yet but after work hell ya;) but if the aliens come? i hope they bring better genetics:) something new and exciting:) First Contact/ Safety Break/Contact High:) Peaceful Aliens!!

YouTube - Outkast - ATLiens (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojWnE0mOJGs)