PDA

View Full Version : What would you do in this situation?

newyearsrevolution08
09-26-2010, 10:49 PM
Lets say ron paul decides to run however there is an equality liberty minded candidate (hypothetical) who has more msm coverage as well as generally more liked by the masses.

would you vote for ron paul even though those votes would help that other more well known msm liberty candidate lose the election?

reason I ask is,

there are plenty who I think would follow dr paul to the ends of the earth and vote for him or die kinda like party voters almost. Just wondering who would vote for the other liberty candidate to accomplish the same end goal OR rather vote and lose but sticking by ron paul

your thoughts?

Fr3shjive
09-26-2010, 10:54 PM
If somebody with the track record and consistency of RP runs and has a better chance at winning sure I'll for him/her. Its VERY unlikely that there is somebody out there that can show they've been as consistent as RP though.

I would be extremely weary of anybody spewing out the same message as RP(Beck), especially because its so popular right now.

amy31416
09-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Well there's a serious hypothetical.

If it was someone like BJ Lawson, and he had a shot, was established and voted according to principles--I'd vote for BJ over Ron Paul. If only because of the age difference.

I feel a weird sense of obligation to RP because of the political awakening, but he's not a messiah. I wouldn't bail on RP for some hack though, no matter what they promised. Both Reagan and Bush promised a hell of a lot that appeals to libertarians, then did a hell of a lot of the opposite.

Ekrub
09-26-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm pretty sure if a guy like that was out there then Ron would gladly throw his support behind him.

Wren
09-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Only if RP endorsed that person. RP is old and has no desire to run for one of the toughest jobs in the country, he's only doing it for us, the people. I agree with the poster above me - he would drop out and support that person instead

newyearsrevolution08
09-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Makes sense about the endorsement point, I would agree with that one as well.

If ron himself would back him/her then that is pretty good for me assuming I too am inline with whoever it was he backed.

Just wondering how much or IF people are focusing more on the man then the message.