PDA

View Full Version : Somebody Please Tell Me This Colbert Thing is a Joke!

BuddyRey
10-17-2007, 11:52 PM
If he's serious about running in SC, he could RUIN that primary for us. It was funny when this whole thing was just a bumper sticker slogan, but this country's already been led by a comedian for the last eight years, and it's time for more serious fare.

RP4ME
10-18-2007, 12:03 AM
If he's serious about running in SC, he could RUIN that primary for us. It was funny when this whole thing was just a bumper sticker slogan, but this country's already been led by a comedian for the last eight years, and it's time for more serious fare.

YEah I dunno---- I really think its has to be a joke - if not he will hear from us

CurtisLow
10-18-2007, 12:40 AM
Running for what?

BuddyRey
10-18-2007, 12:45 AM
Running for what?

for U.S. President. For some reason, he's only running in SC, but that's an IMPORTANT primary state, and he'll botch it up for sure if he's serious.

RP4ME
10-18-2007, 12:49 AM
:eek:
Running for what?

He had declared he will run for PResidnet on teh GOp ticket in SC....its a joke of course but I think he sid he was working to get his name on the Primary ballot....for real...I cant see how this would happen ...politicos out there can assess that. Furthermore, who would waste a vote on him esp. b/c it is a Joke....but then again who knows - I think a couple of follks on this forum have actually thought the man to be for real ie not a PArody...ay yi yi....so who knows....

Conza88
10-18-2007, 01:00 AM
He's running just for President, but JUST in Carolina or whateva his local district is.
It's a joke, he ain't serious. It's all a beat up for his show, just watch - they're be more segments about it. Don't worry, he'll probably pull out and endorse Ron Paul, haha. Plus by taking the piss out of all other candidates - he has on most, including freddy (sleeping / stalling on q. segment) its for us. Move on, nothing to worry about.

erowe1
10-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Actually, contrary to popular belief. Steven Colbert is not a real political pundit. He is a comedian and actor who plays a political pundit on a comedy TV show that runs on a TV network entirely devoted to comedy. Everything he does in his capacity as a comedian who pretends to be a political pundit is, you guesses it, a joke. His run for president is a self-promotion scheme that many would consider funny.

He, like Mickey Mouse, is sure to receive votes next year, and to receive more of them by pretending to run than he would if he did not pretend to run. If our campaign is so weak that we are prevented from winning the Presidency because of this, then we don't deserve it.

Craig_R
10-18-2007, 12:14 PM
if he really was running he'd have to give up his TV show, remember Freddy boy had to quit law and order to run.

its all a joke people