PDA

View Full Version : Pat Tillman's brother talks to Bill Maher...

DirtMcGirt
09-27-2010, 07:49 PM
Very blunt interview about the cover up of his brother's death... NSFW

YouTube - Bill Maher interviews Richard Tillman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t_V_7U8qdc&feature=player_embedded#)

getch36
09-27-2010, 08:02 PM
Great interview..............Can't believe Maher brought up the possibilty of it being a planned murder(which it might have been).

silus
09-27-2010, 08:43 PM
He was pretty damn blunt at his brothers funeral.

Bruno
09-27-2010, 08:46 PM
He was pretty damn blunt at his brothers funeral.

It doesn't get much more blunt than that.

TheeJoeGlass
09-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Great interview..............Can't believe Maher brought up the possibilty of it being a planned murder(which it might have been).

It was very "truther" of him. Why is Tillman so pissed at God? Why did he not call out McCrystal and Gates for there role? He should be angry at the Fed Gov. Not God.

Bruno
09-27-2010, 09:12 PM
It was very "truther" of him. Why is Tillman so pissed at God? Why did he not call out McCrystal and Gates for there role? He should be angry at the Fed Gov. Not God.

Angry at God, or saying there isn't a God? I don't think he believes in God.

DirtMcGirt
09-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Yeah he is an atheist, so he isn't mad at God...

amy31416
09-27-2010, 09:21 PM

He was angry at the phony asshole "celebrities" who got up and spoke at the funeral without knowing a damned thing about his brother......not god.

I've been there...though it wasn't "celebrities" that have raised my ire.

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-27-2010, 09:31 PM

It didn't sound like he was issuing a fucking pardon for the federal club in the interview.

getch36
09-27-2010, 09:36 PM
It was warmonger John McCain and Maria Shriver who spoke at the funeral.They said the usual fake bullshit about Pat being with god -like they could give a shit.I think it's great that Richard pretty much told the Two phonies to fuck off...........

bwlibertyman
09-27-2010, 09:57 PM
good interview

V4Vendetta
09-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Thx for posting that.

devil21
09-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Is it really true that half of military "action" deaths are actually from friendly fire? I was shocked when Maher quoted that stat. There's something seriously wrong there if that's true.

Bruno
09-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Is it really true that half of military "action" deaths are actually from friendly fire? I was shocked when Maher quoted that stat. There's something seriously wrong there if that's true.

I don't know, but that does seem to be a B.S. stat.

revolutionary8
09-27-2010, 11:14 PM

I don't think devil ever said "that is a B.S. stat".

FTR.
"B.S"? Really??

Please share...

newyearsrevolution08
09-27-2010, 11:26 PM
friendly fire happens all the time

whether from planes, choppers, unmanned vehicles as well as close quarter combat.

part of war and is yet another reason for us to get the fuck out.

revolutionary8
09-28-2010, 01:04 AM
;)
friendly fire happens all the time

Not that I agree with anything you said, BUT...
your point?
WHAT does this have to do with Tillman?
let me guess.. you majored in STATS!

kpfareal
09-28-2010, 06:21 AM
That was a good video. I'm curious to know the friendly fire stats for Iraq and Afghanistan...

angelatc
09-28-2010, 06:37 AM

Maher is always full of so much bullshit that it's surprising to see him have any credibility when he spews random garbage like that.

Bruno
09-28-2010, 07:21 AM
I don't think devil ever said "that is a B.S. stat".

FTR.
"B.S"? Really??

Please share...

He didn't, I did. He questioned it, I questioned it further. You could double the numbers below and still be nowhere near 50%.

(from 2006)

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-08-27-friendly-fire_x.htm

At least 16 soldiers have died as a result of friendly fire during operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, according to information obtained by Army Times under the Freedom of Information Act. At least six other incidents involving the deaths of nine U.S. soldiers are still under investigation as possible fratricide.

Of the 16 confirmed friendly fire incidents, the families of at least five soldiers, including Tillman and Buryj, have had to fight to find out what really happened to their loved ones.

Maher is always full of so much bullshit that it's surprising to see him have any credibility when he spews random garbage like that.

How true.

devil21
09-28-2010, 06:47 PM
He didn't, I did. He questioned it, I questioned it further. You could double the numbers below and still be nowhere near 50%.

(from 2006)

At least 16 soldiers have died as a result of friendly fire during operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, according to information obtained by Army Times under the Freedom of Information Act. At least six other incidents involving the deaths of nine U.S. soldiers are still under investigation as possible fratricide.

Of the 16 confirmed friendly fire incidents, the families of at least five soldiers, including Tillman and Buryj, have had to fight to find out what really happened to their loved ones.

How true.

It does seem highly unlikely, however I don't think Maher just made it up out of thin air. I'd like to see what he based that figure on. Tillman didn't say Maher was wrong or anything when he mentioned it.

DirtMcGirt
09-29-2010, 08:58 AM
Has anyone seen the movie yet?
Here's the trailer...

YouTube - The Tillman Story - Official Trailer [HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaMAVAqef7I)

Aratus
09-29-2010, 09:59 AM
when did the "leaks" that went wiki actually begin... i do wonder!?!!!

lucius
09-29-2010, 10:43 AM
How did this left-wing gatekeeper contain his powerful message?

mahler is a shill...plain and simple...works for ge or some-other monolithic defense contractor...

JK/SEA
09-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Does this guy have any political ambitions?...need to get this fucker into congress.

oyarde
09-29-2010, 06:57 PM

(from 2006)

How true.

That stat is BS . Usually 30 to 45 percent of deaths will come from non combat injuries. Mostly vehicular types of accidents , rollovers etc. The remainder mostly come not from direct enemy fire , but from enemy bombs . Friendly fire in an open terrain environment would be very rare . Mostly coming from chaotic conditions resulting in being ambushed by a larger force and calling help in .