PDA

View Full Version : Rand is on Mark Levin now!

jct74
09-27-2010, 07:36 PM
tune in

UPDATE: Over now, good appearance by Rand. He promoted the moneybomb webathon, said he has read Levin's book "Liberty and Tyranny", Levin had very good things to say about Rand afterwards. I just missed the very beginning, but it should be available for everyone later tonite I think when Levin posts the podcast on his website here: http://www.marklevinshow.com/sectional.asp?id=32930

UPDATE 2: Tube here
YouTube - Rand Paul on the Mark Levin Radio Show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7xiMEL3fr4)

UPDATE 3: Podcast is up (http://www.marklevinshow.com/sectional.asp?id=32930), starts at about 54:30.

MRoCkEd
09-27-2010, 07:44 PM
summary?

jct74
09-27-2010, 07:48 PM
summary?

yeah its over now. Good appearance but short, less than 10 minutes. He promoted the moneybomb webathon, said he has read Levin's book "Liberty and Tyranny", Levin had very good things to say about Rand afterwards. Podcast should be available later tonite I think. It will be posted here:
http://www.marklevinshow.com/sectional.asp?id=32930

low preference guy
09-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Rand is incredibly open minded and can absorb a lot of information. He read Mises already, so reading the books by popular actors is really easy for him. He already read Sarah Palin's book and Glenn Beck's book, so he is familiar to some degree with how they view things and that makes it easier for Rand to converse with them.

Dreamofunity
09-27-2010, 08:06 PM
I switch between NPR and the local conservative talk radio station up here on my way to and from class.

I've caught Levin a few times, that man has the most annoying voice ever.

I heard him say, "blah blah blah tea party candidates I supported, blah blah blah, I was certainly not the first, but I will definitely be the loudest supporter of Rand Paul, blah blah more tea party people."

MRoCkEd
09-27-2010, 08:07 PM
He only supported Rand once he became the nominee.

jct74
09-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Nice. Youtube is up already.

YouTube - Rand Paul on the Mark Levin Radio Show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7xiMEL3fr4)

Deborah K
09-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Did he ask him anything about his Dad's views? Levin has been a jerk to RP supporters and RP's stances in the past. I read his book "Men in Black" and met him once. I liked him until he started blasting RP. Just wondering if he's come around.

low preference guy
09-27-2010, 08:14 PM
He only supported Rand once he became the nominee.

But at a key moment. He was the most vocal and unabashed Rand supporter the day after the Maddow interview.

BuddyRey
09-27-2010, 08:15 PM
How can Mark Levin profess such avid support of Rand Paul when he's said so many vile and slanderous things about his father? To me, that just doesn't add up.

low preference guy
09-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Levin had very good things to say about Rand afterwards. Podcast should be available later tonite I think

is what Levin said afterwards included in the posted youtube?

Justinjj1
09-27-2010, 08:24 PM
Absolutely sickening and disgusting that Rand Paul would even show up on his show. This is the same guy that spent a lot of time harassing, belittling, and name calling his father on public radio that he has never apologized for. This shows a total lack of character on Rand's part. How many people on here would show up and suck up to someone who has shown such vitriol and hatred towards your father? Pathetic...his family's honor should be more important than whatever measely votes he scrounged up by showing up on that zionist idiot's radio show.

jct74
09-27-2010, 08:31 PM
is what Levin said afterwards included in the posted youtube?

No, but the podcast is up:
http://www.marklevinshow.com/sectional.asp?id=32930

The interview is from 54:30 to 61:10. Actually he didn't say too much afterwards, just that he's really come to like Rand, he's been reading a lot about him, he's a very smart guy, we really need him to win.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-27-2010, 09:11 PM
How can Mark Levin profess such avid support of Rand Paul when he's said so many vile and slanderous things about his father? To me, that just doesn't add up.

Because Rand Paul is a Republican nominee in a major race and Ron Paul wasn't. If Ron Paul won the GOP presidential nomination I bet Levin/Medved/Hannity would've strongly supported him over Barack Obama.

Absolutely sickening and disgusting that Rand Paul would even show up on his show.

Funny: this is what most people say about Ron Paul's appearances on Alex Jones' show.

sailingaway
09-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Absolutely sickening and disgusting that Rand Paul would even show up on his show. This is the same guy that spent a lot of time harassing, belittling, and name calling his father on public radio that he has never apologized for. This shows a total lack of character on Rand's part. How many people on here would show up and suck up to someone who has shown such vitriol and hatred towards your father? Pathetic...his family's honor should be more important than whatever measely votes he scrounged up by showing up on that zionist idiot's radio show.

His father would have gone, too.

Just as he went on Beck after Beck called us all terrorists. That is where he can get his views out to an audience.

Matt Collins
09-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Absolutely sickening and disgusting that Rand Paul would even show up on his show. This is the same guy that spent a lot of time harassing, belittling, and name calling his father on public radio that he has never apologized for. This shows a total lack of character on Rand's part. How many people on here would show up and suck up to someone who has shown such vitriol and hatred towards your father? Pathetic...his family's honor should be more important than whatever measely votes he scrounged up by showing up on that zionist idiot's radio show.Don't you think it's more honorable to his family and his supporters to win than to throw it away due to a grudge or personal resentment? :confused:

FSP-Rebel
09-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Heard it, don't know. But he loves Rand big time.

Justinjj1
09-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Don't you think it's more honorable to his family and his supporters to win than to throw it away due to a grudge or personal resentment? :confused:

Levin is not someone who just politely disagreed with Ron on the issues. He is someone who savagely attacked him all during the 2008 elections. He frequently called him a "nut", "kook", "RuPaul", "idiot" etc. He even had his listeners flood Ron's congressional phone line to berate him after that Giuliani incident in the debates. He's an absolute scumbag, and yes, I do think Rand Paul is a disgrace as a son to go and suck up to him on national radio.

Do you guys not remember this stuff? YouTube - Mark Levin encourages audience to NOT VOTE for Ron Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1rMHQZk4xo)

He's even worse than Glenn Beck, because at least Beck has apologized and somewhat made amends with Ron.

low preference guy
09-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Do you guys not remember this stuff?

Do you think Ron Paul wouldn't have showed up as well, if given the opportunity? Did you know that Ron Paul did a an hour show with Glenn Beck after he called Ron "the major of crazy town" whose "supporters are terrorists"?

Matt Collins
09-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Levin is not someone who just politely disagreed with Ron on the issues. He is someone who savagely attacked him all during the 2008 elections. He frequently called him a "nut", "kook", "RuPaul", "idiot" etc. He even had his listeners flood Ron's congressional phone line to berate him after that Giuliani incident in the debates. He's an absolute scumbag, and yes, I do think Rand Paul is a disgrace as a son to go and suck up to him on national radio.

Pride is a bad thing. Thankfully the Paul's don't have that fault although it appears that you do. :(

Sola_Fide
09-27-2010, 10:29 PM

Do you guys not remember this stuff? YouTube - Mark Levin encourages audience to NOT VOTE for Ron Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1rMHQZk4xo)

He's even worse than Glenn Beck, because at least Beck has apologized and somewhat made amends with Ron.

Dude, this is ridiculous...and you sound like a troll.

You have to allow establishment Republicans who have not been open to the message of Liberty the chance to slowly come around to our position.

I'm really glad Ron and Rand are still trying to bring conservatives to a more principled position, and not adopting a view like yours which would kill the Liberty movement.

TomtheTinker
09-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Pride is a bad thing. Thankfully the Paul's don't have that fault although it appears that you do. :(

I would not go as far as saying that pride in itself is a bad thing..but being over proud certainly isn't gone to get you very far.

FSP-Rebel
09-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Levin is not someone who just politely disagreed with Ron on the issues. He is someone who savagely attacked him all during the 2008 elections. He frequently called him a "nut", "kook", "RuPaul", "idiot" etc. He even had his listeners flood Ron's congressional phone line to berate him after that Giuliani incident in the debates.
Times change and I think this is water under the bridge. Holding grudges is very English, which I know all about.. I listen to Levin whenever i can and he always amuses me, though i caught him tonight interviewing Rand, which was a treat. Embrace those coming around yall.

newyearsrevolution08
09-27-2010, 11:32 PM
I would not go as far as saying that pride in itself is a bad thing..but being over proud certainly isn't gone to get you very far.

pride is great

its not being able to apologize once you realize you are wrong is where the fault lies.

economics102
09-28-2010, 12:22 AM
I wouldn't count on most of the neocons "coming around" -- their followers, perhaps, but not the mouthpieces.

The crux of it is this: Ron Paul is not a man of pride. He is fighting a philosophical and political battle to defend the country, just as a soldier defends the country in combat. Rand Paul is doing the same thing. At Rand's back is not just his family, but an entire country, and entire army of like-minded supporters who are counting on him to do what, perhaps, nobody else in this country can. Rand is not going to allow the country to tumble off the cliff on his watch. He is our chosen warrior precisely because he's a better man than most of us and is willing to climb into the snake pit in order to try to see us through to the other side. We'll see what kind of things he does as a senator, of course, but in regards to what he does to get elected -- expecting one of our own to get into the senate without playing the dirty game of politics, is like expecting to win a war with an army of pacificists who refuse to fire their guns.

Rand is not doing anything different than Ron has done, Rand is just doing it on a more amplified scale, because he needs to in order to win. FORTUNATELY FOR US, Rand is, like his father, willing to put pride and ego aside in order to do what needs to be done to save this country.

By being willing to do things like go on Levin's show, he's not sticking it to us or to his family, he's sticking it to those who think they can stop him by forcing him into a devil's choice between his mission and his pride. You talk about family honor and such, but I'll bet you Ron was the first one to tell his son, "don't let them use me as a tool against you. they will try it, and you will best help our mission by not letting them get under your skin with this."

Look at this through the lens of retrospect of Ron Paul's campaign. How many times did Ron Paul appear on Hannity and other shows, how many times did he attend the TV debates even though he had to endure laughter and derisiveness from the moderators and other candidates? I'm sure they thought they got the better of those circumstances. But Ron Paul is actually the one who won. By not caring about the people whose respect he did not desire anyway, he got his ideas out to millions of people. He lit the brushfires -- is that not a far better revenge on the neocons than if he had taken offense and spurned the people at Fox and his fellow candidates?

I'm sure you all noticed, but by the later debates leading up to the first major primaries, during that brief timeframe where the establishment was legitimately worried Ron Paul might pull an upset in New Hampshire or Iowa, the mocking laughter and smiling headshaking from Romney, Giuliani, McCain -- you could see the look of fear just below the surface -- they were not laughing at him for fun -- they were laughing at him in the desperate hope that it would throw some water on the brushfires they knew were lighting up every time Ron spoke on national TV.

So, not to sound like a jerk, but basically what I'm saying is that it's very hypocritical of anyone here who approves of how Ron Paul plays politics to say they disapprove of Rand, because both are doing essentially the same strategy. There are 37 days until the election. Pull this off and Rand will have 6 years in the senate, so I doubt he'll be worried about re-election. If he turns out to be a disappointment, that will be that. But there's really no reason to think he'll behave any differently than Ron. And that could mean the difference between this country falling into ruins, and seeing salvation.

anaconda
09-28-2010, 01:53 AM
Levin is a pathetic neocon yes man loser.

Fozz
09-28-2010, 05:43 AM

Mark Levin insults everyone who he disagrees with, you have to put his remarks in context of his personality.

Fozz
09-28-2010, 05:47 AM

He says vile and slanderous things about everyone who he disagrees with, including liberals and RINOs (many of whom we also hate).

Cowlesy
09-28-2010, 06:43 AM
That was a very good interview

Justinjj1
09-28-2010, 06:58 AM

You have to allow establishment Republicans who have not been open to the message of Liberty the chance to slowly come around to our position.

I'm really glad Ron and Rand are still trying to bring conservatives to a more principled position, and not adopting a view like yours which would kill the Liberty movement.

Why do you think Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, Bill Kristol, Mike Huckabee, et.al, are being so friendly with Rand? Do you really think it's because they have suddenly seen the light and realized their mistakes? I think it's because they do not see Rand as a threat to the military-industrial complex or to AIPAC. And I believe that it is Rand that has moved more towards their positions and not vice-versa.

TheDriver
09-28-2010, 07:02 AM
Why do you think Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, Bill Kristol, Mike Huckabee, et.al, are being so friendly with Rand? Do you really think it's because they have suddenly seen the light and realized their mistakes? Because I think it's because they do not see Rand as a threat to the military-industrial complex or to AIPAC. And I believe that it is Rand that has moved more towards their positions and not vice-versa.

You live in 2007-08, ever election is different and this isn't a presidential election. Do you honestly think Hannity, Kristol, Huckabee or Levin (ok leave out Kristol :p) want Jack Conway to win?

angelatc
09-28-2010, 07:08 AM
Levin is a pathetic neocon yes man loser.

This.^^

I'm happy Rand went on his show, but screw Mark Levin.

angelatc
09-28-2010, 07:12 AM
Why do you think Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, Bill Kristol, Mike Huckabee, et.al, are being so friendly with Rand? Do you really think it's because they have suddenly seen the light and realized their mistakes? I think it's because they do not see Rand as a threat to the military-industrial complex or to AIPAC. And I believe that it is Rand that has moved more towards their positions and not vice-versa.

I don't know that Rand has shifted positions, but the only reason the people you named are supporting him is that he is a means to an end - the GOP wants to regain control. The Liberty movement is seen as nothing more than a paper tiger by the ruling elite, largely because most of us refuse to get active inside the GOP.

sailingaway
09-28-2010, 07:27 AM
I don't know that Rand has shifted positions, but the only reason the people you named are supporting him is that he is a means to and end - the GOP wants to regain control. The Liberty movement is seen as nothing more than a paper tiger by the ruling elite, largely because most of us refuse to get active inside the GOP.

Also, they are trying to get the tea party 'stamp of approval' for future presidential runs, a bunch of them. Supporting the party's nominee is safe enough that if the tea party is frowned on in 2012 they can say they were just doing that. But this way they have photo ops and helpful fundraisers to refer to.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-28-2010, 08:29 AM
People here call Hannity/Limbaugh/Levin/etc. cheerleaders for the Republican party all the time and then act surprised when they do just that?

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that they'd all carry Ron Paul's water if he became the GOP nominee for President.

erowe1
09-28-2010, 08:34 AM
You live in 2007-08, ever election is different and this isn't a presidential election. Do you honestly think Hannity, Kristol, Huckabee or Levin (ok leave out Kristol :p) want Jack Conway to win?

I do think Kristol probably wants Conway to win. And I think a lot of the Republican old guard secretly does. They want to be able to say to voters in future primaries, "Please don't make the mistake of nominating some extremist again. Look what happened when you did that in Kentucky in 2010. Go with our moderate who can win."

specsaregood
09-28-2010, 08:38 AM
I do think Kristol probably wants Conway to win. And I think a lot of the Republican old guard secretly does. They want to be able to say to voters in future primaries, "Please don't make the mistake of nominating some extremist again. Look what happened when you did that in Kentucky in 2010. Go with our moderate who can win."

They said as much in that GQ article.

erowe1
09-28-2010, 08:38 AM
People here call Hannity/Limbaugh/Levin/etc. cheerleaders for the Republican party all the time and then act surprised when they do just that?

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that they'd all carry Ron Paul's water if he became the GOP nominee for President.

There's a difference between supporting Rand for Senate and supporting Ron for President.

If Ron did get the nomination against Obama, then there would almost certainly be a third party neoconservative-friendly centrist candidate like Bloomberg. And that candidate would get tons of mainstream endorsements. I highly doubt that Levin or Hannity would support Ron Paul in that scenario. Rush probably wouldn't either. In fact, I think they'd all relish being able to spend 4 years talking about how Obama won in 2012 with less than half the vote because the conservative vote was split.

angelatc
09-28-2010, 08:43 AM
There's a difference between supporting Rand for Senate and supporting Ron for President.

If Ron did get the nomination against Obama, then there would almost certainly be a third party neoconservative-friendly centrist candidate like Bloomberg. And that candidate would get tons of mainstream endorsements. I highly doubt that Levin or Hannity would support Ron Paul in that scenario. Rush probably wouldn't either. In fact, I think they'd all relish being able to spend 4 years talking about how Obama won in 2012 with less than half the vote because the conservative vote was split.

There were several of them who declared they would indeed vote Democrat if somebody like Ron Paul got the nomination. They'd rather live under a socialist regime than give up one iota of any of their precious wars.

Sola_Fide
09-28-2010, 08:57 AM

I'm afraid you might be correct. But I think if someone as "conservative" as me could be nudged over to the Liberty movement by logic and sound arguments, I think a majority of other "conservatives" can too. There are a lot of us who are waking up out of this neo-con Keyensian fantasy we have been living in after Ron Paul ran in 2008. He opened up my eyes and also a lot of other people. We wouldn't have Rand, Angle, Lee, Amash, Schiff, Dennis, etc. in 2010 if we didn't have RP in 2008.

There are a lot of Tea Partiers out there who are picking up the themes of the Ron Paul revolution, and the GOP is having to respond to it...

Fozz
09-28-2010, 09:07 AM

Because they do not want a big government pro-Obama liberal democrat to win.

Fozz
09-28-2010, 09:07 AM
I'm not sure about Kristol, but I definitely believe David Frum wants Conway to win.

Fozz
09-28-2010, 09:10 AM
Too many people here take Levin's insults personally.

sailingaway
09-28-2010, 10:05 AM
I'm not sure about Kristol, but I definitely believe David Frum wants Conway to win.

I'm certain he does.

klamath
09-28-2010, 10:30 AM

They see it as win win situation. If Rand and other teaparty people win they have strong hopes the neocon leaders can hammer the teaparty group into the line once elected and if the tea party people don't get elected they can say we told you not to the elect the extremists!

sailingaway
09-28-2010, 10:43 AM
They see it as win win situation. If Rand and other teaparty people win they have strong hopes the neocon leaders can hammer the teaparty group into the line once elected and if the tea party people don't get elected they can say we told you not the elect the extremists!

What's interesting is that intentionally or not, the GOP parade of celebrities to see Rand and first money spent deluge (however short lived) on the airwaves for Rand underlines the precise Dem talking point for October being now pushed by GQ and Rolling Stone -- the idea that RAnd has become establishment, is nothing different, etc. The Dems clearly see that as the best way to sink Rand. What's unclear is if the GOP is merely being clumsy, or knows it, as well.

specsaregood
09-28-2010, 10:45 AM
What's interesting is that intentionally or not, the GOP parade of celebrities to see Rand and first money spent deluge (however short lived) on the airwaves for Rand underlines the precise Dem talking point for October being now pushed by GQ and Rolling Stone -- the idea that RAnd has become establishment, is nothing different, etc. The Dems clearly see that as the best way to sink Rand. What's unclear is if the GOP is merely being clumsy, or knows it, as well.

I've come to the opinion that is EXACTLY why they did it. And that is why they ran attack ads, as well. The kiss of death, so to speak.

Deborah K
09-30-2010, 05:56 PM
I'm afraid you might be correct. But I think if someone as "conservative" as me could be nudged over to the Liberty movement by logic and sound arguments, I think a majority of other "conservatives" can too. There are a lot of us who are waking up out of this neo-con Keyensian fantasy we have been living in after Ron Paul ran in 2008. He opened up my eyes and also a lot of other people. We wouldn't have Rand, Angle, Lee, Amash, Schiff, Dennis, etc. in 2010 if we didn't have RP in 2008.

There are a lot of Tea Partiers out there who are picking up the themes of the Ron Paul revolution, and the GOP is having to respond to it...

This

Deborah K
09-30-2010, 05:57 PM
Too many people here take Levin's insults personally.

You could say the same thing about Beck.

Fozz
09-30-2010, 06:01 PM
You could say the same thing about Beck.

False analogy. Mark Levin doesn't pretend to be a libertarian.

Deborah K
09-30-2010, 06:08 PM
False analogy. Mark Levin doesn't pretend to be a libertarian.

So you can forgive Levin for viciously insulting Dr. Paul, but not Beck, because you you don't like him calling himself libertarian? weird

Fozz
09-30-2010, 06:11 PM
So you can forgive Levin for viciously insulting Dr. Paul, but not Beck, because you you don't like him calling himself libertarian? weird

Glenn Beck pretends to be on our side and then backstabs us at times (Debra Medina)

Beck continually makes a fool of himself, giving libertarianism a bad image.

Justinjj1
09-01-2011, 07:34 AM

How is that "coming around" working for you?
It's funny to look back on this thread and review all the negative rep I got from it.

erowe1
09-01-2011, 07:37 AM
How is that "coming around" working for you?
It's funny to look back on this thread and review all the negative rep I got from it.

Judging from how well RP is doing so far this year, I'd say it's working pretty well.