PDA

View Full Version : Need Community Support for Campus Libertarian Club

mtj458
09-26-2010, 11:37 PM
I never planned on using this forum for this purpose and I honestly hate to ask this, but I am the president of the Penn State College Libertarians and we are currently facing some financial issues. The school helps us fund most of our activities, but we are now required to put up 20% of the fee for speakers we bring in to campus. I have been trying to raise money from various sources for a while now, but I am not having much luck. So I am hoping that the online Ron Paul community will be willing to help us out somewhat.

Any contributions will be going towards bringing speakers to our campus. With over 40,000 undergraduate students, our club is a great way to expose a large number of young people to libertarian ideas. Over the past few years, we have hosted Ron Paul, Thomas Woods, Walter Block, Robert Murphy, Lawrence Reed, and plenty of other big name libertarians to speak to our students. Any contributions will go towards bringing in speakers of similar caliber.

If anyone is in the financial position to be able to help our club out, please send me a message. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thomas
09-27-2010, 12:49 AM
Change the club name to Penn State YAL.
Affiliate with SFL.
Become an official YAL Chapter.
Adopt a highway/road.
Set up a chip-in for fundraising.
Contact the State C4L/YAL/SFL for help.

Brett
09-28-2010, 08:27 PM
edit: already contacted.