PDA

View Full Version : Would Beck support Ron for 2012?

Agorism
09-26-2010, 06:26 AM
Napolitano needs to keep working on him. Coulter already seems to like Paul this time around.

http://crooksandliars.com/files/uploads/2007/12/beck-french-kiss-ron-paul-1.jpg

JohnEngland
09-26-2010, 06:37 AM
If Glenn Beck were to support Ron, it would mean all the far-left who constantly monitor and harrass Beck would start to look at Ron. When that happens, they might start thinking, "Hey this Ron Paul guy makes a lot of sense..."

sofia
09-26-2010, 06:37 AM
face...palm

sigh

this man is a CIA sponsored DEVIL. He's trolling for Ron Paul supporters before he dumps Ron in 2012 in favor of sarah...(or maybe Christie)....

Bruno
09-26-2010, 06:38 AM
Only if he was there were no other GOP candidates.

wormyguy
09-26-2010, 06:44 AM
If Glenn Beck were to support Ron, it would mean all the far-left who constantly monitor and harrass Beck would start to look at Ron. When that happens, they might start thinking, "Hey this Ron Paul guy makes a lot of sense..."

You misunderstand their thought processes, which are as follows:

"Anything Glenn Beck likes = EVIL."

EvilEngineer
09-26-2010, 06:45 AM
I can't and won't forgive Beck for his treatment of Ron Paul in the 2008 campaign. I'll advertise to his mindless viewers / listeners, but as far as the man goes... I'd rather see him replaced by a chimp.

JohnEngland
09-26-2010, 06:47 AM
face...palm

sigh

this man is a CIA sponsored DEVIL. He's trolling for Ron Paul supporters before he dumps Ron in 2012 in favor of sarah...(or maybe Christie)....

I don't think Palin will run. She must surely know that the media have permanently crippled her image. As for Christie, I think his heart is set on sorting out New Jersey.

Agorism
09-26-2010, 06:48 AM
Napolitano was at the last CPAC. We just need to keep Beck chumping around with that guy.

EvilEngineer
09-26-2010, 06:54 AM
I don't think Palin will run. She must surely know that the media have permanently crippled her image. As for Christie, I think his heart is set on sorting out New Jersey.

Sadly this is the case, but it won't stop her or her supporters from throwing in with her for a 2012 bid. I think the media would prop her up like they did McCain simply because she is an easy opponent in a general election to beat.

If you remember the 2008 election, McCain wasn't even a contender in the Mid Primary season simply because he blew all his money early on in 2007 and was on the verge of having to stop his campaign. However, MSNBC started running hour long specials on McCain, and the news anchors on all networks kept mentioning him as a "front runner"... and sadly the mindless masses believed it.

JohnEngland
09-26-2010, 06:59 AM
Sadly this is the case, but it won't stop her or her supporters from throwing in with her for a 2012 bid. I think the media would prop her up like they did McCain simply because she is an easy opponent in a general election to beat.

This is the fear. Self-delusion is a terrible thing, but all too common - particularly among politicians.

erowe1
09-26-2010, 07:00 AM
Whatever people expect to happen, hypothetically, if Beck does support RP, I hope everybody milks it for all it's worth. The last thing we need is for a bunch of contrarian grassroots to complain and say we don't want his support. If he supports RP, and you think he's evil, just smile and go to some 912 meetings and pretend you like him.

Corto_Maltese
09-26-2010, 07:32 AM
With friends like Beck, who would need enemies?
Seriously, this guy isnt honest. He tries to act outraged and all, but really he would never step completely out of line of the boundaries set by the establishment. It is all a show. He could never support Paul.
No doubt he will support Romney.

wormyguy
09-26-2010, 07:37 AM
With friends like Beck, who would need enemies?
Seriously, this guy isnt honest. He tries to act outraged and all, but really he would never step completely out of line of the boundaries set by the establishment. It is all a show. He could never support Paul.
No doubt he will support Huckabee
Fixed for you. Acceptable boundaries and all.

malkusm
09-26-2010, 08:02 AM

If you remember the 2008 election, McCain wasn't even a contender in the Mid Primary season simply because he blew all his money early on in 2007 and was on the verge of having to stop his campaign. However, MSNBC started running hour long specials on McCain, and the news anchors on all networks kept mentioning him as a "front runner"... and sadly the mindless masses believed it.

Yep, very few people remember that. Between the Iowa caucuses and the New Hampshire primaries he suddenly got all sorts of "momentum," which was another way of the media saying "Gee, how can we prop this guy up and get his numbers to be better?"

Also don't forget that he won endorsements from the major Boston-area newspapers, conveniently.

payme_rick
09-26-2010, 09:36 AM
The thing with Beck is he may not have as many "mindless followers" this go-around... That has to be our hope if he nukes/drops Paul or the obvious liberty candidate...

Love him or hate him he has inspired a lot of minds to thing for themselves... He has suggested a lot of good books etc... Hopefully a Beck-flop in the primaries doesn't add up...

That is the thing that got a lot of Texas Beck-fans to question him... "You speak like Medina, speak against the likes of Perry, yet you prefer Perry?"Mmm he stuck with the establishment there while speaking against the establishment 24-7 and it didn't add up...

I don't think he CAN get away with this as easily on the nation level... Texans knew our candidates, the nation didn't...

That's my hope anyway...

Wouldn't hurt to have damage-control/beck-credibility-attack on stand-by!

RPgrassrootsactivist
09-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Doubtful. However, if Ron announces Judge Napolitano as his running mate during the nomination process, that would help to protect Ron from attacks by FOX pundits, and possibly even pressure Beck into endorsing the ticket simply because the Judge is on it.

speciallyblend
09-26-2010, 05:53 PM
who beck supports is a non-issue, unless folks register republican and become delegates and get involved it will not matter if beck supports Jesus in 2012!!

Cowlesy
09-26-2010, 08:03 PM
no, because it would hurt beck in the pocketbook, not to mention his prestige.

JeremyDahl
09-26-2010, 10:41 PM
this is going to be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo exciting...

I love the chess play of public opinion and politics.

We just need to keep growing our personal and societal power as much as possible.

Are you good at Risk?

cindy25
09-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Beck might try to get Palin to pick Rand for VP. in the end the final two will probably be Palin and Romney, with a significant number of Paul delegates.
Palin has Beck pulling her one way, Kristol the other way.

Palin has to pick a southern VP, from the tea party.
Rubio is a possibility but irrational hatred for Hispanics might make a normal positive into a negative.

Pauls' Revere
09-26-2010, 11:15 PM
face...palm

sigh

LOL i have to agree. I dont trust Beck, he is a right wing populist.