PDA

View Full Version : State patrol officer shoots unarmed pregnant woman during Spokane drug raid

Anti Federalist
09-27-2010, 12:55 PM
State patrol officer shoots pregnant woman during Spokane drug raid

A pregnant, unarmed woman was shot during a drug raid in Spokane on Friday morning and she remained hospitalized late last night as investigators pieced together what happened in the county's third officer-involved shooting in four weeks.

A Washington State Patrol detective sergeant shot the woman, who according to the sheriff's spokesman is 39 weeks pregnant, while serving a search warrant at the Victoria Apartments, 1405 N. Lincoln St., according to the Spokane County Sheriff's Office.

The Sheriff's Office is investigating the shooting along with members of the Spokane Police Department and the WSP.

Sheriff's Office spokesman Sgt. Dave Reagan confirmed that officers found no weapons in the home but did find quantities of drugs during the execution of the search warrant.

"During the entry, a female suspect inside the apartment became non-compliant with officers' instructions," Reagan wrote in a news release. "When she attempted to flee out a bedroom window, officers attempted to restrain her. During efforts to prevent her escape, a shot was fired and the woman suffered a minor wound to her upper torso. She fell out the window and received first aid from containment officers stationed at the back of the apartments."

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/09/25/1356027/state-patrol-officer-shoots-pregnant.html#ixzz10l1nmgkf

pcosmar
09-27-2010, 01:00 PM
:confused:

"During the entry, a female suspect inside the apartment became non-compliant with officers' instructions," Reagan wrote in a news release. "When she attempted to flee out a bedroom window, officers attempted to restrain her. During efforts to prevent her escape, a shot was fired and the woman suffered a minor wound to her upper torso. She fell out the window and received first aid from containment officers stationed at the back of the apartments."
I'm gonna need a translator.
That shit makes no sense at all. Some weird bastardization of English I expect.
:(

tremendoustie
09-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Do y'all follow copblock? If not, I recommend it. http://www.copblock.org/

Anti Federalist
09-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Do y'all follow copblock? If not, I recommend it. http://www.copblock.org/

Yah, that's one on my list of sites that I scan daily for the latest cop outrages.

phill4paul
09-27-2010, 01:13 PM

Indeed. Containment officers already in place but they felt the need to shoot her as she exited.

fisharmor
09-27-2010, 01:15 PM

Yeah, no shit. Police vacation requests are getting right up there with classic homework excuses for disjunctiveness.

phill4paul
09-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Yeah, no shit. Police vacation requests are getting right up there with classic homework excuses for disjunctiveness.

There is a very bad but truthful joke in that statement.

fisharmor
09-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Indeed. Containment officers already in place but they felt the need to shoot her as she exited.

Well If you want to pick it apart, how the fuck does a 39 week pregnant woman get herself through a window at all? That's the time when she's ready to pop, folks. The only way she made it through the window is if the cops were pushing her.

getch36
09-27-2010, 01:29 PM
I think the shooting was justified since they did find a "quantity of drugs".Well worth shooting an unarmed pregnant woman over.

pcosmar
09-27-2010, 01:34 PM
How do attempt to restrain and finger on the trigger fit into the same sentence?

Not to mention (best not to) the rest of the bullshit.

Maximus
09-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Yeah the cops version of the story made little sense.

Although I could potentially see the pregnant lady jumping out her window if she thought armed thugs were running in (potentially to do harm to her and the child).

Turns out she was right

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-27-2010, 09:01 PM
http://photos.forteantimes.com/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_2/fortean_times_1401_7.jpg

amy31416
09-27-2010, 09:51 PM
A 70+ yr old pastor, an extremely pregnant woman, then......what next? A toddler cuddling with a kitten, shot for disorderly drooling?

Philhelm
09-28-2010, 07:46 AM
A 70+ yr old pastor, an extremely pregnant woman, then......what next? A toddler cuddling with a kitten, shot for disorderly drooling?

Well, SWAT already incinerated and shot a seven-year-old girl in Detroit a few months ago. There is no limit to their evil.

Anti Federalist
09-28-2010, 12:17 PM

I'd post pictures of the dead children of Waco, but it would get me banned.

:mad:

phill4paul
09-28-2010, 12:20 PM

It shouldn't. People damn well need to understand what this monster is truly about and what it does to citizens when it wishes to send a message.

Danke
09-28-2010, 12:24 PM

As far as I can tell, no pictures YOU post will get YOU banned...

fedup100
09-28-2010, 12:30 PM
She's fortunate the bastards didn't gut her on the spot and target practice the dead baby or wear the dead child as a hat as they parade down the street strutting their machismo as they did to the Cherokee Indian women.

This is the results of training monsters to be trained killers and then send them home to prey on the community. This will not stop through outrage, these demons only understand might.

tremendoustie
09-28-2010, 12:44 PM
She's fortunate the bastards didn't gut her on the spot and target practice the dead baby or wear the dead child as a hat as they parade down the street strutting their machismo as they did to the Cherokee Indian women.

This is the results of training monsters to be trained killers and then send them home to prey on the community. This will not stop through outrage, these demons only understand might.

No, I do think they understand disgust and condemnation. They desire to be viewed as heroes, absurd as that sounds.

Consistent moral opposition by their friends and neighbors will change their behavior.